Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Was just thinking... Pre 3 can work on Verizon or Sprint, but Verizon is only just now releasing the Pre 2. Why would they release the Pre 3 just a few months after releasing the Pre 2? As a Sprint customer, this makes me hopeful (OK maybe just wishful thinking?) that the Pre 3 will release on Sprint. Perhaps Verizon will get it in the fall, or they'll get something newer.
    I hope Sprint does get the Pre3, but I wouldn't blame them if they are skeptical about releasing a Pre phone again. After the horrible experience they went through with Palm's cheap *** hardware and having to replace so many Pres, I doubt they'll be to willing to risk it again.

The Pre3 does look like a solid, better built hardware. That being said,the release of the original Pre did damage the relationship between Palm and Sprint.

It's all up to Sprint, I doubt HP would refuse them the Pre3 and the TouchPad.
    I think there's a good chance they'll carry it. Sprint does like to offer a variety of phones and it'll be one of the few portrait sliders on the market.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I'm betting that Sprint will be first with the Pre3, and maybe even the Veer. They have time to work on it because no one in their right mind will want that two-screen Kyocera thing that they just announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'm betting that Sprint will be first with the Pre3, and maybe even the Veer. They have time to work on it because no one in their right mind will want that two-screen Kyocera thing that they just announced.
    Ain't that the truth. That thing is god awful.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Who knows. The original pre didn't seem to meet sprint's expectations and they've skipped the pre plus and pre 2 so who knows? They may just think it doesn't draw enough customers. That said sprint aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, as evidenced by how much fanfare they made over that kyocera phone.
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 02/18/2011 at 06:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    Who knows. The original pre didn't seem to meet sprint's expectations and they've skipped the pre plus and pre 2 so who knows? They may just think it doesn't draw enough customers. That said sprint aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, as evidenced by how much fanfare they made over that kyocera phone.
    The Pre's initial sales were good Palm just dropped the ball on build quality and functionality. Hopefully HP will get it right and we can get out of beta already.
    umm sprint is getting the pre3 from what i hear .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    No hope. Lets all go to ATT.

I am joking. We have hope. Whether or not we are hoping for a hopeless dream is yet to be seen.
    SPRINT IS GETTINg THE PRE3 ha!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I did talk to Sprint Last Night they told until they decide which 4G they are going with they are either staying with wimax of moving to LTE waiting till the upper management to make the decision might be until summer but thats when the new phones are coming out have to wait and see. until then they only have android!!! Not my Favorite....

Come on SPRINT
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    The veer doesn't have a cdma radio and can't work on sprint.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint is getting a WP7 phone by june, possibly in march.

Quote Originally Posted by jlonge View Post
    I did talk to Sprint Last Night they told until they decide which 4G they are going with they are either staying with wimax of moving to LTE waiting till the upper management to make the decision might be until summer but thats when the new phones are coming out have to wait and see. until then they only have android!!! Not my Favorite....

Come on SPRINT
    I hope they get the Pre3,I cant wait for it. Does anybody have a time table of when it will be released?
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    I hope they get the Pre3,I cant wait for it. Does anybody have a time table of when it will be released?
    assuming summer being sometime starting june, prob between June-August. hopefully they get it out sooner, heres hoping for a may launch.
    Of course there's hope for the Pre3 on Sprint! I have plenty of hope, right here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Titano View Post
    I hope Sprint does get the Pre3, but I wouldn't blame them if they are skeptical about releasing a Pre phone again. After the horrible experience they went through with Palm's cheap *** hardware and having to replace so many Pres, I doubt they'll be to willing to risk it again.

The Pre3 does look like a solid, better built hardware. That being said,the release of the original Pre did damage the relationship between Palm and Sprint.

It's all up to Sprint, I doubt HP would refuse them the Pre3 and the TouchPad.
    So many people forget that the Pre had the most successful launch of any phone on Sprint's network until the EVO came and took that title. Now it didn't sell to expectation, but that was more due to the lack of quality support for the device and poor marketing.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I was flipping thru the channels last night and saw QVC (the tv selling channel whateva) was selling a HP all in one PC. They had a rep for HP showing it off and she had like 100 pages and videos playing....anyways as she scrolled thru all of them she had a SPRINT page up with the logo real big! cheesy I know but it did happen.
    Sprint will get the Pad & Pre 3 plus more, I just think that Sprint has to jump on the LTE wagon, HP said there devices will be LTE ready but no word of WiMax, so Sprint has to move to LTE and put LTE on top of WiMax. Once that is done HP & Sprint will make official announcement. But Sprint get all HP products " I Hope " if not bye bye Sprint. But hey we all have to do what we have to do. This is my personal opinion.
    I have to get my 3rd Sprint Pre replaced and I told the Sprint rep that I'm going to switch to Verizon once my contract expires because I don't want an Android phone. He said they also carry BB and Windows phones and I said I'm not interested in those phones and I would rather have the new Pre 3 or the Iphone. He said that I should "wait for the announcement" before I switch. He obviously couldn't say more than that but he seemed sure that they were getting the new Palm Pre 3 but it just hasn't been officially announced by either Sprint, HP or any other carrier. I guess I'll wait until summer to make my final decision to switch or not.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast