Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    i have a four line family plan on big red. i transfer all upgrades to my primary line. bought the wife and kids some ebay pixi pluses at $150 total. i am now sitting on an upgrade from jan. which i would love to burn on a veer. next upgrade i will poach is in june. hope to burn it on a pre3. i will get a wifi only touchpad and tether to my phone. i cant wait!
  2. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snotball007 View Post
    I was fortunate enough to snag the only Pre Plus that was available on launch day at my local AT&T store.
    The closest one to me had a few of them on launch day. I think I was the first person to get one there, though.

I can't wait for the Pre3. I'd buy one now if it was available unlocked through HP.
    Same here. Especially if they keep the developer discount program going.
    Global Posts
    2,155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I can upgrade NOW and my Pre + is cracked and missing a chunk of plastic around the USB port. I don't know if I can hold out till summer
    buy another Pre off ebay. You can replace your old phone without changing your contract
    Unlocked phones directly from HP have me thinking about switching to ATT.... the problem is, in the US, unlocked doesn't mean much, because you are still stuck with ATT (unless the new phones will work on T-Mobile too).... We will see...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Unlocked phones directly from HP have me thinking about switching to ATT.... the problem is, in the US, unlocked doesn't mean much, because you are still stuck with ATT (unless the new phones will work on T-Mobile too).... We will see...
    What I would like to do is get a pre-paid plan and get a google voice number for free text messages and maybe run my phone calls over VOIP.
    Bring it to Sprint. Were clearly the biggest supporters of WebOS!!!
    Y'know...

I was looking at the Pre 3 videos, and it's size (not including the depth) appears to be similar to the Pre with the GRT case I already use and love...

Just sayin...

Anyway, yep, I am hoping this is available on T-Mobile at its summer debut - Id be all over it.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    What I would like to do is get a pre-paid plan and get a google voice number for free text messages and maybe run my phone calls over VOIP.
    Would be a good idea.... I use a TON of data though, and would be wanting to tether the TouchPad from the Pre3.

You talking pre-paid data?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Would be a good idea.... I use a TON of data though, and would be wanting to tether the TouchPad from the Pre3.

You talking pre-paid data?
    Yeah, there are some pre-paid data options out there, but I'm most always near wifi. So, most likely I would skip the pre-paid data.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    Yeah, there are some pre-paid data options out there, but I'm most always near wifi. So, most likely I would skip the pre-paid data.
    Yeah I would need something to use as my every day device (and hopefully tether to the TouchPad some day). So I am still hoping for Sprint support, if not maybe I will switch to VZW if they offer a BOGO....
    On Sprint - si vu ple.

Keeping my fingers crossed . . .
    Pilot 1000=>Pilot 5000=>Palm IIIx=>Palm Vx=>Palm 505m=>Treo 600=>Treo 650=>Treo 700wx=>Treo 755p=>Palm Pre=>Palm Pre 2
    yup. After watching the three youtube vids I am 90% certain I will follow the HPre3 to Atat (if sprint doesn't offer it).

about the engadget dudes remark on the third vid... I'm wonder if he "says" that stuff just not to be rude the the HP demo'er standing right behind him. BUT if he does I hope he gets an early release Pre3 and really put it through it's paces.

I can't wait to try out the keyboard!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    All the negativity around here is boring. I saw the next smartphone I want and it's the PRE 3!! Its solid specs, great webos experience, future software upgrabeable (to webos 3.0 etc) and hopefully available on Sprint sooooooooon!
    I'm with you brother!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    It better come out on Sprint! It's exactly what I wanted as a successor to the Pre. I'll be in line on release date, just like I was for the original Pre. I never thought I'd want a tablet, but now I may spring for a TouchPad too. Pre3 is first priority, though. I'm willing to wait, but Sprint may lose a 12-year customer if it doesn't pick up the Pre3!
    it better come and soon!!!!!
    oh and and Sprint! or bye bye palm
    My soul aches for a Pre 3 and a Touchpad to go with it

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    i think i will get a Pre3 if it comes with WiMax on Sprint. It has pretty much everything i wanted (better camera, front cam, bigger/better screen, fast processor). If it comes on Sprint without WiMax, i am gonna have to think about it...especially if i am going to be "stuck" with this phone for 2 years.

Apps arent a huge deal to me as i plan on buying a tablet along with a phone this summer.
    Last edited by Riboflavin; 02/13/2011 at 10:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lexart View Post
    On Sprint - si vu ple.
    I had to say that out loud to work out what it meant! :P
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    As long as Verizon picks up the Pre 3 I'm good. I have been looking at the specs and it looks like the Pre will hold its own despite the interminable wait imposed by the mensa society that is HP. The larger screen, very fast processor, improvements to an already vastly underrated WebOS, better fit and finish, larger keyboard all of those tweaks add up to what should be a solid phone. As long as HP SUPPORTS its product I think I'll be quite happy with the Pre 3. Android has nice hardware, but if anyone else is like me, you can have all the bells and whistles in the world and they don't amount to a hill of beans if you never use them! The Pre gives me what I need and alot of what I want in a neat package. Cheers!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast