Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    HP may not be asking me for free air time, but my response was to the OP who says that by negatively posting about HPalm products, we're doing the company and community a great disservice. THAT'S BULL.

Again, a product should be able to stand on its own. There's very little "my phone is slow, my phone breaks all the time, my phone doesn't *fill in the blank* over on the Evo A|C forums and I'm willing to bet its not because they dont have whiners over there.
    It isn't because there aren't problems, my friend. I HAVE an EVO and it ain't perfect. Right now I can't get through 4 hours without the battery crapping out and have no idea why. Plus it's starting to randomly reboot. Have I posted it over on Android Central? No, I haven't, because there isn't anybody from HTC or Google in there listening.

But even if I did post it, I'd be looking for a fix and provide it as feedback someplace useful, not start one whiney-*** thread after another as is done here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    HP doesn't have a product to sell!!

Fine...I'll throw my Pre in the trash and buy a new Pre3. Tell me where to go. Brick-n-Mortar store? You have a website to link me to?

I'm not poor...I'll buy one today, off-contract pricing too. Tell me where to buy it!!!

And yes, until they come out with something else, yes, they DO need to offer software updates for their 2-year-old hardware. The original Pre is still the "current model" for many people. The Pre+ required switching carriers and breaking a contract...and the Pre2 is the same.

You honestly think it's ok for phone carriers to REQUIRE 2-year contracts and phone manufacturers to make phones that only have a 6-month shelf life with regards to support and updates?

And yes, HP/Palm DOES need the support of loyalists. It's called "buzz" and it's what sells phones.

People don't buy the iPhone because CNET labels it a "Best buy" or Engadget spunks in their PJ's every time a new one comes out...they buy them because they're cool, they're hip, there's a buzz about them, people are talking about them, their friends are showing them the neat things they can do with them (and not bothering to mention the things it can't do).

If HP/Palm is looking to market towards the "Meh, whatever, it's a phone" crowd, they're going to sell 19 phones in 2 years.
    Dude, the choice was go out of business or get bought. They got bought, and guess what? That kind of screwed up product cycles. And software updates. And now, in order to stay competitive, they've got to move beyond the old devices. You know, the ones that you guys are all calling crap. Who doesn't do that??? Is Apple putting out updates directed at the 3G?? Is Microsoft working on software for devices not running 7? Why do y'all have this expectation of Palm? That's just the reality.

If you don't like it, go buy something else. I wanted a bigger screen and faster processor last year so I ditched my Pre and bought an EVO. Now that Palm/HP appear to have got it back together I'm coming back because I love WebOS and the Pre 3 is exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a nice phone, not somebody to hold my hand and listen to all my troubles. You SHOULD provide feedback on your experiences, but this place is dominated by whiners.

BTW, my wife still has and uses her Pre from way back and loves it, and my oldest son is still disappointed that I replaced his Pixi with a Droid 2 after he drowned it.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    This is whats hilarious. Most Pre users have moved on... in frustration.
    They're certainly hanging about in these Pre forums a lot, for Pre users who have 'moved on'. Doesn't moving on involve... actually moving on?
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Where else are we going to go? It's boring everywhere else. Besides its funny to see you all get so upset here about nothing.

Sent from my EVO Shift 4G
    That's one of the saddest things I've ever heard. You're coming in here specifically for that reason? So... you're trolls is what you're saying.

In any case, I'm not upset - I'm not one of the people creating entire forum topics ranting about 'HP are liars' and 'fire Ruby' etc etc.

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    That's one of the saddest things I've ever heard. You're coming in here specifically for that reason? So... you're trolls is what you're saying.

In any case, I'm not upset - I'm not one of the people creating entire forum topics ranting about 'HP are liars' and 'fire Ruby' etc etc.

Loosen up. It's not that serious. If you don't like certain people post just ignore them. That's what I do.

Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post

Loosen up. It's not that serious. If you don't like certain people post just ignore them. That's what I do.

sigh... come on here, get people riled up, and tell them to chill. Real nice man.

7.    #47  
    Woosh....here the flamers go again!

All I said was I made a decision to go with the Pre for now!

You lot are so vocal....:-)

I do come to WebOS without the baggage of disappointment which clearly is present in early adopters, and I can understand that. After all this was Palm's make or break product and it broke them to the point they were sold to HP. What I would say is give HP a chance, they have caught up very quickly from what I can see while trying to integrate a new organisation with a different culture and probably with a motivation issue after the uncertain future and ultimate purchase. Any two organisations coming together will be difficult and to manage to develop 3 interesting new products while all that is happening is a hell of an achievement.

Look on the bright side, you could be a Nokia Symbian user.....

John
    Quote Originally Posted by sammoj View Post
    . What I would say is give HP a chance, they have caught up very quickly from what I can see while trying to integrate a new organisation with a different culture and probably with a motivation issue after the uncertain future and ultimate purchase. Any two organisations coming together will be difficult and to manage to develop 3 interesting new products while all that is happening is a hell of an achievement.

Look on the bright side, you could be a Nokia Symbian user.....

John
    Well said.

It takes a long time to develop products: engineering, marketing, planning (this is a big one, especially with a corporation as large as HP - it takes forever to even get answers in a larger corporation), testing, research, product development

and on top of that, you have what you pointed out, a merger, which has enough headaches as it is

I'm quite impressed that HP has been able to deliver what they have thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    It definitely is a lot more interesting around here in webOS-land. It seems like every month or so something interesting is happening. It's not even the same company as it was last year. There's the anticipation of every new launch. Nobody knows who the carrier(s) will be or to what extent they will push the devices. Nobody knows what the platform or the App Catalog is going to look like or what apps will work in emulation going forward.
    Let me preempt Herb by saying "'Nobody'...are you sure 'nobody' knows, because I'm pretty sure some people at HP know."

I keed, hparsons.

In all seriousness, there are some major differences, and I can certainly understand people being hopeful about them. Someone with deep pockets is running the show now. They want to scale this OS to everything with a circuit board and memory in it. Apple just passed them as the number one mobile PC maker, so they are motivated. And the TouchPad - their new flagship - is a legitimately different and potentially awesome new product.

But yeah...there are a LOT of details that still have to be ironed out, and I don't think 2011 will be anything too removed from another transitional year when all is said and done.
    But yeah...there are a LOT of details that still have to be ironed out, and I don't think 2011 will be anything too removed from another transitional year when all is said and done.
    Exactly and by transition I am thinking transition for the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    To the OP, I just want to add a couple things.

There are a large amount of people on these forums complaining about the event, that have long before the event left for other operating systems (not saying all, but there are many and they post their opinion repeatedly as often as they can).

As far as the time line of devices as you spoke about the original Pre and Pixi, then the pluses and now the current timeline. HP has only had control for approx 8 months, including transition and everything else with the buyout. So nobody has really seen what HP's vision is before the Feb 9th event.... so personally I can't be mad at HP for pushing the ship forward it is no longer under Palms budget and HP seams ready to throw cash at the future (even if it leaves a few in the past).

One last thing, personally my only worry is that Sprint won't see the Pre 3. Sprint is the only carrier that makes financial and quality sense for the wife and I. In the last couple days I have looked at other carriers pricing and other phones (we will not be getting new phones until at least this summer anyways). Our Pre's are working fine for us, we could both probably use new batteries after abusing the ones we have had (my fault for not getting em replaced under warranty).

All in all my only negative thing from the event, was not knowing if Sprint will see the Pre 3. Once carriers and pricing are announced I can take the time to concern myself with what to do next. I do want a Pre 3 for me and 1 for the wife, and a TouchPad to share.....

Wifi only TouchPad will be fine (wouldn't pay the premium for 3G), just don't want to run a different mobile OS from my Tablet when I can finally afford one.
    My battery needed replaced also. When I installed the battery monitor it showed the battery only working at 50% capacity and my phone was barely making it though the day. It was also causing my phone to reset. I got a new one on amazon.com for about 4 bucks, free shipping since I ordered other stuff. The battery monitor shows it at 99% capacity.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Thanks for participating. It's been real fun.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123