Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It's interesting that HP isn't saying that webos 2 does have a virtual keyboard. I know that the webos internals gurus got the keyboard working.

So there is your must needed slate phone everyone! Yay!
    I don't think you will see a virtual keyboard until the TouchPad launches with webOS 3.x

Once that is out, they will also have everything needed to do a nice big slab phone for those that want that format.
    The virtual keyboard is there inside the code, it just has to be activated. They should make also on the Pre 3 and give us the consumers a choice, we can type in hard keyboard or virtual, I dont want to open the slider in the Pre 3. But I hope where is a slab in the pipeline coming, it will have the virtual keyboard no choice there, also hope keyboard pro is coming and swype will be coming to webOS.
    yeah im sure since the code is there, once the pre 3 and other keyboard type devices are released internalz can have a patch ready for everyone.
    i hope so, i barely use my keyboard now..love the virtual keyboard!
    I think Arthur Thornton actually made the patch to enable it.

I just wanna give credit where credit is due.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    so there is a patch to enable vk on 2.x?
    Quote Originally Posted by hppre3 View Post
    so there is a patch to enable vk on 2.x?
    yeah. It's in Preware.
    sweet, so hows it working for you peeps on preČ?
    I wish I could get my hands on a pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by hppre3 View Post
    sweet, so hows it working for you peeps on preČ?
    It has few bugs but thats not stoping me using it all the time.
    in my Preware ver 1.8.5, i can't find virtual keyboard. so how can I setup Vk for Palm pre 3. thanks!
    Don't think you can.... Not sure. I would love it too.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
    I have the VK on my pre3. Its got a few bugs but it works, and you just need to take care not to rotate it whilst the VK is activated. I just close it when I've finished entering text.

Also you should note that you will lose the wave launcher if you use this patch:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-keyboard.html
    Quote Originally Posted by maninwhitecoat View Post
    I have the VK on my pre3. Its got a few bugs but it works, and you just need to take care not to rotate it whilst the VK is activated. I just close it when I've finished entering text.

Also you should note that you will lose the wave launcher if you use this patch:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-keyboard.html
    What will happen if VKb active and we accidentally rotate the screen?
    i would love to use this original one

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ml#post3045915
    I think I am going to wait till a stable one is out.. I really want one .. But not enough for me to get one that crashes my system if I accidentally rotate it... Looks friggin awesome tho.

Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
    I would love a virtual keyboard. The lack of one is actually my biggest gripe with webOS. I hate always having to slide out the QWERTY to input text.

I've installed this on my Pre3, works nicely other than the rotation issue. Buttons are maybe a touch small, but usable. I hadn't noticed the crashing on rotation issue until I deliberately tried to duplicate it - but that's mostly because I also use Cloud.Qi's Screen Lock patch from PreWare, which lets you enable or disable the browser auto rotation using the Option-Tap context menu. With auto rotation disabled in browser, or in any app or screen that doesn't auto-rotate, the crashes don't occur when you rotate the device.

Screenshots:

What is "this" and where can I get it? And on a scale of 1 to 10 how difficult is it to install?

Thx so much

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast