1.    #1  
    sorry for not posting the youtube link itself... Lol... Couldn't figure it out on Pre

Once again Pre3 looks sleek, solid, and surprisingly thin. Looks fast as well. Can't wait.

http://benjaminwss.posterous.com/hands-on-hp-palm-pre-3-with-webos-21-demo-fro

edit: Here is a review that comments on their impression of the build quality. Sounds like HP has brought a quality build to the Pre3.

http://www.mobileburn.com/chtml/mobile_story.jsp?Id=13139

and finally a more indepth first hands-on

http://www.trustedreviews.com/mobile-phones/review/2011/02/16/HP-Pre-3-Hands-On/p1
    Last edited by utslickvic; 02/21/2011 at 11:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Is it summer yet?
    Thanks, but worst camera-work evar. The first video was only in focus a couple of times through the whole thing.
    Where do people get to demo these things?!?!

Hundreds of threads about demoing! xD

Wish we had confrences or something around here.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    This is in the summary of the Trusted Reviews hands on:

"Frankly, given our brief time with this handset, we were utterly taken with it. The form factor, the operating system, the keyboard, the screen, it all feels great."
    Quote Originally Posted by trustedreviews.com
    ...Something unique to the Pre 3 is what's beating at its heart; a 1.4GHz Qualcomm MSM8x55 processor. This actually excites us a lot more than the 1GHz dual-core phones out there as currently a single faster chip is of more benefit to overall usability than two slower chips, a subject we discuss in more detail in our article The Problem With Multi-core Mobiles...
    EXACTLY the point I've been making in here. Exactly. Slower, dual cores are not answer for smartphones right now.

Quote Originally Posted by trustedreviews.com
    ...Frankly, given our brief time with this handset, we were utterly taken with it. The form factor, the operating system, the keyboard, the screen, it all feels great. We're sure there will be a few cracks that appear - beyond the obvious continued lack of an onscreen keyboard - when we test the phone properly but for now you can colour us impressed...
    I've yet to hear a person be disappointed in the Pre3 once they've played with it. I think there WILL be an on screen keyboard soon. It's already setup for the Touchpad with native scaling capability. It should be EASY to add it to the Pre3.
    Last edited by EvilKell; 02/25/2011 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Extra quote.
    I know, I know it's not a ready for prime time device but is it me or is there lag when swiping up from the gesture area? I noticed this before in other videos.
    I'm glad most reviews so far are good, but I'm still scratching my head on the new screen size. I realize that it is going to be the same aspect ratio as most Android phones out there, but compared to the Pre's current aspect ratio, the screen is only 1/8" wider... I just need to have one in my hot little hands and see it for myself if I like the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    I know, I know it's not a ready for prime time device but is it me or is there lag when swiping up from the gesture area? I noticed this before in other videos.
    There is virtually no lag, if you can even call it that. Review the video, and press play/pause as fast as you possibly can. Look at the amount of time that really passes between the end of the swipe and the start of animation. It's less than 1/4 second. The animation takes as much time as the delay.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I'm glad most reviews so far are good, but I'm still scratching my head on the new screen size. I realize that it is going to be the same aspect ratio as most Android phones out there, but compared to the Pre's current aspect ratio, the screen is only 1/8" wider... I just need to have one in my hot little hands and see it for myself if I like the screen.
    Pre3 = 3.08"x1.85", 800x480, 259ppi, 5.70" squared area.
    Pre1 = 2.58"x1.72", 480x320, 186ppi, 4.44" squared area.

The Pre3's screen is 28.5% larger than the Pre through Pre2 devices and it has 39.5% better pixel density. It's a BIG change.
  11.    #11  
    Here is another video. Toward the end, how the print feature works.

ps: the Veer is unbelievably fast! wow
    He said early Summer. That doesn't sound like August!
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    That guy needs to stop biting his fingernails. It was kinda gross looking at his hands. Aside from that, it looked like the Veer has no LED flash. EPIC FAIL.
    I couldnt finish watching the video b/c of his nails, now thats an EPIC FAIL.
    It's kind of amazing just how fast the veer is. Too bad the Pixi wasn't like that (or the Pre for that matter). If the lower end phone can run that fast, that's good news for webOS in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    He said early Summer. That doesn't sound like August!
    @ 4:10ish he says available early summer, 2 or3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    @ 4:10ish he says available early summer, 2 or3 times
    You sure it wasn't 4:20? JK

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileburn.com in their review
    My first impression of the Pre 3 when I picked it up is that it is solidly constructed. The original Pre looks and felt somewhat cheap and hollow. Not so of the Pre 3, which has a sturdy feel to it that suggests it might be as good for driving a nail into a wall as it is for mobile web surfing.
    I think this is worth quoting. I do believe HP intends on delivering on Hardware!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne