Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The worst scenario is the Pre3 and an iPhone being released on the same day at Sprint stores. Imagine the line. I vote for 2 lines.
    though I doubt highly a Iphone for sprint this year due to supply demands that are already causing them problems with the ipad, and did so for the iphone last year. I also assume Apple will continue to focus on Verizon, and AT&T at first for awhile before releasing it on the smaller networks. The Pre 3 seems feesable for companies like Sprint right now, and most likely AT&T (since the Iphone only buzz is gone) thats my guess for carriers this summer.
    found a article where the author states what the Pre 3 unsubsided price will be:

HP Pre 3 is expected to launch on markets during second quarter of 2011. The expected price of HP Pre 3 is $665 in USA, $675 in Australia, and 660 CAD in Canada. Overall, HP Pre 3 smartphone is loaded with more outstanding features to prove it as a good smartphone.

Specifications of HP Pre 3 Smartphone:
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    The Veer they showed/announced is GSM/WOrld with no carrier. HP could have a half-million Sprint-CDMA devices sitting in Dan Hess's front yard before April if he asked for them. And it's possible they are already being built and Danny is just keeping it a secret until they launch it.
    That's funny 'cause I actually mow Dan Hesse's yard in southern Johnson County, KS, and I can tell you in no uncertain terms...there may or may not be an obscenely large pile of Veer/Pre3 boxes in said yard.

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    though I doubt highly a Iphone for sprint this year due to supply demands that are already causing them problems with the ipad, and did so for the iphone last year. I also assume Apple will continue to focus on Verizon, and AT&T at first for awhile before releasing it on the smaller networks. The Pre 3 seems feesable for companies like Sprint right now, and most likely AT&T (since the Iphone only buzz is gone) thats my guess for carriers this summer.
    Yeah, no iPhone on Sprint is due to supply problems. Good one.

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    I'm leaving Sprint for Verizon. Not because of the Pre3, specifically. But because of the changes they have made such as ditching their Premier Customers, adding $10 to ever plan (especially), and the fact that they have the nerve to release a crap phone like the Echo. I am not leaving them because they might not get the Pre3 but because why everyone thinks they might not get it. That is, they have not been getting any good phones and it looks like they treated Palm in a horrid way and blamed them for the horrid launch of the Pre, it wasn't only Palm. Verizon is now gaining space and has every platform with a bundle of phone for each and the prices will now be cheaper for me on Verizon.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    verizon is about equal too sprint when on a family plan but if your on any sort of single plan verizon is easily 20$ more expensive for anything equal to sprints services .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Sprint really needs to announce something one-way-or-the-other. Even if the phone doesn't launch until Summer, I wish Sprint would tell us if they're going to continue on with new HP/Palm devices, so I can decide which carrier to stick with.

Pic attached is my hypothetical dream.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I sent another email to danny boy, thinking about hitting up all the tech sites hoping they will start asking questions, maybe then we will hear something

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I have spent well over $100 in apps and am sticking with the platform, the eft doesn't mean to much to me
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtreo View Post
    That's funny 'cause I actually mow Dan Hesse's yard in southern Johnson County, KS, and I can tell you in no uncertain terms...there may or may not be an obscenely large pile of Veer/Pre3 boxes in said yard.
    That's cause you ran over them with that big 'ol commercial lawn mower. Now theres just shards all over the place.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    verizon is about equal too sprint when on a family plan but if your on any sort of single plan verizon is easily 20$ more expensive for anything equal to sprints services .
    Verizon is nowhere near Sprint on a family plan. Are you smoking crack? I easily pay $ 100 less than people on Verizon with the same family plan.
  12. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by benthe1 View Post
    Verizon is nowhere near Sprint on a family plan. Are you smoking crack? I easily pay $ 100 less than people on Verizon with the same family plan.
    Very True.

I am posting a picture below for a shared Verizon Family plan that closely matches Sprint's 129.99 plan. Verizon still doesn't give the 7:00 P.M calling and unlimited mobile to mobile plus unlimited texting.

Attached Images Attached Images
  13. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Folks who say Verizon's service better than Sprint are spending $ 2500.00 more on a Two year family plan with data and texting.
    delete, error
    Last edited by bluenote; 03/07/2011 at 12:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    nevermind
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I paid I think $39/mo for my centro on sprint, now I pay $59/mo not including insurance
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Very True.

I am posting a picture below for a shared Verizon Family plan that closely matches Sprint's 129.99 plan. Verizon still doesn't give the 7:00 P.M calling and unlimited mobile to mobile plus unlimited texting.

I think a lot of folks would opt out of the VZ Navigator upcharge...and the data plan looks like the business class version instead of the standard $29.99 unlimited deal. You could probably safely shave off $30 from that monthly amount...though it would still come in far more expensive than Sprint.

I would also opt for the Talk + Text plan instead of a Talk plan plus a text add-on.

See here
    Last edited by j_grouchy; 03/07/2011 at 02:17 PM.
    Verizon is the last carrier I would ever go..! I'm on Sprint, but I'm tempted to go to ATT if that is where the Pre 3 lands.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Verizon is the last carrier I would ever go..! I'm on Sprint, but I'm tempted to go to ATT if that is where the Pre 3 lands.
    I would have a hard time living within 4GB/month. Most months probably fine (barely), but analyzing my usage on Sprint shows that I would sometimes go over. So that is a major problem with ATT for me, even though I will soon be eligible for a 25% discount on plans with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Very True.

Not for me. But it is probably because of the 12% discount I get from my work. I will be paying around $130 for my family plan were I'm paying $150 for Sprint once they update my plan with the extra $10 a month for each line..
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast