Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    if a new palm phone were to arise on sprint what would it be? Or how would it be?
    Sprint has no peeps of new phones currently. They will come and we will see.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    I'm guessing AT&T, except for the iPhone they seem to have no business strategy anyways.
    On another note, why hasn't anyone said anything about T-Mobile? Just because they haven't carried Palm phones before doesn't mean they won't now. And I'd love to see a GSM webOS phone from a carrier whose main source of revenue is something other than ripping off its customers.
    If we break this down by capabilities (as some have mentioned in passing):

Pre3

Possible for VZW or Sprint (EV-DO RevA version), or AT&T (HSDPA). Doesn't appear to support T-Mo's 1700MHz network, so no-go there.

Other evidence: someone mentioned the product site for the Pre3 had HTML suggesting AT&T and Verizon branding was ready to be included on the site. No mention of Sprint.

I think: AT&T will definitely carry it, because they want to diversify their handset portfolio as much as possible in the wake of iPhone exclusivity ending. VZW will probably carry it, since they agreed to carry the Pre2. Sprint's a wildcard.

Veer

Only announced for HSDPA 850/1900, so AT&T is the only conceivable US partner with the specs we know about.

I think: We'll see a CDMA version of the Veer later, as one of the "new smartphone every two months in 2011" pseudo-promise from HP. The Veer is meant to be a volume seller and webOS mindshare builder.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjaakb View Post
    "once bitten, twice shy"..... could very well be sprint's motto.
    That or, "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"...
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Sprint needs a new flagship device. EVO is coming on one year.
    The Evo far outsold the Pre (I would guess by at least an order of magnitude). They would not bet their next "flagship" on an as yet unavailable HP webOS phone given their history. Their next flagship will most likely be a dual core Evo, and most likely announced at CTIA. It was amazing that HTC did not announce a dual core phone at MWC, most seem to think its because it is coming to Sprint and will be announced at CTIA.

I'm not saying that Sprint won't get the Pre3 (or some other webOS phone), just that it will not be their next flagship phone.
    Can Hp try the way of Google when they tried selling there phones on there site? Since there is no word from any carriers. I dont remember when HTC announced EVO, lets see what happens at CTIA, hopefully then Sprint will announce all there new upcoming phones including Pre 3. If no word comes out at CTIA then forget it Sprint is sitting on the sidelines this year, and what ever customers they gained they will loose them, we the people not only want cheaper service prices we also want the latest phones and pad.
    I think it is to sprint's advantage to retain as many customers as possible. This means they must carry a webOS device, continue with whatever rim has coming, offer win7 phones, and continue with their android portfolio. If they focus only on android, I don't think they can succeed. Certain android devices stand out, mainly because of the hardware, but a diverse portfolio is always more appealing to new customers and for those who have tried android and want a change.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    This means they must carry a webOS device...
    Just my opinion, but I completely disagree. webOS is a very risky maneuver for any carrier which I assume is why there have been none announced.

Certainly taking risks can come with great rewards if it pays off, but it can also come with great losses like Sprint had with the original Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Just my opinion, but I completely disagree. webOS is a very risky maneuver for any carrier which I assume is why there have been none announced.

Certainly taking risks can come with great rewards if it pays off, but it can also come with great losses like Sprint had with the original Pre.
    I concur.

Sfm Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post

you should follow up on recent quotes first from sprint ! as stated they have always worked closely with palm and will continue that trend with HPwebOS .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    lol, WebOS risky? Yeah, Verizon, I'm sure are in Red Alert trying to figure on what to do if if WebOS fails.

ET
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I find it confusing hearing that Palm and Sprint have the best relationship when anything after the original pre and pixi wasnt released for Sprint. Pre plus, pixi plus, now pre 2!? I'm hopeful that Pre 3 will arrive on Sprint as well as the Touchpad, but really, what's the hold up. I mean if Hp doesn't step it up quick with a proper release date and some sort of carrier announcement the hype and excitement is going to die down as any newer faster IOS, Android, hell even Blackberry device hits town with a clearer window of release and info to excite the masses. Ya' know, global appeal is important, people have ADD now a'days.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I also though Sprint had rapport with Palm due to a history with them. I know a lot of webOS users are harbored on Sprint, so I am really hoping some new device will show up - and soon. No horizontal slider, please!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    I also though Sprint had rapport with Palm due to a history with them. I know a lot of webOS users are harbored on Sprint, so I am really hoping some new device will show up - and soon. No horizontal slider, please!
    I'm with ya man. I'm with Sprint and I don't have the finance to switch to more costly carriers for a phone. I really hope it comes to Sprint.
    "Don't think, feel." - Bruce Lee
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12