Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Uh, is that the Can I Kick It beat?

This is much better if you imagine Mike Skinner's accent over it.
    Yep Tribe Called Quest used this beat in Can I Kick It.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    But the part that shocks me is that you are here so quickly trumpeting what you perceive to be bad news where hp webOS fans are otherwise excited to see something happening finally. Hmmm, how could I describe that.....?
    I've been in this thread the whole time. I followed up on a previous comment linking a popular voice in the industry, and huge Palm fan, who had a similar opinion. I get RSS feeds in my mail which is always open on a second screen. I get news fast. No surprise.

That is also how I was the first to post in the forum that HP announced Mojo would be compatible with the new products, and how I can get in and correct errors and post updates when they apply to something I've posted. What's shocking is how fast you were there to criticize a post.
    enough is enought already.. Just put Dre in the commercial and cal it a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    enough is enought already.. Just put Dre in the commercial and cal it a day
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    I've been in this thread the whole time. I followed up on a previous comment linking a popular voice in the industry, and huge Palm fan, who had a similar opinion. I get RSS feeds in my mail which is always open on a second screen. I get news fast. No surprise.

That is also how I was the first to post in the forum that HP announced Mojo would be compatible with the new products, and how I can get in and correct errors and post updates when they apply to something I've posted. What's shocking is how fast you were there to criticize a post.
    I didn't realize I criticized your post, I commented on the ad as well as your promptness and general tone of JT's comments.

Nothing out of the ordinary here. I popped on to check a PM and actually help someone with something they were having trouble with. I saw the latest post title which I had been tweeting about and figured I would take a look.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I didn't realize I criticized your post, I commented on the ad as well as your promptness and general tone of JT's comments.

Nothing out of the ordinary here. I popped on to check a PM and actually help someone with something they were having trouble with. I saw the latest post title which I had been tweeting about and figured I would take a look.
    Great! no one is criticizing anyone. Glad we got that settled.
    The ad could be better. I'm pretty much in agreement with Topolsky, though I kind of dig the Lou Reed in the background. The thing that annoys me is that it seems the whole theme of the campaign, what links it all together, is the thing I dislike the most...the guy with the completely flat, dull, voice saying "everybody ___".

Please HP, it's so close, but this guy is ruining it.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    The other problem this brings up is timing. Let's say people see this ad and get excited in the next couple of months. They march to their local Best Buy, Frys, or whatever and see.....the same ole' HP laptops and nothing else. Let's say they see it after the Veer comes out. They rush down to the same stores ready to get a tablet or cool phone and have a tiny, Kin-like thing waiting for them with nothing to interface with except a printer.

This ad sells a "vision" of what HP will represent at some point, but who can actually see that vision realized upon seeing this ad? They're going to start airing this during the Grammys on Sunday night. Why?
    When they get there they will find an amazing HP Envy notebook with Beats audio, and a really cool TouchSmart PC that also has Beats audio. It they highlighted anything in the ad beyond the touchpad, it was those two things and they included text over the image to tell us what we were looking at. Beats audio is really a big deal, and after that record exec explained what it was I can understand why they are focusing on it for media and gaming.
    I like it.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    It wasn't nearly as bad as Engadget shilled about, but it was a little awkward. Still, hopefully it will generate some interest in webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    This is the song/video HP should use in their Everybody On ad campaign:

i was thinking more along these lines.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    This is the song/video HP should use in their Everybody On ad campaign:

I think they should use the chorus from this:

or this:

Did they say "everybody bombed" in that commercial? The people in the picture didn't seem all that drunk to me...

Also, this isn't the only ad that HP is running during the Grammy awards. They also ran ads for the Touchsmart PC.

Everybody buy
    Everybody brew
    Everybody overclock
    Everybody Touchstone Dock
    Everybody touch
    Everybody share
    Everybody ship
    Everybody upgrade
    Everybody charge
    Everybody cheer

Everybody
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Uh, is that the Can I Kick It beat?

This is much better if you imagine Mike Skinner's accent over it.
    You mean the Lou Reed Take a Walk on the Wild Side beat.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post

How much does something like that pay? Is it by the post or do you get a salary?
    Last edited by lazslo11; 02/14/2011 at 12:14 AM.
    If HP wants to get serious they should hire this person IMHO.

Everybody wait, everybody bend, everybody watch, Palm come to and end?
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, AT&T Centro, Palm Pre Plus (AT&T), HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note (Sigh).
    Quote Originally Posted by SDoo1965 View Post
    Everybody wait, everybody bend, everybody watch, Palm come to and end?
    LMFAO

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    If HP wants to get serious they should hire this person IMHO.

I uhm, agree.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast