Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Or is it just speculation? I have seen on here a lot of talk about how people will be leaving sprint because pre3 is not coming..

I realize the phones are not confirmed yet for each company but why do so many beleive it will not come when it is confirmed to be CDMA? The other two major players already have the iphone and leading andriod phones so it would only make sense to see the pre3 give sprint another try?
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Right. Nothing is confirmed.

I expect Sprint to get the Pre 3, personally. It's CDMA. I just hope they revise it to WiMAX before signing with it
    Think I'm at the point where I'd take it with or without wimax...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

People are leaving Sprint because they have passed on the Pre +, Pre 2 and until now there is no official confirmation from Sprint that they will carry the Pre 3. By now you would think that we should know something. However, it seems that there will be a GSM Pre 3 for sure. So, putting things together ATT seems like the best bet for now.
    Pure speculation. I am totally convinced that it will be coming to Sprint, and maybe even first. Same with the Veer.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Pure speculation. I am totally convinced that it will be coming to Sprint, and maybe even first. Same with the Veer.
    Veer is GSM-only

I'm waiting on Sprint now, but if they skip webos and verizon doesn't, I'll probably go verizon.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    It's all speculation! Otherwise we wouldn't be here saying this stuff lol. There has been nothing confirmed or denied, but I would be surprised to not see it hit Verizon and Sprint.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Pure speculation. People are leaving Sprint for other reasons (but none are leaving FOR the Pre3 because no other carrier has it nor has confirmed it).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Pure speculation. People are leaving Sprint for other reasons (but none are leaving FOR the Pre3 because no other carrier has it nor has confirmed it).
    That's fair, but it's also purely semantic. People may not be leaving Sprint for the Pre 3, but I think quite a few people who have been leaving would stay for the Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Veer is GSM-only

I'm waiting on Sprint now, but if they skip webos and verizon doesn't, I'll probably go verizon.
    The Veer they showed/announced is GSM/WOrld with no carrier. HP could have a half-million Sprint-CDMA devices sitting in Dan Hess's front yard before April if he asked for them. And it's possible they are already being built and Danny is just keeping it a secret until they launch it.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Nothing official from Sprint one way or the other. At this point there is no reason to leave sprint because they lack the Pre 3, since *no one* has it yet, and we don't know who will.
    So then, its confirmed that it is not confirmed which carriers will get the Pre3. Brilliant.
    Yes, the most frustrating part of the Feb 9th event is that HP had nothing to announce except a bunch of concepts.
    I agree, it is all pure speculation on ALL fronts -- whose getting it, when will anyone get it, etc.

But, I do have a serious question on this issue.

Once a carrier has agreed to carry the Pre3, why would they (and HP for that matter) not go all out proclaiming the fact that they will carry it?

I don't think anyone would say "Man, Sprint is going to carry the Pre3 therefore I'M LEAVING!". But we have plenty of people on here that say the exact opposite "If Sprint doesn't get it I'm leaving Sprint!".

That leads to this question: If Sprint really IS going to carry this phone, and all these reps that are telling people they will will be getting it are telling the truth, why in the world would Sprint corporate not make an official announcement and end the speculation?

My conclusion is that the reps are purely speculating themselves and giving that answer to customers to placate them.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Once a carrier has agreed to carry the Pre3, why would they (and HP for that matter) not go all out proclaiming the fact that they will carry it?
    Maybe they don't want the information to trickle out, but want to make a grand announcement.
    Not holding my breath, but it's a possibility.
    "Be excellent to each other!" -Bill & Ted
    Pre 3 is going to be a world phone, with that said it can still come to Sprint. As of now there are no carriers that picked it up yet. I think they will announce it at the next mobile conference which is I think in March CTIA, the same place where Sprint announced the HTC EVO last year.
    With Sprint's new 22 month upgrade on primary line, if Pre 3 doesn't come to Sprint, all I have to do is wait 2 more months and switch carriers. My wife is about to lose her upgrade because of this policy change and we have begun looking hard at if we want to switch carriers.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Found this on new training on HPwebOS Central. Why would they list a support number for Sprint if they were not going to have their phones there. This training is for the new phones not the "legacy" ones.....

Sadlly switched from Pre- to Sprint Nexus S 4G - An 32Gb Touchpad
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Pixi on Sprint has not yet reached its EoL.
    Like I said before HP will release the Pre 3 to all carriers and it will be world phone on all carriers, HP wants to get to the market share in a big way and this is the way to do it making a world phone. I think the Pre has reached its EOL on Sprint cause it is not available on the Sprint site. If Pre 3 does not come to Sprint for some reason I will take my 5 lines and move to another carrier, I am one of few lucky people that if AT&T gets the Pre 3 I can move and still get my corp discount. But I would prefer to stay on Sprint, so Sprint really has to work hard with HP, cause every carrier has a flag ship maker, so HP has to be Sprint's major maker.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast