Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Is that your upgrade bonus thing ? It's not coming before March 31st.
    with you. :P
    I liked the Pre3 a LOT until it became apparent that 4G may/may not be available. That could be a deal killer for me.
    Currently I have an Evo... I cry at night because I want my Pre back!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Before March 31st

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

At least let us pre-order before then. If not, I may use my upgrade on a WP7 HTC Arrive.
    Get it? Pre-order?

*crickets*
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Get it? Pre-order?

*crickets*
    Thank you, thank you very much, I'll be here all week. LOL. Nice one.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    im in the same boat as you, i really do miss my pre
    I'm been warmed up to it when I first seen that the screen was bigger.Especially because they didn't make it to big,but the exact size I was hoping for.Its like they read my mind.I seen the wndows phone coming to sprint and it has nothing on the pre3.Don't believe me?Look at the specs yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    Im not never liked the pre since day one im going back to android deciding between htc hd2 samsung galaxy s or htc legend :/
    Soooo, what are you doing on this site?
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    I'm definitely warm right now. I'm just tired of Palm announcing things so far ahead of time. CES 2009 blew my mind. 9 months later when the pre came out I had definitely cooled off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I'm in the same exact situation. Can't wait for the Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashykat View Post
    I'm definitely warm right now. I'm just tired of Palm announcing things so far ahead of time.
    I have to agree. I suppose they were between a rock and hard place...knowing they needed to make some announcements stat and not having the hardware OR software fully consumer-ready until late spring at the earliest. Hopefully by the time this new stuff is released, HP will already be well into the development of the next generation of devices so their release schedule can be more compressed in the future.

I was pretty anxious about the March 31st deadline, but I'm in the unique situation of being on the verge of my 10-year anniversary with Sprint come this July. It may just coincide perfectly with the new release!
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    I have to agree. I suppose they were between a rock and hard place...knowing they needed to make some announcements stat and not having the hardware OR software fully consumer-ready until late spring at the earliest. Hopefully by the time this new stuff is released, HP will already be well into the development of the next generation of devices so their release schedule can be more compressed in the future.
    Isn't that what they were trying to do with the Pre^2? They can't keep missing product cycles and then trying to play catch up by releasing a product with the latest and greatest specs right before their competitors come out with their next gen devices. I really don't know what the problem is or why they can't see/fix it but if something doesn't change I fear webOS is going to be available on printers and tablets only...
    Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 600 (T-Mo) --> Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 NC (Cing) --> Treo 680 (Cing) --> Pre (Sprint)

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyFripple View Post
    I really like the Pre 3 so there was no warming up needed. I like the portrait slider form factor so that wasn't an issue for me either. It has great specs, it has a good screen size (I think 3.6" is that "just right" size, not too big and not too small) and it has webOS on it.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk5 View Post
    Isn't that what they were trying to do with the Pre^2?
    I'm not so sure...pretty sure Pre 2 was a remainder from the days of Palm.
    I already warmed up and I am hot now for the Pre 3, just give it to already :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by nrcsbrooks2 View Post
    yea I'm sold as well. Even if it doesn't come to sprint. I'm more than willing to leave for Verizon
    I don't know. I've had Sprint ever since I included data on my monthly plan. I was going to go w/ the EVO, but webOS is that good to make me stay on my current Palm Pre.

Here's hoping the Pre3 comes to Sprint!
    Moto v265 --> LG enV VX9900 --> Moto Q9c --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk5 View Post
    Isn't that what they were trying to do with the Pre^2? They can't keep missing product cycles and then trying to play catch up by releasing a product with the latest and greatest specs right before their competitors come out with their next gen devices. I really don't know what the problem is or why they can't see/fix it but if something doesn't change I fear webOS is going to be available on printers and tablets only...
    +1
    I didn't like the idea of a Pre3 when I heard the announcement; but the overall phone grew on me. I would get it if it weren't for the lack of 4g. Sprint is charging the $10 fee for all smartphone activations now. So I have to have 4g if I'm going to pay extra. I'll try and keep my launch-day Pre going until the next cycle.

No new phone for me this year but at least I have the end of contract to look forward too!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast