1.    #1  
    i would like anyone with some feedback about these products coming up to Canada.. carriers lol.. right.. we only have two, and presently the pre 2 is not being marketed by the big bad Red one.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    LOL.. we don't even know which carriers they will be on in the US yet, no less Canada or anywhere else. I sure hope HP uses their scope and releases on carriers all over the world at the same time!
    Yeah i'm sure we'll see it up here
    when? who knows

on who? who knows

chances are if HP will be offering them unlocked i'll buy through them
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    i would like anyone with some feedback about these products coming up to Canada.. carriers lol.. right.. we only have two, and presently the pre 2 is not being marketed by the big bad Red one.
    You have to love how there is zero marketing (signs, or, for that matter, dummy phones) for the Pre2 in any Rogers stores. I finally saw a dummy unit and brochure a week or so ago, but, at a Wireless Wave booth. To put it in perspective, the Nokia N8 had more prominence in that booth than the Pre2.

Sort of reminds me of the AT&T Pre+ marketing approx. 1 year ago.

Seeing as how you need to show it to sell it -- why are they even bothering?
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    You have to love how there is zero marketing (signs, or, for that matter, dummy phones) for the Pre2 in any Rogers stores. I finally saw a dummy unit and brochure a week or so ago, but, at a Wireless Wave booth. To put it in perspective, the Nokia N8 had more prominence in that booth than the Pre2.

I called a Rogers store the other day in Calgary and they said they don't have any. In fact, the guy knew about the phone, but knew nothing else from the phone
    I live in toronto and i have a pixi plus at&t unlocked works fine im sure you will be able to do that with the pre3 if its on at&t. And the touchpad will be coming to canada my friend works for palm and he said it will be coming to canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post

I spoke to my friend who works at Rogers marketing, he say it's not a hot product for them. Even them don't know about it until it's launched and on sale.

With that being said, I still see a dummy at the Eaton store. STC also had a live unit, I played with it. But it was removed.
    I sure hope rogers has it. My rogers store in lethrbidge has dummy Pre 2s and even turned an actual one on (but without a sim so I couldn't play with it except to feel the real keyboard vs the dummy).

I'm also running an unlocked ATT Pixi
    i'm hoping Bell will snag it.
  10.    #10  
    im on Bell, with one hell of a plan, their old student plan, unlimited data, text email and so on, with fab 10 etc etc. . to get the same plan now, would cost me double at the big red one, or hell even with Bell. I am seriously ****ed that 1) they didnt release the pre plus, 2) the pre 2 didnt go to Bell, and now, no sign of anything here in Canada regarding any of the new products. I guess by default we are BB converts. lol. Comon HP, at least give us a sniff at where it is gonna go. Both would be nice. Frankly I think you would sell one hell of a lot more of them if you went to both.
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    i 2) the pre 2 didnt go to Bell, and now, no sign of anything here in Canada regarding any of the new products. I guess by default we are BB converts. lol. Comon HP, at least give us a sniff at where it is gonna go. Both would be nice. Frankly I think you would sell one hell of a lot more of them if you went to both.
    Well, actually, it will come to Canada.

The new products are on Palms Canadian page, whereas they aren't in region Latin America, Hong Kong, Middle East.. etc.

Palm wouldn't post it on their website if they had no plans of it coming to Canada.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Either Bell or Rogers will likely grab it.
    Honestly though, I'm surprised Bell (or even Sprint) don't have severely soured relations with Palm.
  13. AMH
    I'm also on Bell with one of their great old unlimited plans, so I'm loathe to jump ship to Rogers. I called Bell the other day and the tech on the phone seemed to think that they would be carrying the Pre 3. He told me that they didn't carry the Pre 2 because its a GSM phone. Anyone else get any news like that?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by AMH View Post
    I'm also on Bell with one of their great old unlimited plans, so I'm loathe to jump ship to Rogers. I called Bell the other day and the tech on the phone seemed to think that they would be carrying the Pre 3. He told me that they didn't carry the Pre 2 because its a GSM phone. Anyone else get any news like that?
    Which is weird, they told me at my local Bell store here in Cobourg, that it would be zero problem putting the pre 2 on their network,, sooo whooo knows...
    if they dont carry it, i will go direct an buy it from hp. the big red one is too damn expensive. buying it from rogers, tie in a no contract month by month thing for 3 months, (mandatory) then pay them 75 bucks to unlock it partially, dig around find the fix to unlock it completely, all the while I am paying Bell for my plan.. nope sorry not happening..
    Quote Originally Posted by richc3 View Post
    Either Bell or Rogers will likely grab it.
    Honestly though, I'm surprised Bell (or even Sprint) don't have severely soured relations with Palm.
    I don't think Bell really cares. They had absolute exclusivity until only recently when Pre 2 went to Rogers, and it gave them something for their shelves to hold them down until they got the iPhone. Yes, they got lots of returns and made them stockpile Pres which they now have to get rid of, but it was still a great device for conquest sales right now. They can just put the Pre as a loss leader, and it got them new clients because the plan attached was attractive.

If anything they were amongst the first ones to get 1.4.5 out the door.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here