View Poll Results: How Many Would Follow Pre 3 To Another Carrier?

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll
  • Follow Pre 3 To Any Carrier

69 30.13%
  • Will Not Follow Pre 3 To Any Carrier

83 36.24%
  • Undecided.

77 33.62%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was wondering how many of us here would actually leave Sprint and follow Pre 3 to another carrier.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    NOPE
    Verzion - customer service sucks (reason I left)
    AT&T - gets no signal where I live
    T-Mobile - LOL
    If "Probably switch to frickin' Android and cry myself to sleep every night" was an option I would have chosen that.
    I choose carrier first then phone. With a family of 4, I need to spend my wireless money wisely. Sprint has the best deal going and they have excellent coverage in my area. Although my family is bugging me for the iPhone!
    With 9 lines and a 20% discount, no matter how much I wanted a new webOS phone, I'm anchored to Sprint. I get an extremely cheap rate per line, and Sprint customer service has been excellent. But no worries. Sprint will be carrying the Pre 3. Trust me.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    If "Probably switch to frickin' Android and cry myself to sleep every night" was an option I would have chosen that.
    But would you know if you were sleeping or awake?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Undecided. My two years is up in June. At that point I would weigh...
    1.) Cost on AT&T/Verizon/whomever has a new webOS phone
    2.) Learning to love an Android on Sprint
    3.) Going to a dumbphone and using the monthly savings to get a Touchpad with a cellular radio
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, not an option for me. I'm a teacher, not a rock star or NFL player, so I can't even think of going to Verizon or ATT. I'd just have to deal with Android.
    It depends with sprints decision to go lte also because that seems to be the future for data wireless.
    For the most part I've been a loyal pre user, refused to go android and iphone, etc. Despite one replacement and aging hardware, I love what webos has done. The best out there thanks to synergy, log into any accounts and everything is synced, fluid app interaction and more to come. I aint a cheap ******* so if sprint is not getting webos from now on, I'll leave.
    As you can see it's not the carrier I care about, if that was the case I would be on a sprint thread instead of precentral. The OS is just that AWESOME!. I repeat, this is my second pre and it is no where near the leading & cutting edge hardware as some of the phones out there, but I refuse to budge. There are also others that have been on their 3rd, 4th, etc. and their still here. There are others that have also gone astray but still roam the forums to see what's up, They'll be back. I'm on board and ready for the wild ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    With 9 lines and a 20% discount, no matter how much I wanted a new webOS phone, I'm anchored to Sprint. I get an extremely cheap rate per line, and Sprint customer service has been excellent. But no worries. Sprint will be carrying the Pre 3. Trust me.
    Friends and Family discount?
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I'm getting a Pre- replacement off eBay, so that shouldhold me for a while if Pre 3 doesn't show up right away. Sticking with family plan on Sprint. If it DOES show up, then my wife or daughter will get the Pre- if they want it.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    I am loyal to the carrier, not the phones. As much as I love webOS, if there were no new webOS phones, I would just stay on Sprint and consider getting another device.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  13.    #13  
    This is my 2 cents, if Pre 3 does not come to Sprint I will most likely split, cause as I following the MWC not one company not even HTC said anything about any phones coming to Sprint, I think Sprint is high on the crap dual screen and will try to ride out the HTC EVO for the next year until they figure out if they will make the jump to LTE. It is a shame that Sprint is not getting in to bed with anyone, I owed EVO and grew very tired of it, plus new OS very few days, now there is talk about new Android OS (IceCream) come on this is insane. I am just kind of tired of Sprint very snail pace about getting great phone on there network. I might be one of few on lucky ones that if I go to another carrier I will still get my corp discount. Dont get me wrong I really enjoy Sprint but kind of getting tired of there BS. I am with Sprint for like 14 years. I honestly dont see why Sprint cant get in bed with any phone company.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    Friends and Family discount?
    No. My job gets me a 20% discount from Sprint. Not as high as it could be at around 25% from some employers, but I'm not complaining. Having 9 lines averaging out after taxes at below $30 each makes it impossible to go anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    But would you know if you were sleeping or awake?

When I'm asleep the Pre 3 IS on Sprint. Heh.
    I'm not sure. The company I work for does work for both verizon and sprint, so I think I get a discount with both. My contract on both phones on my account will both end in June, but I also reach my 10 years with sprint come June. I will wait and see what the word is then, plus whatever hp has in mind to "make it right" regarding the 2.0 upgrade, and then decide. The replacement pre I have now is perfect, except for an issue where the volume keeps going up on it's own, and I think that might be caused by one of my patches.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    As long as sprint remains cheapest option for me and has reasonably good service wherever I live I will stick with them, it doesnt hurt that I still get the 20% discount from when I used to work at walmart lol

Also, I think you should have included a jump off a bridge option just to see how many people would have voted for it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    NOPE
    Verzion - customer service sucks (reason I left)
    AT&T - gets no signal where I live
    T-Mobile - LOL
    But T-Mobile has a hot Canadian spokesperson.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    This is my 2 cents, if Pre 3 does not come to Sprint I will most likely split, cause as I following the MWC not one company not even HTC said anything about any phones coming to Sprint, I think Sprint is high on the crap dual screen and will try to ride out the HTC EVO for the next year until they figure out if they will make the jump to LTE. It is a shame that Sprint is not getting in to bed with anyone, I owed EVO and grew very tired of it, plus new OS very few days, now there is talk about new Android OS (IceCream) come on this is insane. I am just kind of tired of Sprint very snail pace about getting great phone on there network. I might be one of few on lucky ones that if I go to another carrier I will still get my corp discount. Dont get me wrong I really enjoy Sprint but kind of getting tired of there BS. I am with Sprint for like 14 years. I honestly dont see why Sprint cant get in bed with any phone company.
    I think Sprint will announce their future phones at CTIA next month.
    Need to add a choice "Thanks for making me choose between great phone and cheap carrier!" 2 months ago I would've said screw you Sprint and leave but funds are tight now with taxes and insurance surging out of control.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast