Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, what do people think?

That was lamer than I expected.
    That looked pretty good, to me. I think its a nice branding effort.

One thing that didn't look good to me - and it was barely a second - was at about 1 min. when they showed the woman working on a laptop standing up: working on a laptop when you are standing IS awkward. That's why we like slates and tablets.

But thats a very minor point in what I thought was a pretty good commercial.
    Perhaps if the guy doing the pseudorap didn't sound bored out of his skull the entire time....

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    That was better than I thought it would be.
    good for HP branding, but it won't sell phones unless they run phone-specific ads in the same campaign.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    good for HP branding, but it won't sell phones unless they run phone-specific ads in the same campaign.
    Agreed.

However, not bad, I guess. They don't have products to sell yet, so why not put out branding commercials and then go from there?
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Did you catch the phrase:

"...Everybody Sprint..."

coincidence?
    The guy's voice was weird and distracted from the pictures, instead of adding to them, there was too much dissonance between his tone and the mood conveyed by the pictures. I'd like to hear who else they auditioned.
    God.

This is really bad. I come from the Apple world. I've seen lots of good commercials. That makes me ask one major question:

Why can't they just totally rip off their commercials, and put in a Pre 3 or TouchPad instead of an iPhone or iPad, respectively? I mean, really.
    The second time that comes on TV I'll be hitting the MUTE button.
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
    Quote Originally Posted by meir602 View Post
    Did you catch the phrase:

"...Everybody Sprint..."

coincidence?
    Could just as easily just mean the word sprint.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I liked it, song gets better as it goes. First of many to come
    You really have to go out and read all the interviews with Ruby and HP's people. This isn't what the EveryBody On campaign is. It is merely just the first commercial. The campaign isn't just commercials.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I think it stinks. I'm really not sure what they're thinking in the boardroom when they approve this garbage. Most people would fast forward this quickly. Boring.. And yet another indication that HP doesn't seem very capable.
    Wow....so lame and unprofessional. The "singer" sounded like he was just some guy working at the ad agency who did that to give HP an idea of what the ad would be like and then HP said, "Hey if we just use your voice-over won't it save us money and time?"

And they don't even show the right devices with each person! The woman in the server room is holding a laptop which looks like it weighs 4-5 pounds and takes her whole arm to hold. Shouldn't she be holding a tablet?!

It just looked like the took clips from previously shot stuff (or even from a shop like Corbis) and slapped it all together.

Wanna know how to do technology ads? Watch either Apple's iPhone/Pad/Pod or Verizon's Droid ads. Both are brilliant and memorable.
    Wow that was horrible sing rapping lol ltm

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    If that's the worst one they ever do I will be pleased ha !

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  19.    #19  
    good or bad, the point isn't advertizing their products. Its branding theimagine of connectivity between all devices, some that we haven't even seen from hp and they stated within the next little bit they will announce when ready.

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Wow....so lame and unprofessional. The "singer" sounded like he was just some guy working at the ad agency who did that to give HP an idea of what the ad would be like and then HP said, "Hey if we just use your voice-over won't it save us money and time?"

And they don't even show the right devices with each person! The woman in the server room is holding a laptop which looks like it weighs 4-5 pounds and takes her whole arm to hold. Shouldn't she be holding a tablet?!

It just looked like the took clips from previously shot stuff (or even from a shop like Corbis) and slapped it all together.

Wanna know how to do technology ads? Watch either Apple's iPhone/Pad/Pod or Verizon's Droid ads. Both are brilliant and memorable.
    The "Everybody On" concept is good but remove the horrible vocals and create a story of the interconnected HP world through images to music and they might have something.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast