Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neosubway View Post
    try to get a ZTE V880. it's android and it's cheap (200~250 usd I think)
    it got optomized 600Mhz CPU with 800x480 resolution, 512 MB RAM/ROM, 3MP camera with auto focus, GPS, WIFI, BT...anything u need.
    And it's easy to upgrade to 2.2 with wifi sharing capability.

But be careful.
    It's easy to make you forget about webOS.

That's the blade right? That's my current phone - for the money I paid (70) it's unbeatable.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Ok, but isn't there an option to buy from an website? I mean to point your phone to a web site, pay for application using a credit card and then download and install?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Ok, but isn't there an option to buy from an website? I mean to point your phone to a web site, pay for application using a credit card and then download and install?
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cristids View Post
    Nope.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    That's the blade right? That's my current phone - for the money I paid (70) it's unbeatable.
    yes, it's blade.
    old version also equipped OLED screen. amazing price...
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    Nope.
    They should totally have something like that though. Don't you think that'd be kinda better? =/
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I know it's not a nice thing to say but there are MANY places on the net where you can get ALL the apps for WebOs free.

Don't get me wrong: I don't encourage piracy but is it my fault if HP doesn't open its market in my country (Italy)? I'd be more than happy to pay for the apps, as I already do with my iPhone and Android, but as long as they leave a good part of us out, we have to find alternative ways to join the party.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I would go WebOS...but only if you were in an area that the store supported. Androids OS is so clunky...it kills me. DOn't get me wrong, you can tweak it to do what you want, but I like my experience to feel seamless. The best way I can describe Androids OS is a continuation of where the old Widows Mobile would have been if they would have stayed the course with updates
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angpuaykhoon View Post
    They should totally have something like that though. Don't you think that'd be kinda better? =/
    Hell yes I think they should. I live in a country where I can't buy webOS apps, man. I wish for ALL this stuff.

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcjdoss View Post
    Androids OS is so clunky...it kills me.
    What Android device are you basing this experience on?

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    What Android device are you basing this experience on?
    See below....

Sent from my Motorola Droid 1 using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    well there's your problem.

I had the HTC Hero and HTC EVO and I can honestly say that the EVO screen is big and nice but I found my self missing something, I had tons of apps / games but found something missing, now I have the original Pre with Sprint and I feel much better still missing some apps / games but I feel that the webOS has a better potential now since HP is backing it. Even my wife like the webOS but does not like the small screen, she said she get any webOS device soon as they come out with a 4" slab. She is currently on the EVO but loves the multi tasking on the webOS. You just figure out what is important to you and what you want out of your smartphone. We all here have different needs, some people love the current design of the Pre and some want the slab. Phone is a personal preference and you have to figure out what you need.
  14.    #34  
    Thanks for all the feedback guys! Seems like I may be going the WebOS route after all. Just waiting for the Pre3 to come out to look at a review or 2 to fully decide on it (: Apparently people have mentioned that it's possible to download free apps in my country already so I suppose that's a start!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I'll be very interested in how you go! Us international users need to stick together and share information on how to activate, use and buy apps for webOS devices outside their 'normal' geographic locations.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    70? Where did you buy this phone from? I found this ZTE V880 from modem3g.com sold at $280. IS this the same as yours? I think i need consider again if i want to buy one.
  17. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alled View Post
    70? Where did you buy this phone from? I found this ZTE V880 from modem3g.com sold at $280. IS this the same as yours? I think i need consider again if i want to buy one.
    I think it's the same - I got it from my Orange (UK) in a Christmas offer - I believe it's about 80 now. Really excellent phone for the money and it was a doodle to unlock and flash. As it's sold so many units, there is a decent community and also it's now being supported by cyanogenmod - I'm currently using a RC of gingerbread.
  18.    #38  
    @bennish and whoever else in un-Palm countries: HP launches webOS in Asia-Pacific region – The Express Tribune

Looks like we may just get that App Catalog when it launches! Maybe this's what's holding up the phone! *happy face smiley x 9999999999"
    I'll be very interested in how you go! Us international users need to stick together and share information on how to activate, use and buy apps for webOS devices outside their 'normal' geographic locations.
    I think activating is easy. I just asked my UK ebay seller to activate it before sending the Pre over. The problem I haven't been able to solve is to get someone in the UK to let me use a UK credit card, or something to that effect. I don't mind prepaying etc. but I can see the problems with such an arrangement...

Of course, the best solution would be for everyone to adopt the old 'Palmgear' app store where this sort of issue won't even exist! I still have no idea why the apps industry has 'regressed' in this way.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I'll give you a clue, jeffyen:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast