View Poll Results: Breaking contract for the Pre3?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, saying 'goodbye' to Sprint

16 18.18%
  • Yes, saying 'goodbye' to Verizon.

1 1.14%
  • Waiting until next device.

23 26.14%
  • Screw HP, Sprint rules.

14 15.91%
  • Android has asked me out so....

7 7.95%
  • I don't know. I'm depressed about the whole thing.

27 30.68%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    To flee to AT&T to the Pre 3?

I've already calculated my costs of switching plus buying the phone (assuming it's like $100 w/ 2 year contract), and I'm definitely down.

My girlfriend just renewed her contract in November and I'm planning on switching to AT&T in June/July (whenever it comes out) and paying their stupid ETF for both lines. It's definitely a little more expensive, but it's worth the reliability of AT&T's network compared to Sprint's.

Anyone else saying 'goodbye' to Sprint?

P.S.: Unbeknown to me, AT&T just added a unlimited mobile to mobile plan for any carrier just a few weeks ago.. So more fuel to my fire. AT&T Messaging Unlimited Plan - Mobile to Any Mobile Plan - from AT&T
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/20/2011 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Changed crude language
    Ummmm... no one even knows what carriers will have it, yet!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    Come on now.. AT&T gets everything.
    i bet sprint gets the pre3 first !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5.    #5  
    Hey man, I hope so, but if not, I've got a backup plan!
    if not im going to the bigV or att , but wont know until pre3 is confirmed
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    They didn't get the Evo, the Epic, the original Pre or quite a few others I could mention.

Sent from my eVo
  8.    #8  
    Right? Except that now apparently AT&T has "4G" too now.. Even though it's like 3.1G technically.

Just sayin, I'm totally down for givin' Sprint the finger.
    im not about to abandon sprint when they are supposed to get the pre3 first !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    pretty funny thread if sprint is the next carrier to launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    pretty funny thread if sprint is the next carrier to launch.
    Exactly, just guesswork, at the moment.

Sent from my eVo
  12.    #12  
    While this is true, wasn't it announced as a quad-band dual-mode CDMA/GSM phone? If so, this will most likely work on AT&T's network even so..

Official specs are HSPA+ and CDMA
    Last edited by zealster; 02/19/2011 at 09:47 PM.
    sprint really really needs a phone to premier since the last one umm that two panel phone whatever that thing is , since its not received so well lol , anyways sprint has already stated its working very close with HP/Palm and will continue to work closely with them ..... that tells me they are going to choose to sell the pre3 !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Well I'll be moving to AT&T anyway, simply due to the easier swapping of devices (and the fact I'll be able to do more cross platform development that way with just 1 line, as opposed to several)
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i bet sprint gets the pre3 first !!
    +1 on this...no way Sprint doesn't get this first IMO.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I choose off contract... expensive .. yes.. but yet I'm free to change carrier.
    im with at&t so ill be already there if it comes. i usually buy of contract as i use prepaid sim. wish it would come soon as i am considering the atrix. good thing that i dont need a new phone but if the pre 3 comes, i may just go for it.
    I'm seeing a multi carrier launch and hopefully a LTE version!
    I'm seeing a multi carrier launch and hopefully a LTE version!
    All HP products will be LTE, I think HP is waiting on Sprint to switch to LTE or make it official then Sprint will get the Pad and Pre 3 and what ever else HP has in the pipe line. Sprint gave money to Palm back in the day and stood by Palm for longest time, so for that they will get the products first they just have to get on the ball with LTE.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast