View Poll Results: Which carrier do you think the Pre 3 will be announced this summer?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

65 41.14%
  • Verizon

26 16.46%
  • AT&T

9 5.70%
  • Verizon & AT&T

17 10.76%
  • All 3 carriers

41 25.95%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We know it is coming this summer, so place your bet and let's see how close we are to what it will be.
    Hoping for Sprint, but guess Verizon (at least at first).
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    Hoping for Sprint, but guess Verizon (at least at first).
    +1
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    sprint end of this qtr April 1st accordind to (accounts dept.) or old Retention office. Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by agiudici View Post
    sprint end of this qtr April 1st accordind to (accounts dept.) or old Retention office. Pre3
    I'd love to be wrong, but we all know you can't rely on anything they say.
    at&t is the obvious US GSM carrier and if they are making a CDMA phone it has to be Verizon or Sprint but Verizon seems the obvious choice.
    Palm Devices: Palm IIIe -> Palm IIIxe -> CLI N760C -> Tungsten T3 -> Pre Plus
    at&t is the obvious US GSM carrier and if they are making a CDMA phone it has to be Verizon or Sprint but Verizon seems the obvious choice.
    Palm Devices: Palm IIIe -> Palm IIIxe -> CLI N760C -> Tungsten T3 -> Pre Plus
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soundguise View Post
    Just like everyone else, this is just my opinion. Since Verizon just got the Pre2, my guess is that it will be at least a year before they introduce an upgrade like the Pre3. Sprint, on the other hand, has customers who are salivating to get the Pre3 and they don't have access to a Sprint Pre2. So my guess (and hope) is Sprint.
    drlarryr
    All of the big 4. You heard it here first!!! LOL
    my bet is overseas will get it first. then my next bet (double down) that it will be sold online only.
    I still have the original Pre on Sprint. However, I get frustrated with it's speed & the OS choking. About once a week, I have to reboot the OS to get it to behave correctly.

So, I'm giving HP a personal ultimatum. Either you make the Pre3 avail for purchase on Sprint by June 15th, or I'm jumping ship and I'll get the EVO 4G and stay with Android.

HP has the global presence, the supply chains, the manufacturing muscle to get this done. If they screw this up, it's gonna be "Sayōnara HP & webos, nice knowin' ya!"
    I'm hoping AT&T since "early summer" coincides with the Pre+'s launch date last year on the carrier. Of which I was the first and only in the store who got the only one they had.

Also, I feel Verizon will carry it since they have the Pre 2 as well. I don't know about Sprint, but I hope they do it for their sake.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    HP got me so hyped with the Feb 9th HP event that i switched from my HTC EVO to taking my wife's palm pre. She knows nothing about Homebrew. Anyways I'm the one that got her to get the Palm Pre when it first came out and I never worked with the OS until now and I love it. Mind you guys I just got my Evo in mid Dec. from radioshack for 99.99 with a free bluetooth which was upgrade from my HTC hero and within a month with Evo i gave up on Andriod after seeing that Pre3 and Tablet intergration. I do look forward to "think beyond" since i look forward to buying many other HP products.
    Voting for Sprint Baby 1st !!! Or going to be very disappointed. BTW only thing I miss wkith EVO is flash support and being able to open in view a lot more content but this can wait with anticipation from something better. I hardly every use 4G as its spotty on my coverage from one city to another and also annoying turning on and off by that time I already seen what I need to see lol.
    HP should release it on all major US carriers.
    I hope in Canada too
    I'm not convinced HP is going to get any of them honestly. I think part of the reason for the Feb 9th announcement was to try and drum up excitement to use as bargaining power with the carriers. The abysmal Pre2 sales and the uncertain launch of the Veer might make webOS a hard sell to carriers content to offer iOS and Android devices. The other big problem is Windows Phone 7, assuming the Sprint Arrive sells well (I would guess it does) Sprint may focus more energy on getting WP7 instead of webOS. The problem is, despite HP's size, they have no real foothold in mobile at all. I would hope to see the pre3 be a bit of a halo device and launch across carriers, but I would not be astounded if that doesn't happen (I mean Sprint didn't even take the Pre2 and they have CDMA device on Verizon).
    Quote Originally Posted by drlarryr View Post
    Just like everyone else, this is just my opinion. Since Verizon just got the Pre2, my guess is that it will be at least a year before they introduce an upgrade like the Pre3. Sprint, on the other hand, has customers who are salivating to get the Pre3 and they don't have access to a Sprint Pre2. So my guess (and hope) is Sprint.
    I never really considered thinking of it this way but I agree. If you are Verizon and you have the Pre 2 and Pre 3 next to eachother on your display case how are you really going to convince anyone to buy the Pre 2 when the pricing will likely be within 50 bucks?

That said my money is still on AT&T.
    it will be on sprint with a short exclusive maybe 3 months to six months !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Hopefully the GSM will be AT&T and the CDMA will be Sprint. Both Launching the same day would be nice too.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbgsu View Post
    I'm not convinced HP is going to get any of them honestly. I think part of the reason for the Feb 9th announcement was to try and drum up excitement to use as bargaining power with the carriers. The abysmal Pre2 sales and the uncertain launch of the Veer might make webOS a hard sell to carriers content to offer iOS and Android devices. The other big problem is Windows Phone 7, assuming the Sprint Arrive sells well (I would guess it does) Sprint may focus more energy on getting WP7 instead of webOS. The problem is, despite HP's size, they have no real foothold in mobile at all. I would hope to see the pre3 be a bit of a halo device and launch across carriers, but I would not be astounded if that doesn't happen (I mean Sprint didn't even take the Pre2 and they have CDMA device on Verizon).
    you certainly dont know what your saying ! .

Sprint expects to "continue working with HP" | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast