1.    #1  
    Hi Guys

I was wondering will there be a way to create folders like in Android and will there be something like in iPhone4 putting certain apps together under one folder? Like if I put together 2+ games and folders is created named Games.

I didnt see this in the demo.
    Well I think you will be able to create your own pages in the launcher. You can just put them all on that page. They have a patch like that for our phones already, and I created an extra page just for my games.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  3.    #3  
    So with webOS we dont have folders we have pages
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    This thread belongs in the General WebOS chat section I believe.

But yes, we don't have folders, just pages (for now).
    Folders would be best if you could put them on the homescreen...

Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I think that this question is specifically for those who saw the Pre3 demos last week or this. Will the Pre3 have folders?

Multiple pages of homescreens are not the same as folders.

We had real folders in PalmOS that worked great. You would just tap to go to your main screen then taps an icon for up to 16 folders. When the folder pops up, tap whatever one of up to 16 apps you wanted in that folder. That way you were never more than 3 taps away from 256 apps. With Android it is actually 320 apps (16x20).

I know of no faster way to multitask. No stacks to dig through to find where you left something. Nothing beats direct access.
    We had folders in PalmOS?? I'm still using a Treo 680 (as well as a Palm Pre), and have gone through even older models but *never* did I encounter this as an option from the built-in launcher.

Could you be referring to a third-party launcher? ZLauncher? Megalauncher? Umm..? Teal Launcher? >.<

Then again, I haven't really used palmos 2.0 and below...
  8.    #8  
    I was hoping for something like with Android create a folder name it Games and put all games in that folder but go one step further have it like iPhone if you over lap 2 games it automatically creates a folder names games for you, so that is cool.
    Its not the Pre 3 that would create folders, its the current version of the operating system that would allow u. Since its unclear (for me at least) if the Pre 3 is going to be released with WebOS 3.0 no one could answer that about the folders.

ET
  10.    #10  
    I hope they include that in webOS 3.0, it is a good idea makes things even simpler, be nice option to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    I think that this question is specifically for those who saw the Pre3 demos last week or this. Will the Pre3 have folders?

Multiple pages of homescreens are not the same as folders.

We had real folders in PalmOS that worked great. You would just tap to go to your main screen then taps an icon for up to 16 folders. When the folder pops up, tap whatever one of up to 16 apps you wanted in that folder. That way you were never more than 3 taps away from 256 apps. With Android it is actually 320 apps (16x20).

I know of no faster way to multitask. No stacks to dig through to find where you left something. Nothing beats direct access.
    I believe the screens will function much the same way as the current patch. To duplicate what you're describing using screens -

Create screens instead of folders.
    From whatever screen you're on (doesn't have to be the "main" screen) select the page title bar.
    Tap whatever one of the page bars you want

I don't know if there's a 256 app limit per screen yet, but I know you can do more than 16.