View Poll Results: How Many Would Follow Pre 3 To Another Carrier?

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll
  • Follow Pre 3 To Any Carrier

69 30.13%
  • Will Not Follow Pre 3 To Any Carrier

83 36.24%
  • Undecided.

77 33.62%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Sprint is not as cheap as it was before. Now with the extra $10 per smart phone. Also when was HTC EVO showcased last year anyone remember?
    I've been with Sprint for over 13 years. If they don't get any new webOS phones, I guess I'll be forced to go with Android. I have no plans to leave Sprint at this point.
    I've been with sprint 10 years in august and will leave for another carrier if they don't get the pre3 . But I'm notgonna leave because they are getting the pre3 and I'm prtty sure about that . But if per chance something screws up . I'm out !!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I might go to Verizon but there is no way I am going to ATT again.
    Pre3 won't be attractive enough to me unless it guaranteed to work with desktop skype over 3G/4G.

On the other hand, sprint plan is not exactly cheap for me. for what I use it for.

I'm undecided, will monitor the situation.
    i'll try any carrier for 30 days lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    If Pre 3 NO come to SPRINT...

I NO get

Or

I <supported carrier> switch TO.

sprint will lose a significant amount of users if they dont get it lol but they will have the pre3 so im not worried lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    If Pre 3 NO come to SPRINT...

I NO get

Or

I <supported carrier> switch TO.

is that Yoda speak? ...or Frankenstein speak? ;-)
    What really sucks is Sprint's phone selection. If they don't get the Pre3, I pray that they have some great new phone that I can get in it's place. I really want the Pre3, but I have 3 lines and I'm not paying $700+ in ETFs plus the price of three new phones. I guess I'll have to get the best phone Sprint has at the time. The Evo is cool, but by summertime, it will be a little old and I'm sure HTC will have like 10 newer phones out. Not to mention, my Pre is slowly falling apart and I don't think there are any new Pre's out there to purchase, only refurbished ones. In all honesty, the Pre3 should have come out in like December 2010, not summer 2011. HP/ Palm are really playing catch-up to all the other phones out there. Plus if it came out in December, I'd have one by now (if it were on Sprint).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    sprint will lose a significant amount of users if they dont get it lol but they will have the pre3 so im not worried lol
    Your ongoing posts about this seem very positive. I always look for your username.
    Serious question... Are you "for sure" about this, or just the eternal optimist?
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I would guess that Sprint will get the Pre3. If they don't I will use my Pre till it dies. Then I would likely switch to Android or perhaps WP7 on Sprint. I have 13 lines on two business plans. I have one business account with AT&T because we have one employee that has to go to deep south Texas and Sprint has no reception there. So AT&T is an option but as much as I love webOS I probably won't switch due to the cost.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    If "Probably switch to frickin' Android and cry myself to sleep every night" was an option I would have chosen that.
    I already did that.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Switch to an android seeing as sprint still has great deals. Hopefully if I wait a day will come that webOS can thrive on sprint again.
  15.    #35  
    What i see here i lot of you guys will stay with Sprint and that is good news but the bad part i see here is that HP will loose lot of webOS people to Android, and I dont think HP wants to do this. We need to launch mass email campaign to HP and to Sprint. Let our voices be heard, if they can change in Egypt we can change things here in the webOS community. Dont stop emailing HP / Sprint and dont stop complaining in all forums, let our voices be heard.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I wish Sprint and HP read these threads.

Here's my answer:

HP: F you and your vaporware. You didn't mention dates, you didn't mention carriers, and I'm not waiting for the Pre3 regardless of how great you say it is - I'm still waiting for Flash on my Pre1.

Sprint: I'm not waiting until god knows when for a new phone. Take your decade of service from me, my 5 lines, the early termination fees, and shove them up your backside. There's a reason you're still loosing customers, because price doesn't always trump everything else. I don't care if another carrier costs me more, at least I'll have a phone that I can get replaced if it dies.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    So after talking to a manager at Sprint Customer service he mentioned that he can not officially put it out there however Sprint has signed a deal with HP to pick up the Pre 3 and the HP tablet when it is released. not sure if that makes any of you feel better or not as i will believe it when I see it. i still have the original Pre as well I am loyal to Sprint but a bit frustrated to see Verizon with yet another new Pre while Sprint sits back with nothing...
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    After looking really hard at the Optimus S [ANDROID] this week, I'm sticking with my Pre- for the duration. It's not a step up in my opinion, and I LIKE my Pre (#3). With my warranty out, I'll buy one off Ebay to hold me over until my contract is up in November. Hopefully, the Pre 3 will be on Sprint by then. Besides, I don't really want to get locked into another 2 year contract!

If no more webOS phones come to Sprint this year, I'll probably bail out. I waited a LONG time for the Pre, and - outside of the OS - it was outdated when it hit the streets.

Come on, Pre 3!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    dont stop complaining in all forums
    actually i'd kinda rather you did. complain to hp etc, not to the rest of us.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I have been contemplating this since the Pre3 announcment. The answer is yes. I will leave Sprint if the Pre3 lauch on another carrier.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast