Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    What you're describing would require someone putting a lot of thought into it. I'm not sure that's what we're seeing here, but you could be right. Heh.
    If it was just the word Sprint, I would think it was just a coincidence. But with the orange color I don't think it was by accident.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    --The Engadget interview w/Rubinstein & McArthur said to look to the Grammys for a big advertising push.--

Well, It stood out last night at 5 of midnight during SNL... (got my attention, anyway!) ;-)

I think it's pretty good.

...after quickly scanning this thread, the same unhappy campers are posting the most. ()...and the same thing, over and over... (sigh)

Come, ON! Don't you have to start researching your next phone/OS? ...then start your, "I'm leaving" / "I'm gone" thread?

...but, we'll never be able to miss you properly, if you never leave? :-)
    i, for one, am here to stay, unless ruby himself shows up at my door and talks me out of buying another webos phone
    This is the song/video HP should use in their Everybody On ad campaign:

I see pandas.
    this ad is so gut-wrenchingly bad.. seriously, it makes my ears cringe.. I'm sure they're going to overplay the hell out of it just like they did with the damn baby going cross-country e-print one.. god that was annoying.
    where are the hipsters with nice hands ??
    Super. I just saw the commercial on the Grammys. I think HP is really going to push these devices.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Super. I just saw the commercial on the Grammys. I think HP is really going to push these devices.

ET
    Me too... WebOS was featured well and I was pumped for the Marketing finally seems to be on point.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    wow they really are promoting...they just had the lady holding the tablet in another part....bigggggg promoting going on..finally
    didn't like the voice over.

i actually think they could have been better with no voice over, just music and text.

but thats just me. liked it overall.
    shame they couldn't get Lou Reed to do the voice-over...
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    If it was just the word Sprint, I would think it was just a coincidence. But with the orange color I don't think it was by accident.
    Sprint's color is yellow. AT&T adopted orange when they bought out Cingular.
    HP's 'Everybody On' ad goes to the Grammys, causes nationwide cringing -- Engadget

Looks like Engadget had the same reaction as I did to the commercial. Oh well, there will be others.
    I wonder why Engadget didn't criticize this ad when it was shown on Feb 9th? Is it because they don't like the bad imitation of Lou Reed during the grammy awards?
    Or did they decide the didn't like it between the first viewing and today?

I like the ad for "brand image" but it won't sell a single phone... I'm hoping they will have a great commercial about just the phone as it gets closer to shipping, and this "everyone on" as is just being used as a teaser... Palm, please hire me to run your marketing department... (grin)
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    HP's 'Everybody On' ad goes to the Grammys, causes nationwide cringing -- Engadget

Looks like Engadget had the same reaction as I did to the commercial. Oh well, there will be others.
    Really? I'm shocked....
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups

Yeah, Engadget saying just what I didn't want to say about the ad. Concept is good, "Everybody On" is a great marketing copy, but that song is horrendous. And it certainly doesn't help that you're featuring this amateur display of musical incompetence on the biggest stage of musical greatness: the Grammys. Hearing that right after Yolanda Adams just finished undressing Christina Aguilera in the Aretha tribute was, quite simply, torturous.

I like the pimping of the Touchpad in the "coming up" segments though. Looks like HP is spending a pretty penny tonight, for sure.
    Josh at Engadget is, and has been one of Palms biggest, most public fans, and loudest cheer leader. If you think he is biased agains WebOS, you couldn't be more wrong. What he said in the article is that he was surprised to see this kicking off a big campaign.

The ad would not have been worth commenting on just as something shown at a press event. Put it in front of millions of people watching the Grammys and it becomes a different matter. Don't make the mistake of thinking J Top is your enemy. He will be showing these devices on TV, and talking them up on the podcast. If he says he didn't like the ad, you can believe it.
    Chill + Relax = Chillax

I didn't say he was biased. I don't know them at all. I just pointed out that he saw it on the 9th, and they told everyone they were going to start running it the next day. But in the writeup he sounds surprised. That's all meant by that.

And FWIW I didn't cringe so that could indicate a lack of taste on my part. I only cringed at the amount they must be spending on an image ad that doesn't show specific tasks and end with a clear call to action.
    Josh at Engadget is, and has been one of Palms biggest, most public fans, and loudest cheer leader. If you think he is biased agains WebOS, you couldn't be more wrong. What he said in the article is that he was surprised to see this kicking off a big campaign.

The ad would not have been worth commenting on just as something shown at a press event. Put it in front of millions of people watching the Grammys and it becomes a different matter. Don't make the mistake of thinking J Top is your enemy. He will be showing these devices on TV, and talking them up on the podcast. If he says he didn't like the ad, you can believe it.
    It's one commercial... it isn't a big deal. I don't think it's gonna make or break them. Some people liked it some people didn't. That's advertising.

But the part that shocks me is that you are here so quickly trumpeting what you perceive to be bad news where hp webOS fans are otherwise excited to see something happening finally. Hmmm, how could I describe that.....?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Chill + Relax = Chillax
    Got it! I'm adding that to my dictionary right now.

I keep telling myself this is a branding ad, not a product ad. But, considering how they were specifically pushing the pad on stage, it kind of is a product ad. Having been in advertising for a time, something about it has a dissonant tone. Well, it's a start.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast