Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Like I said before HP will release the Pre 3 to all carriers and it will be world phone on all carriers, HP wants to get to the market share in a big way and this is the way to do it making a world phone. I think the Pre has reached its EOL on Sprint cause it is not available on the Sprint site. If Pre 3 does not come to Sprint for some reason I will take my 5 lines and move to another carrier, I am one of few lucky people that if AT&T gets the Pre 3 I can move and still get my corp discount. But I would prefer to stay on Sprint, so Sprint really has to work hard with HP, cause every carrier has a flag ship maker, so HP has to be Sprint's major maker.
    I hope this is true as it makes sense. Also, Sprint has a real shortage of good world Phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVisibleShadow View Post
    Maybe they don't want the information to trickle out, but want to make a grand announcement.
    Not holding my breath, but it's a possibility.
    Could be true, but if that were the case wouldn't they be slapping all these reps that are telling everyone "Yeah, we're getting the Pre3, TouchPad, and the Veer...".

It just seems fishy to me that reps have no qualms about saying they are getting it but word is mum from the official Sprint standpoint. If they are seriously waiting until CTIA that would seem silly to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by wv06 View Post
    Or is it just speculation? I have seen on here a lot of talk about how people will be leaving sprint because pre3 is not coming..

I realize the phones are not confirmed yet for each company but why do so many beleive it will not come when it is confirmed to be CDMA? The other two major players already have the iphone and leading andriod phones so it would only make sense to see the pre3 give sprint another try?
    Excuse me while I correct somthing...

I have seen on here a lot of talk about how people will be leaving sprint because pre2 is not coming..
    I was one of those, but thankfully webos 2.1 is available to play with in a hacked up manor for my pre. So that might hold me off till the pre3, or whatever other version they plan on never releaseing to the general public in mass.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wv06 View Post
    Or is it just speculation? I have seen on here a lot of talk about how people will be leaving sprint because pre3 is not coming..

I realize the phones are not confirmed yet for each company but why do so many beleive it will not come when it is confirmed to be CDMA? The other two major players already have the iphone and leading andriod phones so it would only make sense to see the pre3 give sprint another try?
    Well both the Pre2 and the Pre+ were confirmed CDMA and they did not come to Sprint. Its that old saying, burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me.

A lot of the OG Pre- owners have been burned twice waiting for a upgrade path and none was presented to us. We were essentially beta testers for the Pre and Pixi line as well as WebOS.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    I think what held a lot of people on Sprint was that the Verizon Pre2 didn't launch in October or November or December or January or most of February, and by the time the Pre2 DID launch, the Pre3 was already announced.

If the Verizon Pre2 would have launched in November, I think there would have been a much larger impact to the Now network.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    Right. Nothing is confirmed.

I expect Sprint to get the Pre 3, personally. It's CDMA. I just hope they revise it to WiMAX before signing with it
    Here's the thing: Palm announced the Pre3 before carriers signed on to carry it. That's why they haven't announced anything more than the bare basics of the phone. We know either Sprint or Verizon will be getting the Pre3.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out that Verizon is testing a Pre3 with LTE and that Sprint is testing a Pre3 with WiMAX. I say this because IF Palm plans on releasing it with "4G" technology added in, the carriers would already be testing it.

Also, HP/Palm can't yet announce if it has WiMAX or LTE, because in order to confirm that, they would need to have confirmation from the carriers that they would carry it, which we know they don't have yet.

Also, I would expect that Verizon will get the Pre3, or it will launch on Sprint shortly after Sprint launches their own LTE network. I say this because LTE requires a SIM card, which means the LTE SIM could go in the SIM slot already on the device (since it is a dual CDMA/GSM phone). Of course, WiMAX requires no SIM, so that's still a possibility, but we don't know for sure.

Finally, I'm not even sure they will have "4g" in the device, because that would be THREE radios in it (1 for CDMA, 1 for GSM, 1 for "4G") which would be quite a lot to fit in the device (though completely possible).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    The Veer they showed/announced is GSM/WOrld with no carrier. HP could have a half-million Sprint-CDMA devices sitting in Dan Hess's front yard before April if he asked for them. And it's possible they are already being built and Danny is just keeping it a secret until they launch it.
    This isnt logical. They announced the Pre 3 as GSM and CDMA why would they announce the Veer as GSM only if it werent the case?
    sprint pre3 will be a short exclusive !! just sayin sprint should get it first and i believe it will . sprint has alreadt stated they are working closely with HP in regards to the new phones , so take it for what its worth .......
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I doubt it. HP said they were going to make it up to early WebOS adopters that won't be able to update their phones, well that is largely Sprint customers
    Given that their "tap to share" technology's utility lies in having lots of devices available, I think they would be foolish to launch the Veer and the Pre3 on different carriers. I'm not saying they won't - my sad suspicion is that they will.

Shame, because my wife would like the Veer, and I'm hoping that I can get a Pre3...
    I went to Sprint.com, Contact Us page and sumbitted a request for Sprint to carry the Pre 3. I'm a current Sprint customer. I received a reply the same day. They acknowledged that WebOS is a great operating system, but same answers as the store reps (don't know one way or the other). They advised me to check their website in the future. If they decide to carry the Pre 3, info will be on their site. I knew that already (DUH), but at least they have me (a current customer) on record requesting the Pre 3. I hope Sprint values it's customers' opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    Right. Nothing is confirmed.

I expect Sprint to get the Pre 3, personally. It's CDMA. I just hope they revise it to WiMAX before signing with it
    I have Sprint, and they've been thinking of switching over to LTE. Personally, I think LTE is the way to go. Sprint said that some of the factors they'll us in whether to switch or not is adaption rates.

Besides webOS being amazing, that's another reason I don't want to get the EVO b/c Sprint switching over to LTE would be awesome.

Link: http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/15/sprint-to-lte-?
    Moto v265 --> LG enV VX9900 --> Moto Q9c --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre
    Honestly, there should be no exclusivity. If they want to really enter the market, they need to be on every carrier. Or at the very least more than just one.
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jkade View Post
    Given that their "tap to share" technology's utility lies in having lots of devices available, I think they would be foolish to launch the Veer and the Pre3 on different carriers. I'm not saying they won't - my sad suspicion is that they will.

Shame, because my wife would like the Veer, and I'm hoping that I can get a Pre3...
    It's more narrow than that - it relies on *you* have two devices, you can't share with anyone else. So if you are on a network which one has a tablet but no phone - well it's worthless to you.
    Was just at a Sprint repair store getting my Pre fixed "nothing new"... Anyways the tech told me they are for sure getting the Pre 3 this summer and he said it "MAY" have Sprint exclusivity for a short period of time. He also said he was very excited about it which is a nice change for once with most Sprint employees being obsessed with Android. He also said the HTC Arrive had already came in for them to play with. Said its very slick and the best keyboard he has ever used. I tried to get him to bring it out front but they aren't allowed : (
    Stopped in my local Sprint store and the rep said, "The HP rep was just in here and said she'd be coming back soon with the Pre3 to demo it for us."

I've dealt with him before and it seems very strange if: 1) he was lying to me or 2) the HP rep was lying to him, yes?!

But the manager and I go way back, but he wasn't in, so I haven't asked him yet. I will soon and I'll get back to y'all. No way he'd lie about this to me.
    Sprint executives would be incompetent fools not to carry the Pre 3. With no iPhone and bailing water the way they have been for years, it makes sense for them to have every oar in the water that they can possibly get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowhammer View Post
    Sprint executives would be incompetent fools not to carry the Pre 3. With no iPhone and bailing water the way they have been for years, it makes sense for them to have every oar in the water that they can possibly get.
    More like sprint WILL get iphone5 along with tmobile and possibly smaller city carriers too. iphone will be everywhere with 5.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    I tried to get him to bring it out front but they aren't allowed : (
    This is VERY encouraging to me. Had exactly the same experience while at a Best Buy and the Evo. The Sprint rep was babysitting the desk while a BB employee ran to the back for something.

The rep told us all about the upcoming release of the Evo. She finally mentioned that she had one in her purse and was visiting to show it to the staff to garner some excitement. Given the HUGE smiles on the techs faces after they saw the preview, it was pretty clear the Evo was something special.

The fact that this sort of intro is being rumored for the Pre3 makes sense and makes me optimistic.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    On 3/1, I spoke with Sprint Customer Service. They offered me money to renew my contract early. Like most Pre owners, it is up in June. I said that I'd have to think about it, since they don't have any new phones that are any good and the couple good they do have are six to 9 month old (epic and evo). He said that in July they would be getting the iphone. I pushed for details, but then he backed off a little bit and said he couldn't say much more (not allowed or was full of b.s., who knows?). I asked about the Pre3 and he said that he didn't know since the iphone was huge they knew well in advance, but smaller phones only a couple of weeks early. Just sucks that if the pre3 does come it will be 3g only and what good is the FFC. Running to a wifi spot isn't exactly flagship stuff. We'll see.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast