1.    #1  
    Just wondering if anyone knows anything about classic coming to webOS 3.0.

Yes.. I am still using palm os files on my old treo (pre died and Sprint gave me a samsung android. it works, but I miss webOS). So.. at work I have my android (for the phone) and carry my old treo 700p for my work apps. (webOS does not offer skyscape files yet, or other medical apps)

So.. just wondering if anyone has heard anything???

thanks
    All I know is that it got removed from 2.0. It doesn't seem likely that they will bring it back to 3.0 if they just removed it in the last major version.
    Wrong forum. I can't see any way in hell HP would re-enable an inefficient application like classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    Wrong forum. I can't see any way in hell HP would re-enable an inefficient application like classic.
    I can think of one HUGE reason they should: more people would buy WebOS devices (especially the Touchpad). Classic has it's quirks but it works well for me on my origional Pre.

As has been mentioned many times in several threads there are many industry specific applications (especially in the medical field, but in others also) available in Palm OS format that ARE NOT available in WebOS (and many of the developers have given no indication that they are planning to develop for WebOS at this time). Often they may be available in Android format but that version is often usually primitive compared to the Palm OS format. Classic would attract / retain those users.

I switched to Evo (though I still have my Pre and it is still functional) and a "rooted" Nook Color tablet. If Classic were available I would have purchased a launch day Touchpad and saved my upgrade for the Pre3. I'm thinking I'm not the only one in this position.
    Tungsten E / dumb phone -> TX / Blackberry Pearl -> Pre (1.4.1.1) -> Evo 4G / rooted Nook Color (with the Pre on the side).
    Classic works fine on my Pre2.
    Hopefully I would be able to copy it over if I got a Pre3, using the custom file I had to make up, legally.