Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. Andreas's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
       #1  
    Ive seen some specification stating the Veer got a Adreno 205 GPU but what about the Pre3?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
  2. Fransb's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    #2  
    Also a Adreno 205 i thought
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Ive seen some specification stating the Veer got a Adreno 205 GPU but what about the Pre3?
    The Veer has the 200 and the Pre 3 has the 205.
  4. dex4's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #4  
    Veer will have a 205 and the Pre3 chip looks also to be the same 205.
    Last edited by dex4; 02/18/2011 at 09:23 AM. Reason: found the document relating to the gpu
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    The Veer has the 200 and the Pre 3 has the 205.
    No. Veer has 205. The chip the Pre3 uses has a 205 as well.
    Arthur Thornton

    Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  6. #6  
    no i thought it was 220???
  7. #7  
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    No. Veer has 205. The chip the Pre3 uses has a 205 as well.
    Yep, I stand corrected. I had previously read an article that said the Veer had the 200 and the Pre 3 had the 205.
  9. #9  
    That makes me feel better. IDK why they made the Pre & Pixi so far apart in specs? Everyone was mad about android fragmentation yet neglected the fact that the Pre/Pixi platforms req. Different considerations... Now we find out that Pre/Pixi won't get 2.0... Oh well, at least they are so old that everyone is ready for an upgrade.
  10. #10  
    Here the benchmark between Adreno 205 vs PowerVR SGX540
    3DMarkMobile GPU showdown: Adreno 205 vs PowerVR SGX540 – Android and Me

    Xperia Play using same GPU with Pre 3 & Veer.. so seems gaming experience on both HP new phone should be great
  11. #11  
    But the veer could actually have a better fps due to the fact it only has to run the display at half the revs. Unless clockspeed of the gpu also scales with the cpu?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by worldsphere View Post
    But the veer could actually have a better fps due to the fact it only has to run the display at half the revs. Unless clockspeed of the gpu also scales with the cpu?
    The CPU surely help the fps performance of the GPU .. so I think Pre 3 or Veer will have same performance.
  13. dex4's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #13  
    The Pre3 and Qualcomm haven't fully released what processor it is going to use, just that it's coming from the MSM8x55 family which uses the 205.
  14. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #14  
    Yes but will the GUI be using the GPU? Or will it be awful redraw, forcing the CPU to do all the work for transitions, and use the GPU only for games?

    You know, like the Pre and Pre 2 did? Certainly hope not. (One of the main reasons the iphone is so 'smooth' is that it uses the gpu effectively).
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

    This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dex4 View Post
    The Pre3 and Qualcomm haven't fully released what processor it is going to use, just that it's coming from the MSM8x55 family which uses the 205.
    PDAdb is generally pretty accurate on these prerelease info. They're operated by the same guys who run xda-dev.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  16. #16  
    its still not correct the pre3 has a 1.4GHz processor while that msm8255 is a 1GHz processor so you tell me ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    its still not correct the pre3 has a 1.4GHz processor while that msm8255 is a 1GHz processor so you tell me ??
    The processor in the Pre2 runs at 1GHz, yet the only highly publicized version of it runs at 720MHz. The Pre2 runs at 1GHz because the chips used for it were able to withstand the 1GHz tests that TI ran on them, whereas the lower end chips could not (though they are both TI OMAP 3630s, the Pre2 has a 3630-1000)

    The same can be said about the processor in the Pre3. While it publicly only runs at 1GHz, there are versions of it that can run at 1.4GHz, and they are sold with 1.4GHz as the clock speed.
    Arthur Thornton

    Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  18. dex4's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    The processor in the Pre2 runs at 1GHz, yet the only highly publicized version of it runs at 720MHz. The Pre2 runs at 1GHz because the chips used for it were able to withstand the 1GHz tests that TI ran on them, whereas the lower end chips could not (though they are both TI OMAP 3630s, the Pre2 has a 3630-1000)

    The same can be said about the processor in the Pre3. While it publicly only runs at 1GHz, there are versions of it that can run at 1.4GHz, and they are sold with 1.4GHz as the clock speed.
    You lost me. How is the TI OMAP chip similar to the Qualcomm MSM?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by dex4 View Post
    You lost me. How is the TI OMAP chip similar to the Qualcomm MSM?
    They're both ARMv7 SoCs. Much like how Intel Core and AMD Athlon are both x86.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  20. dex4's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #20  
    Got it.

    Also found Qualcomm's site listing that the MSM8655 or MSM8255 clock up to 1.4ghz not to sure which one or if both can. Here is a screen shot. I guess this answers my confusion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions