Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    [Sorry if this is the wrong section]
    My first real smart phone was the palm pre on sprint. I absolutely loved the phone. It had a slick ui, the multitasking was ingenious, granted i bought the pre when it first came out so it was version one os and version one hardware.. i love the pre.
    My only problem with the pre was that it was slow and laggy, I modded it, overclocked it..
    When the HTC evo came out I jumped right aboard and haven't looked back.
    Im rooted.. running cm7 gingerbread with 4g..
    But after seeing the palm(I refuse to refer to it as hp) pre 3 im torn between going back to webos or sticking with android...
    Im assuming that sprint will be getting a mew android device and will be releasing it in june similarly to the pre 3 in june(probably)

Anyone else having this issue.. I love android... but I love webos.. haha

I see it as a relationship... I abandoned webos for android.. now im trying to get webos but I still love android... does that make me a ****? Hahah
    when sprint gets the Pre3, you won't be able to resist...you know you will have to get one...resistence is futile.
    Hard decision. Webos > android, imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    when sprint gets the Pre3, you won't be able to resist...you know you will have to get one...resistence is futile.
    You mean IF

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    It's normal. There are a lot of great devices out there, all having their own strengths.

Maybe you don't know, but sprint will allow you to try a device for 30 days and return it if you're not happy. This would be a great opportunity to give webOS another try and see if the OS and software are where you need them.

I've considered jumping to android myself and I'm sure most people have. I just always come to the conclusion that I'm happy with webOS and don't wanna spend the $200 cus I know I'd come back if I left.

Whatever you choose, it's just a phone.

I have the same issue. I had everything, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, iPhones, now a Droid.

I like Android but I think I'm ready to leave. I have a couple big complaints from the inconsistencies in the UI and the fact that it can be very complicated to the big picture where Google makes no rules to enforce. The only downside to webOS in my opinion is the app support, which is getting better. Android is great if you're willing to make some sacrifices or put a lot of effort into tinkering around. I'm at the point where I'd rather something just work and work well.

The skins, lockdowns, roms, it's all gotten to be a bit much.
    The BIG if Sprint accepts the Pre 3. If the device will not have a wimax radio in it, it's an auto reject. Crossing my fingers....
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Make your decision if and when the Pre3 is actually released. No reason to try to make up your mind here and now, before any carriers have even been announced.
    The only thing I know for sure is Im not buying that Kyocrea Echo bs.
    why would no wimax chip mean auto reject? hell, they just had an INDUSTRY FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT about carrying a new flagship phone, it has no 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by derik123derik123 View Post
    [Sorry if this is the wrong section]
    My first real smart phone was the palm pre on sprint. I absolutely loved the phone. It had a slick ui, the multitasking was ingenious, granted i bought the pre when it first came out so it was version one os and version one hardware.. i love the pre.
    My only problem with the pre was that it was slow and laggy, I modded it, overclocked it..
    When the HTC evo came out I jumped right aboard and haven't looked back.
    Im rooted.. running cm7 gingerbread with 4g..
    But after seeing the palm(I refuse to refer to it as hp) pre 3 im torn between going back to webos or sticking with android...
    Im assuming that sprint will be getting a mew android device and will be releasing it in june similarly to the pre 3 in june(probably)

Anyone else having this issue.. I love android... but I love webos.. haha

I see it as a relationship... I abandoned webos for android.. now im trying to get webos but I still love android... does that make me a ****? Hahah
    I'm in almost the same boat as you because I too had gotten the Original Sprint Pre on launch day. It was kind of laggy but with the update to i believe 1.4 it helped alot. I got the Evo like you because my Pre eventually died a few months back and wanted to try out the competition to WebOS...Android. I really do like my Evo. I have it rooted and am running Fresh's ROM. Fast, good (not great) battery life, and a good experience. It has the abilities of any desktop PC and great. But Android just will never be the same as WebOS. WebOS is what made the Pre. The Pre itself was crap hardware but yet I still loved it because of WebOS. It has the abilities of Android with the slick UI that iOS. Now that the Pre3 is coming out with beast hardware, there is no way I am going to stick with my Evo very much longer.
    I have looked at the speed of the current devices I see the Pre2's working WebOS 2.0 and is pretty dang fast. Now that they release the Pre3 with a freaking 1.4 GHz processor!
    I really do hope that you will come back to WebOS with me because if you really do break it down, what will you be missing? The only thing would be 4G, I have it were I live and it is cool but not quite what it is built up to be. It is great to have and I enjoy it alot. But I enjoy WebOS more. The Evo is also a big phone, it is not quite that big of a deal for me but there are sometimes were it gets in the way of what I'm doing.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    It's normal. There are a lot of great devices out there, all having their own strengths.

Maybe you don't know, but sprint will allow you to try a device for 30 days and return it if you're not happy. This would be a great opportunity to give webOS another try and see if the OS and software are where you need them.

I've considered jumping to android myself and I'm sure most people have. I just always come to the conclusion that I'm happy with webOS and don't wanna spend the $200 cus I know I'd come back if I left.

Whatever you choose, it's just a phone.

If you ask me, android isn't $200 better than WebOS. Like some others have said it does have its strengths and it weaknesses. WebOS just was born with something that other devices can get otherwise. It might be cards but it just has that perfect marrying of a slick UI and power. I have a feeling the reason why you want to try out Android is much similar to why I got an Evo a few months back. I have tried iOS and Android but they just are missing something that I can only find in WebOS. I'm really happy now that the devices will much faster because that was its main weakness.
    Save you self a year and a couple $$ and get da Pre3 or Pre2.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    i'm only having an issue with the screen size. i've had an evo since november, and am so ready to get back to webOS. i'm not sure how i'll like 3.6 inches though. i'd always thought 4 was the sweet spot, until getting the evo.

os-wise though, it's a no-brainer for me. for all of the great things about the evo hardware and neat things about android, i'm still so sick of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    i'm only having an issue with the screen size. i've had an evo since november, and am so ready to get back to webOS. i'm not sure how i'll like 3.6 inches though. i'd always thought 4 was the sweet spot, until getting the evo.

os-wise though, it's a no-brainer for me. for all of the great things about the evo hardware and neat things about android, i'm still so sick of it.
    To each his own I guess. 4 inches to me is almost like carrying a small pad around. I like the size of my current pre (considering its a phone). Maybe I'll like a little bigger, don't know. Thats was sweet about the 3, its bigger but not that big. Happy medium I guess.

ET
    I think 4 is a good size and 4.3 is big but not too big. It still fits in your pocket and the screen real estate is beneficial. I wouldn't go under 3.5 again, my Droid is 3.7 so 3.6 is fine.

I would like a 4 or 4.3 but no biggie.
    I had a EVO for just under the 30 day trial and I returned it, I couldn't stand not having a keyboard. I heard all the hype and waited 4 months to try it out and then when I finally had it I personally thought that it wasn't for me. I hope that the keyboard on the Pre 3 is a little like the pixi, the buttons have said to be bigger on the Pre 3, but I'll just have to wait and see.

I'd say do the 30 day trial and see if you like it, you can always return it.
    I like meeting new friends, follow me on twitter->

that_maynard
    I am so ready to ditch my Droid Pro it ain't funny.

I went back to using my Pre as a media player and everytime I do it's like a fine wine. It's like a breath of fresh air.

But I'm in Canada, which means sometime in the summer could mean sometime just before christmas. Not sure if I can wait that long to get rid of my Droid....
    I like both WebOS & Android, but I'm absolutely going to buy the HP Pre 3 when it hits the market. The larger real QWERTY keyboard is going to be so user friendly.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i think sprint is getting ready to be sold or they will dump wimax and go LTE. either way wimax will get dumped since the most likely buyer of sprint is verizon.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    i think sprint is getting ready to be sold or they will dump wimax and go LTE. either way wimax will get dumped since the most likely buyer of sprint is verizon.
    Why do you think Sprint is getting acquired?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast