View Poll Results: How Many Would Follow Pre 3 To Another Carrier?

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll
  • Follow Pre 3 To Any Carrier

69 30.13%
  • Will Not Follow Pre 3 To Any Carrier

83 36.24%
  • Undecided.

77 33.62%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Totally up for switching to AT&T. Worth the extra money for reliable data and reliable service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    If "Probably switch to frickin' Android and cry myself to sleep every night" was an option I would have chosen that.
    I'm off contract w/Sprint & go through moments of frustration when I have to spend time doctoring & rebuilding my Pre -. But after shopping & comparing, even w/the periodic headaches w/the Pre, nothing else is strong enough to lure me away. I prefer this form factor (minus the wobble which seems to be fixed in other generations), gestures, notifications, & of course all the options Homebrew folks have given us.

Ask me again after my next randomly required doctoring & I'll probably have a different answer. :-(

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I have a lot of reasons to stay with Sprint... big discount through work, lots of lines for my family, great service and coverage in my area. However, if they don't pick up a WebOS device by the end of this year, will have to give serious consideration to switching as I'm completely underwelmed by Android, HATE Blackberry and will never be locked into an Apple device (there's a reason they call rooting an iPhone "jailbreaking"). That said, I HATE AT&T (too expensive and service, coverage both pathetic) which is the service provider for my work Blackberry (again, which I HATE). Suppose only choice may be to someday go to Verizon but will have to ask for a raise when I do. We get discount at work for it, too, but only for one line, not all six.

I like Tbar169's confidence. Hope you're right.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Pre3, Y U NO COME TO SPRINT?

Sorry, I couldn't resist, what with the wording of the title
    "If Pre 3 NO Come TO SPRINT?"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    Pre3, Y U NO COME TO SPRINT?

Sorry, I couldn't resist, what with the wording of the title
    "If Pre 3 NO Come TO SPRINT?"
    I was JUST about to say, I ROFL'D at the title.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I propose an entire thread.

'Pre3, y u no available spring?'
    'Touchpad, y u no have gesture area?'
    'Veer, y u no have headphone jack?'
    'HP, y u no ship?'

etc etc
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    actually i'd kinda rather you did. complain to hp etc, not to the rest of us.
    I did complain to HP / Sprint, but the more people complain to them the better we are all of here. Lets make our voice heard.

Same thing happened when I had the HTC EVO, EVO was locked in fps, and HTC didnt want to unlock it, so threw lots of calling to HTC / Sprint and emailing they finally unlock the fps. So with lots of complaining companies do listen.
    According to Phonescoop the radio on the Pre3 is cdma 850/1900
    HP Pre 3 (CDMA) Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)
  9.    #49  
    what does that mean exactly? Is that Sprint frequency?
    Well, I too was upset with the February 9th announcement. But I have since remembered what I love about my original Pre on Sprint. I had a DR appt this morning so I turned on my Sprint Nav for traffic info. I also turned on my Red light camera information, listened to my 40GB music data base in the cloud, Read an email from a client and responded via telephone on bluetooth over my stereo. All this at simultaneously. I saw a commercial for Iphone (Att) bragging that they could place a call while viewing an email.

So all of that to say, I love WebOs and that is why I have a Palm Pre. I would love a new Pre 3 for the flash and voicedial, but not crying or leaving Sprint if it does not happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    what does that mean exactly? Is that Sprint frequency?
    I thought sprint and verizon have identical cdma frequencies...
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chertik0ff View Post
    I thought sprint and verizon have identical cdma frequencies...
    EDIT: Looking it up, it appears yes they both have the same dual band frequencies. So not sure what this tells us if anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    If "Probably switch to frickin' Android and cry myself to sleep every night" was an option I would have chosen that.

Everybody that says that Anroid is the only option on Sprint... What about WP7? It sounds like it may come to Sprint in March? This is coming from someone that HAD a Samsung Moment from launch day(11/2009). Android=Clunky
    Last edited by GODSPEED44; 02/18/2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: addition
    Quote Originally Posted by sclifton57@yahoo.com View Post
    Well, I too was upset with the February 9th announcement. But I have since remembered what I love about my original Pre on Sprint. I had a DR appt this morning so I turned on my Sprint Nav for traffic info. I also turned on my Red light camera information, listened to my 40GB music data base in the cloud, Read an email from a client and responded via telephone on bluetooth over my stereo. All this at simultaneously. I saw a commercial for Iphone (Att) bragging that they could place a call while viewing an email.

So all of that to say, I love WebOs and that is why I have a Palm Pre. I would love a new Pre 3 for the flash and voicedial, but not crying or leaving Sprint if it does not happen.
    What app/program do you use for music cloud storage?
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    EDIT: Looking it up, it appears yes they both have the same dual band frequencies. So not sure what this tells us if anything.
    So if they both have same frequency why are we not able to get Pre 2 and run it on Sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    So if they both have same frequency why are we not able to get Pre 2 and run it on Sprint?
    ESN's?
  17.    #57  
    I think they should change that, and make those ESN's like GSM sim cards, this way if I want I buy Pre 2 and run it on Sprint or vise versa. Everyone one wins here.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    You need to explore a little. I use to think webos was grea but since I switched I now see how much I was missing and don't miss webos one bit.
    As I mentioned, I have shopped. Nothing I've seen on any carrier (including Sprint) offers me anything else I'm interested in for the price, hardware & plans.

There's so much changing right now I'd rather ride out a few more months (!) w/my paid for phone & relatively cheap off contract plan than switch to anything else. If HP doesn't come through, I'll see where everything is at the end of the yr or next yr.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Have it too nice on Sprint.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I'd hate to leave Sprint, I've been with 'em for 10 years and have a pretty good deal going with them on my plan (25% discount on a family plan with 2 lines). I'll have to wait and see what's available this summer. I think I'd rather try out a WinMo7 phone before Android. And who knows-- Apple could go all out and release the iPhone 5 for every carrier this summer, which in my mind is one of the best ways for them to remain competitive with an increasingly Android saturated U.S. market.

WebOS is my first preference. It is absolutely a better interface for mobile than iOS, in my opinion. But Apple would be my second choice before Android or Win7.

Just sucks to have to wait and see, hopefully my June 2009 Pre can hang in there. (One of the first few people to get one at that store on launch day and I haven't had to have it replaced, still works great, can't believe how many people have had to replace their Pres.)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123