Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ok so the pre 3 is coming out next summer so it could be between late june or early september; assuming it will be released by august, by what date is HP obliged to give us information on which carriers will carry it?
    They are not obligated to give us the information. IMHO they will annouce mid March or mid April. That's just a guess I have no inside,outside information.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    When and how they announce carriers is mostly determined by the carriers. I'm hoping one of them has been working on it all this time so they can surprise us with a big carrier launch. But, I'm not getting my hopes up.
    Nobody is obligated, and we will probably find out throug a leak or FCC filing. The carrier(s) will be the one(s) to announce such things. Hopefully that's soon.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    i was looking at HP Pre3 | Business Smartphone, Business Mobile Phones and underneath features it has mobile hotspot isn't that a Verizon thing i know i have it hacked on my Sprint phone but would that be a clue what carrier its headed to i hope im reading wrong because i want it on sprint

edit if you look on regular pre its not there but its on pre plus and pre 2 it is so thats my thinking anyone else have thoughts?
    it's not coming to sprint anytime soon. They are announcing a few new phones and tablets at CTIA, notice the absence of hp products.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Where do you see a list of what Sprint is announcing in order to notice the absence of hp?
    An Iphone walks into a bar with a Palm Pre on it's shoulder. The bartender looks up and says, "Hey, that's pretty cool, where can I get one of those?" and the Palm Pre says "Hipstertown, they're all over the place"
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonmale04 View Post
    i was looking at HP Pre3 | Business Smartphone, Business Mobile Phones and underneath features it has mobile hotspot isn't that a Verizon thing i know i have it hacked on my Sprint phone but would that be a clue what carrier its headed to i hope im reading wrong because i want it on sprint

edit if you look on regular pre its not there but its on pre plus and pre 2 it is so thats my thinking anyone else have thoughts?
    . The EVO 4G has mobile hotspot. That is not on Verizon. They reason it was not on the original pre was because they didn't put it on there.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I'm really not one of those ever optimists when it comes to HP Palm, but I do think it is possible that those devices are listed because they're new and haven't been announced yet. Since the Pre 3 has technically already had an official announcement, Sprint could still announce that they will be carrying it, but the focus of the leak was on new phones that no one has seen yet. They do have 2.5 hours scheduled after all. And the article doesn't say that this is all that Sprint will announce, just that these are the hot new products they'll be announcing.
    again what most anaylist are saying is the main thing sprint is announcing is carrier partnerships not new handsets, so they could very well announce something from HP.

FYI:

"Aside from that, however, analysts expect handset news at the CTIA show largely to be confined to carrier partnership announcements rather than brand new gadget rollouts."

Sprint may dominate device news amid rehashes - CTIA 2011 Preview - FierceWireless
    I think it's totally up in the air. Wild speculation won't really get us anywhere. Considering we saw a TouchPad with a rear camera, perhaps some hardware decisions just aren't final. Personally, I'm hoping for an AT&T version, although failing that I suppose I'm guaranteed to get the Veer.
    Quote Originally Posted by atl10pnr View Post
    They are not obligated to give us the information. IMHO they will annouce mid March or mid April. That's just a guess I have no inside,outside information.
    Funny that this thread got bumped, guess they missed your "mid march" prediction, still hopes for "mid April" though...