Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sprint evaluating switch to LTE over the next four to six months -- Engadget

If true, it could explain why the Pre 3 doesn't have a wimax radio, or at least wasn't announced with one. Because we all know that it IS coming to Sprint. Right? Right?!?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    We do not know if it's coming to Sprint, no carriers were announced. Hopefully it does but if it doesn't then i'm riding with the TouchPad and the Pre- until it blows up.
    could explain why that ECHO device is only 3G too huh.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by IamMedina View Post
    We do not know if it's coming to Sprint, no carriers were announced. Hopefully it does but if it doesn't then i'm riding with the TouchPad and the Pre- until it blows up.
    IamMedina. It's coming to sprint. Right? Riiiiiiighttt????
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    could explain why that ECHO device is only 3G too huh.
    Could be. You'd thing with a big press conference to announce that fugly POS it would at least have their most advanced radio available.

The reason is that Sprint is deciding which way they want to go, either WiMax or LTE, this will take them 4-6 months, Sprint said if they with LTE all they have to do is swap out the board and update the wimax phones and all be good. Read here if you are interested in more.

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Good thing they might switch to LTE, Wiimax doesn't even come close to HSPA+ in real world tests.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post

If true, it could explain why the Pre 3 doesn't have a wimax radio, or at least wasn't announced with one. Because we all know that it IS coming to Sprint. Right? Right?!?
    Would that make the Evo obsolete?

A little ironic, huh?
    If they move to LTE, I wonder if they'll start using some of that 800MHz bandwidth currently being wasted by the iDen network for it.

Might be helpful in order to compete with Verizon's 700MHz LTE network.

(Since the lower frequencies penetrate buildings better).
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Would that make the Evo obsolete?

A little ironic, huh?
    as far as 4g goes yes ! lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    The reason is that Sprint is deciding which way they want to go, either WiMax or LTE, this will take them 4-6 months, Sprint said if they with LTE all they have to do is swap out the board and update the wimax phones and all be good. Read here if you are interested in more.

[url= evaluating switch to LTE over the next four to six months -- Engadget[/url]
    wouldn't switching to wimax be a clear choice since sprint doesn't techincally have a wimax network (clear is it's own separate company, but with heavy ties to sprint). Swapping out the wimax boards on the tower is simple, but wimax phones would obsolute the second the boards are swapped. The network would still operate on the same frequency, they are 2 different techs. C

as someone stated; the echo doesn't have 4G and I haven't seen/heard of anymore wimax phones in the pipe line. But that doesn't mean there aren't any, but with CES and MW over I see little wimax news actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    Good thing they might switch to LTE, Wiimax doesn't even come close to HSPA+ in real world tests.
    It depends on where you are and a lot of other factors. Sometimes WiMAX is faster. Sometimes it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    If they move to LTE, I wonder if they'll start using some of that 800MHz bandwidth currently being wasted by the iDen network for it.

Might be helpful in order to compete with Verizon's 700MHz LTE network.

(Since the lower frequencies penetrate buildings better).
    That would be wise.

I still think what Dan Hesse said -- using LTE and WiMAX -- and having WiMAX mainly for tablets and LTE for phones. Makes sense since tablets are for data.
    I recently read that Clearwire is shifting sales probably due to sluggish sales Clearwire to shift focus to wholesale from retail | Reuters

As far as the comments about the EVO and other 4G phones, when the WiMax vs LTE debate started I recall Sprint saying that they could upgrade the phone firmware with an OTA update if they decided to change technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdini View Post
    I recently read that Clearwire is shifting sales probably due to sluggish sales Clearwire to shift focus to wholesale from retail | Reuters

As far as the comments about the EVO and other 4G phones, when the WiMax vs LTE debate started I recall Sprint saying that they could upgrade the phone firmware with an OTA update if they decided to change technologies.
    thats what my understanding is as well, that the upgrade to LTE would not effect the 4G ability on the EVO, or Epic at all,or any phones that will be under wimax if launched before a descion is made.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    I have been getting 6 to 10Mbps on my EVO Shift. N like someone mentioned it would be a simple firmware upgrade phonewise to switch to LTE
    my question is why is the Veer ready to go this spring and the Pre 3 isnt?
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    as far as 4g goes yes ! lol
    Yea but I doubt they would just drop Wimax completely, probably run the 2 for a while at the same time, atleast until there is very minimal damage (consumer wise) and then just run LTE steam!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    There were rumors last year that HP was planning on releasing one phone/device every 2-3 months. Each product has a separate life cycle.
    probably b/c the 800mhz Veer outperformed the Pre3 and its 1.4ghz processor. I think they have not optimized the new faster processory for the pre3 yet. Veer looked te most polished device out of all of them
    I can imagine all the EVO owners going nuts when sprint tells them wimax coverage won't be increasing. Sprint, you promised!! I want a free phone!! Waaaaaa waaaaa.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast