Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Rumor has it those two customers bought Droids! ROFL --> j/k
    lol, pretty good find.

ET
    Oh n0es!! The VZ iP4 was not the "all ending devastator" as sworn by some here. Kinda sad really. Proof that VZ is a Droid shop and I'd bet those *masive* pre-orders (200,000?) are ATT users who are trying now use their iP4 as a PHONE now.

Verizon iPhone hits the streets, fails to gather crowds (video) -- Engadget

This weak launch also cost Apple $10B (yes, billion) in market cap.

Snapshot of an Apple flash crash - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Tech

P.S. Mwahahahahahaa...!! FAIL! weaksauce! Uber-fail! etc, etc....
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I think what happened here is that people are actually starting to learn and listen to the internet. I have friends that work for VZW and they all texted me in disbelief Thursday morning. My response? Oh wow, well I guess Android has spoken and people don't want tech that is set to expire in a few months.

I'm obviously not the majority but I cant tell you have many times I heard, why buy the iPhone 4 when the 5 is right around the corner. Or this is nothing new its just the same iPhone 4 on Verizon's network. How about, its not even a "4G" phone, wait for LTE.

I think the masses heard this and well didn't line up. Don't get me wrong I think sales will be strong but a typical iphone launch this aint.

Oh and yeah I want a Pre cubed but there is no way there are gonna be lines for this thing. I have a feeling those days are over for this market. With online pre orders and online pre-sales...who needs to freeze their *** off in the cold?
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
    I think what happened here is that people are actually starting to learn and listen to the internet. I have friends that work for VZW and they all texted me in disbelief Thursday morning. My response? Oh wow, well I guess Android has spoken and people don't want tech that is set to expire in a few months.

I'm obviously not the majority but I cant tell you have many times I heard, why buy the iPhone 4 when the 5 is right around the corner. Or this is nothing new its just the same iPhone 4 on Verizon's network. How about, its not even a "4G" phone, wait for LTE.

I think the masses heard this and well didn't line up. Don't get me wrong I think sales will be strong but a typical iphone launch this aint.

Oh and yeah I want a Pre cubed but there is no way there are gonna be lines for this thing. I have a feeling those days are over for this market. With online pre orders and online pre-sales...who needs to freeze their *** off in the cold?
    IDK, they would not have been cold sitting in the Mall of America. It's quite comfortable in there (even if the ride to the mall is not). Anyway, I think this boils down to something much simpler.

If the world sees a very impressive magic trick today, the same trick will simply not be as impressive when done by a different person the following day.
    Haha, very entertaining. I'm always entertained by the number of people that go to the MoA. Personally, I avoid the place, LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
    +1

I'd be willing the wager come iP5 launch the lines will be long as the faithful come out of the woodwork.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    Haha, very entertaining. I'm always entertained by the number of people that go to the MoA. Personally, I avoid the place, LOL.
    I did the same (except for the occasional movie) when I lived in MN.
    Here's a CNET liveblog of the launch that further shows just how weak this launch was...

Verizon iPhone goes on sale (live blog) | Signal Strength - CNET News

(I've got to find that post that said something like "Phone Armageddon is here with Verizon iPhone.)
    I think most of the people that just had to have a iphone4 already have ATT phones and aren't inclined to pay ETFs just to switch to verizon.

If/when the iphone5 comes out, there will likely be more demand at both ATT and Verizon.

-Suntan
    you guys do realize Verizon opened the door to existing customers for pre-orders online so many people wouldn't have to wait in line at stores? You do also realize that there were so many orders in the first 3 hours that Verizon's servers were overloaded and went down? (not their network)
    Quote Originally Posted by ppp2 View Post
    you guys do realize Verizon opened the door to existing customers for pre-orders online so many people wouldn't have to wait in line at stores? You do also realize that there were so many orders in the first 3 hours that Verizon's servers were overloaded and went down? (not their network)
    Still, judging from their setup, they were "expecting" long lines. Did you see the blue shirts all over the place to serve a handful of people?
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    IDK, they would not have been cold sitting in the Mall of America. It's quite comfortable in there (even if the ride to the mall is not). Anyway, I think this boils down to something much simpler.

If the world sees a very impressive magic trick today, the same trick will simply not be as impressive when done by a different person the following day.
    Yep, I quite like the MoA when I was there. Very nice!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    They were expecting huge lines. They had all staff on deck, a numbering ticket system setup, hell even hand warmers.

This one didnt turn out as expected. But like I said before I think it doesnt matter much. I almost caved and got one only to learn that there was no one year contract option with this phone. No way Im tying up one of my lines for 20 months.
    They even had stanchion roping in the back ground to help form lines like they expected a big crowd.
    this is hilarious! I seriously didn't know the blow out was this bad for the iPhone 4 Viz. My Pre wait was I think 9 people (were there was only 9 Pre's) and guess who was first in line.... ME!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    Looks like you might be right...maybe. The LG Optimus 3D is looking pretty nice.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I don't know if the orders were all upgrades or new accounts, but I am thinking its people buying the phones to sell at a increased mark-up thinking the phone will have such high demand and limited numbers.

I don't know what Verizon is thinking by releasing pre2 and iphone months before the next gen phones are going to be released.