Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    my question is why is the Veer ready to go this spring and the Pre 3 isnt?
    I think it was intended as a Pix2 and should have been delvered with the Pre2, but the acquisition and carriers pre-occupied with android launches...

and I think the Pre3 is very much tied to the touchpad, which would slow things down. Also not sure when the cpu in the pre3 was available in large quantity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    probably b/c the 800mhz Veer outperformed the Pre3 and its 1.4ghz processor. I think they have not optimized the new faster processory for the pre3 yet. Veer looked te most polished device out of all of them
    what makes you say that the veer outperforms the pre3?
    Are you kidding op, this cant possible be the reason HP didnt announce 4g. It must be that HP just doesnt get it, the Pre 3 is a FAIL, I mean DOA. I kid, I kid.

This could show that Sprint and HP are doing what many here believes...communicating and will have a partnership for HP next generation of devices, yep I am hopeful as a Sprint Gold Premier customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I can imagine all the EVO owners going nuts when sprint tells them wimax coverage won't be increasing. Sprint, you promised!! I want a free phone!! Waaaaaa waaaaa.
    I just want to laugh at all the recent people that moved to the Evo to only be sitting on shaky ground yet again with the fact that thier wimax might go bye bye
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I can imagine all the EVO owners going nuts when sprint tells them wimax coverage won't be increasing. Sprint, you promised!! I want a free phone!! Waaaaaa waaaaa.
    Sort of like people on this forum going nuts when HP announced that their 2 year old phones weren't getting the 2.0 update. HP, you promised! I want a free Pre 2 or 3! Waaaaaa waaaaaa. =)
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    first off 4g drains alot of batt. and second verizon is not fully up to speed with it and sprint is contemplating a switch. they have lil incentive to push 4g at the moment!
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdini View Post
    I recently read that Clearwire is shifting sales probably due to sluggish sales Clearwire to shift focus to wholesale from retail | Reuters

As far as the comments about the EVO and other 4G phones, when the WiMax vs LTE debate started I recall Sprint saying that they could upgrade the phone firmware with an OTA update if they decided to change technologies.
    IIRC, those suggested firmware updates are for the base stations (towers), not for the phones. An Evo/Epic/Evo Shift would be unable to connect over LTE, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12