Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My apologies if this has been answered already, but the most recent post I can find was from August 2010. Did anyone that was at the HP show get a chance to test the P3, Veer, and Pad boot times? If so, how do they compare to older hardware?
    No one here will be able to answer this because HP didnt let anyone "play" with the devices. We wont know until people can actually get their hands on them.
    the ever boot time was 2 minutes exactly. I know I play with the phones at dev event on the 9th. The pre 3 was just over a minute. Touch pad no clue they weren't letting nobody handle it
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I rebooted a Veer and it came in at 1m 40sec. This is with unoptmized code!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    I rebooted a Veer and it came in at 1m 40sec. This is with unoptmized code!
    ZOIKS! That's not impressive.
    we tested the Veer too and it came in just under 1:40. The OS was actually NOT optimized at the event for the devices.
    ...eh...as long as it works, I always say.
    *points to 3 minute booting eMac in the corner*
    I agree.
    boot times never really bothered me. unless of course the phone was always needed a constant rebooting. never had a problem with my pre plus
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    Touch pad no clue they weren't letting nobody handle it

Cnet or Engadget was demoing the touchpad in a video and the rep told him it was instant on similar to the Ipad.

Sfm Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Cnet or Engadget was demoing the touchpad in a video and the rep told him it was instant on similar to the Ipad.
    'Instant on' is entirely different from rebooting it. They're referring to when the device is in standby (aka the screen off) it turns on immediately.

The rebooting process takes a lot longer.
    The iPad isn't instant-on from zero battery, or from certain other actions that cause it to reboot. It doesn't take long, but it's not instant.
    If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    we tested the Veer too and it came in just under 1:40. The OS was actually NOT optimized at the event for the devices.
    Really? I thought the Veer was optimized, and the other 2 weren't.

The Veer was Really fast on video, so it's even going to get faster than that? !
    The only time the Pre's boot time really bothered me is when traveling by plane and having to shut it off for take off and landing. I always feel like the last person being able to make a phone call after landing. I hope the boot time is much better on the Veer and Pre3.
    Thats what airplane mode is for.
    Quote Originally Posted by millworkman View Post
    Thats what airplane mode is for.
    Some people still listen to the bluster and turn their phones off! LOL

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Ok, I guess I was wrong. lol
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Can't even remember the last time I did a reboot, probably a month ago.

Btw I noticed the flight attendant said to switch devices completely off ie aeroplane mode was not allowed.

Complete shutdown seems a bit over the top when device was off with no wifi, gps, bluetooth or phone running.
    i think its about 2 things: lasers like inside a cdrom drive and the radio. they can tell me whatever they want, if the radio is off and there is no cd builtin the device is just a black thing with a nice and colorful screen. probably they state switching things off completely because devices tend to be less transparent to the avaerage user and a lot people dont really now what the thing does.

i think the first ios didnt let you disable data at all.

there was this movie "knight and day" and they sat on that island where they hide from the bad boys and then cameron diaz made a phone call with her iphone which was switched on all the time and then they were found caught because of the phone call. i was just shaking my had but some people see this and believe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnark View Post
    i think its about 2 things: lasers like inside a cdrom drive and the radio. they can tell me whatever they want, if the radio is off and there is no cd builtin the device is just a black thing with a nice and colorful screen. probably they state switching things off completely because devices tend to be less transparent to the avaerage user and a lot people dont really now what the thing does.

i think the first ios didnt let you disable data at all.

there was this movie "knight and day" and they sat on that island where they hide from the bad boys and then cameron diaz made a phone call with her iphone which was switched on all the time and then they were found caught because of the phone call. i was just shaking my had but some people see this and believe it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast