Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    This thread got me wondering. Has anyone matched up all those leaked code names from late last year to announced products?

We know Topaz and Opal are the tablets. How do Broadway, Mansion, Windsor, Mantaray and Stingray match up?
    The more the merrier. I want the Pre 3, but if Sprint gets another device, I'm still here and listening!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by bill2455 View Post
    This thread got me wondering. Has anyone matched up all those leaked code names from late last year to announced products?

We know Topaz and Opal are the tablets. How do Broadway, Mansion, Windsor, Mantaray and Stingray match up?
    I'll do my best:

Broadway - FCC ID says this is the Veer
    Mansion - Dieter has backed off the Mansion name, saying he doesn't believe it, even though he is the one who published it from a trusted source, as he said
    Windsor - nobody knows just yet
    Mantaray - some speculation that this is the Pre3
    Stingray - nobody knows just yet
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    And what about Myte/Jyst? Were those just backups for Veer? (From what a few others said in the forums)
    Sprint Love
    4" slab would be really nice, it would give us more choices. And I know people who prefer the slab to the slider. Evo size slab would really hit the spot.
    the thing that bothers me is that HP and Palm keep mentioning that they missed a production cycle. Before they were saying 'we're sticking to Palms roadmap. These two comments together mean that time was wasted developing devices that would never stand a chance in the marketplace (the pre2)

I'm sure we all would have preferred that HP had nixed the Pre2, and went straight to what is now the Pre3. We'd probably have it in our hands right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    4" slab would be really nice, it would give us more choices. And I know people who prefer the slab to the slider. Evo size slab would really hit the spot.
    this will most likely be the next type of device introduced into the market sometime after june
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I hope it is, either this year or next year at the Jan conference. The more choice we have the better we are.
    remember after they start releasing phones in april or so they will release a phone every 2 months ! or so they say lol we will see though. and if they do this there will be all kinds of different form factors im sure !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    remember after they start releasing phones in april or so they will release a phone every 2 months ! or so they say lol we will see though. and if they do this there will be all kinds of different form factors im sure !
    Where did you read that information?
    it was announced at the feb 9th show i believe lol or just before the feb 9th show leo said it in India i think ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    You know i dont think they meant that, cause they are not showing of any new models, not even at MWC, do you think they will have another HP premiere, HP is just full of it. Also look at the date, lot has changed since then, HP also said we all will be getting webOS 2.x
    Will have to see it to believe it. I be happy just to get Pre3 and the TouchPad on Sprint.
    im going to post this link to another thread and you can read my post over ther on this subject ok !?!?

here http://forums.precentral.net/future-...hone-june.html
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    read through that thread and you will see my explanation ! for what its worth .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I think by the time HP brings the Pre 3 to market it will have a 4g radio with other upgraded and tweeks. I also think there will be other form factors announced......thoghts
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    hahah yeah wishful thinking!!!
    Thank I read that, the problem is that HP already changed there minds on few things that article says, hard to trust HP for now till they come out and say who and when gets what.

Thanks for the link.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    HP should announce and release the slab immediately after the iPhone 5 release. Palm has yet to get their product announcement / release time right, so doing it right after Apple's thunder dies down would do them great justice.

The iPhone 3GS and 4 killed both the Pre's and the Pre Plus's thunder respectively, I just would have hoped that they would have fixed this by now. :/
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Actually the Pre 3 and C40 are not the same things. C40 was something entirely different (not a phone) and never made it to market if the ramblings I have heard are true.
    Well, even if it wasn't the c40 but was another device, these specs are nearly identical and were leaked 6 months ago - now adding in the claim that it should have been released June/July 2010, this phone should pretty much be ready with over seven months of extra development.

Maybe HP came aboard and said "Phones are second priority, shift to tablets - they're what we need right now."
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast