Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dingwall1 View Post
    why would no wimax chip mean auto reject? hell, they just had an INDUSTRY FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT about carrying a new flagship phone, it has no 4G.
    I agree with you on this. It would be total "BS" if Sprint said they will not take the Pre3 because of no 4G... but then it wouldn't be the first time Sprint made a bad decision either!
    Hi all,

I guess I have some of these feelings.

I want WebOS, but my current Pre -minus is so damaged that I'm so sure how much longer it will last.

My real issue is that my investment in current apps is substantial, over $300. Now with the new Pre 3, looks like I will have repurchase all those apps again because I doubt developers are going to give out upgrades to the new Enyo (spelling) versions.

So give that fact, that I have to rebuild my app collection, do I do it on Andriod (if my Pre dies before the Pre 3 arrives on Sprint) or move to Andriod.

I'm so confused by what to do. Yes, I love WebOS but I have scarficed some funtions to stay loyal. How much longer do I do that? I think I'm not the only one feeling like this.

Rob
    I'm just curious on how many leave Sprint if they fail to offer the Pre 3 in a timely manner. I guess I'm somewhat lucky to be on VZW for that matter.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by derik123derik123 View Post
    [Sorry if this is the wrong section]
    My first real smart phone was the palm pre on sprint. I absolutely loved the phone. It had a slick ui, the multitasking was ingenious, granted i bought the pre when it first came out so it was version one os and version one hardware.. i love the pre.
    My only problem with the pre was that it was slow and laggy, I modded it, overclocked it..
    When the HTC evo came out I jumped right aboard and haven't looked back.
    Im rooted.. running cm7 gingerbread with 4g..
    But after seeing the palm(I refuse to refer to it as hp) pre 3 im torn between going back to webos or sticking with android...
    Im assuming that sprint will be getting a mew android device and will be releasing it in june similarly to the pre 3 in june(probably)

Anyone else having this issue.. I love android... but I love webos.. haha

I see it as a relationship... I abandoned webos for android.. now im trying to get webos but I still love android... does that make me a ****? Hahah
    Just try the Pre3 when it actually arrives. If you've gotten used to 4G performance, that may be hard to give up. I know slow wifi is a true pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I'm just curious on how many leave Sprint if they fail to offer the Pre 3 in a timely manner. I guess I'm somewhat lucky to be on VZW for that matter.

ET
    I'll definitely be gone. Also, I'll be at 22 months and at 10 years as a customer at the Pre3 launch date. Sprint has nothing worthwhile in the phone arena right now. I mean, good grief, the EVO 4G is still going to be the best phone they have this summer, unless something big comes out, and I kinda doubt it will.
    im kind of torn too. i am with att and just got an email that says the motorola atrix is available for pre-order. can be at my door march 6

i did ask att if they are expecting to see the pre3 and they said they didnt know. bummer
    Last edited by c_legaspi; 02/13/2011 at 12:25 PM.
    If I was on AT&T and eligible for an upgrade, I don't think I'd be waiting. If I didn't have concrete information on the Pre3's availability with a launch date in May or June, I'd be all aboard the Atrix as soon as it came out.

As it is, if there is no specific launch date for the Pre3 when the Motorola Droid Bionic is launched, I'm pretty sure I'll be on that bandwagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    My real issue is that my investment in current apps is substantial, over $300. Now with the new Pre 3, looks like I will have repurchase all those apps again because I doubt developers are going to give out upgrades to the new Enyo (spelling) versions.

So give that fact, that I have to rebuild my app collection, do I do it on Andriod (if my Pre dies before the Pre 3 arrives on Sprint) or move to Andriod.
    I guess in your situation, I would have to consider which platform I have more faith in as far as third party development is concerned.

It's a crappy deal either way, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi all,

I guess I have some of these feelings.

I want WebOS, but my current Pre -minus is so damaged that I'm so sure how much longer it will last.

I'm so confused by what to do. Yes, I love WebOS but I have scarficed some funtions to stay loyal. How much longer do I do that? I think I'm not the only one feeling like this.

Rob
    Wait we will have to purchase the apps again? This is my dilema as well so I bought a HTC EVO Shift from best buy since it was only $99. I'll check it out for the month trial n see what I decide
    I thought the apps were part of your "Palm Profile" If that's the case, and your profile remains intact the old apps wouldn't need to be purchased again.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    I thought the apps were part of your "Palm Profile" If that's the case, and your profile remains intact the old apps wouldn't need to be purchased again.
    Yes that's true. When you doctor your old pre you re-download your apps. It is tied to your profile. Pre 3 will also be backward compatible through emulation.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Yes that's true. When you doctor your old pre you re-download your apps. It is tied to your profile. Pre 3 will also be backward compatible through emulation.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pre3 Won't need emulation until it gets webOS 3.0
    Don't worry about your $300 worth of apps, worry about getting the phone you need right now. I'm in a similar but different predicament. I've had it with my Droid Pro, but I want the Pre 3 and it won't be out till summer in the States and who knows when here in Canada. And I'm seriously not sure if I can wait that long. Let's say the Pre 3 gets to Canada by the fall, do I have to put up with my Droid Pro until then? Not sure if I can. Any advice would be welcome.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    It is not clear to me whether any 4G phone (LTE or WiMax) will offer something like mobile hot spot. If any phone does have that functionality, it will be mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by pks627 View Post
    It is not clear to me whether any 4G phone (LTE or WiMax) will offer something like mobile hot spot. If any phone does have that functionality, it will be mine.
    4G phones on verizon and sprint do and will offer hotspot functionality. Even the 3G iphone offers it on Verizon.
    777 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    You and Natalie Imbruglia.
    Quote Originally Posted by derik123derik123 View Post
    [Sorry if this is the wrong section]
    My first real smart phone was the palm pre on sprint. I absolutely loved the phone. It had a slick ui, the multitasking was ingenious, granted i bought the pre when it first came out so it was version one os and version one hardware.. i love the pre.
    My only problem with the pre was that it was slow and laggy, I modded it, overclocked it..
    When the HTC evo came out I jumped right aboard and haven't looked back.
    Im rooted.. running cm7 gingerbread with 4g..
    But after seeing the palm(I refuse to refer to it as hp) pre 3 im torn between going back to webos or sticking with android...
    Im assuming that sprint will be getting a mew android device and will be releasing it in june similarly to the pre 3 in june(probably)

Anyone else having this issue.. I love android... but I love webos.. haha

I see it as a relationship... I abandoned webos for android.. now im trying to get webos but I still love android... does that make me a ****? Hahah
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by that_maynard View Post
    I had a EVO for just under the 30 day trial and I returned it, I couldn't stand not having a keyboard. I heard all the hype and waited 4 months to try it out and then when I finally had it I personally thought that it wasn't for me. I hope that the keyboard on the Pre 3 is a little like the pixi, the buttons have said to be bigger on the Pre 3, but I'll just have to wait and see.

I'd say do the 30 day trial and see if you like it, you can always return it.
    ***grumble, grumble**

The problem here is that Sprint is going to tack on the 10$ fee for your eval. Then if you go back to your Pre, the 10$ remains in effect.

This has been the only detail keeping me on the fence.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12