Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    ermm.. I don't know about you, or anyone else, but F105 has been a savior. It makes me proud to own my pre+. Faster processors are always better. Always!

I hear what you're saying, too. But just remember a few things: 2.1.0 fixes a lot of issues, and while creates new ones, Pre 3 will be shipping with 2.2. Also, it will be getting WebOS 3.0. So I'm not sure how your argument stands when you think about that. Also remember that even dual core Android phones do not take advantage of multiple cores as efficiently as, say, Windows does. Pre 3 screams with 1.4ghz in its single core, and will more than likely be overclocked to 2ghz.
    you mean just like the pre/pre+ were supposed to get 2.x?

with HPalm, i've learned to take a "i'll believe it when i see it" approach.

what concerns me is that the only product running 3.0 has a dual core processor. what if somewhere down the line we learn that only HP phones with dual core processors will be able to upgrade to 3.0?
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    Here are my complaints, some of which require more testing before they can actually be complaints:

1. Qualcomm Processor- I am really excited about this device, but would have had no doubt about purchasing one if it had any other processor on Earth. Qualcomm has a 100% reliable history of making <bad> GPU's, which I really do use since I like to play games on my phone on downtime. Their CPU's are ok, but TI OMAP has already surpassed the power of their CPU's, and that's what Palm was using, I have no clue why HP chose Qualcomm. That's the worst possible processor company in the world. Not to mention that they have horrible battery life. Look at HTC Evo, INcredible, HTC Evo Shift, HTC Hero, HTC.... everything. HTC only uses Qualcomm and they have the worst performance of any Android devices on market. (GPU wise. CPU is ok) (oh, and they have the worst battery life too)

2. I kinda wanted to see one without a hardware keyboard. Enough said.

3. Camera Quality- I know 5MP is plenty. I like my iPhone's 5MP and my Epic's 5MP. They rock. However, the Evo's 8MP sucks, incredible's 8MP sucks, HTC's everything sucks in reagrd to camera. Why? I'm guessing the processor can't handle fine image processing. Same with video recording. So I guess this is again related to my #1 gripe.

4. Carrier choice. I want to know who the hell is going to have this phone. In my case I hope Verizon does. Sprint should too, but I just left Sprint. And I am being selfish. I want it on Verizon. They better not have exclusivity agreements. That will ruin them AGAIN. They need to reach the widest base ever in order to really make this take off.

5. I still want to see more apps. They have really done well with the new Enyo platform. I just hope that seals it.

That is all.

I guess my ONLY real gripe is with Qualcomm. I hate them. Why can't they just make a competent GPU?????!!!!??!!!? And actually have a processor that performs????? I am guessing that's the reason HTC devices suck so much. Because they just use Qualcomm so they have bad battery life, horrible graphics performance, bad image processing, horrible video processing.... I could go on for days.
    1. Processor Helps Phones function faster although High end processors mean jack when it comes to running on an OS. That is why Android phones run slow and the spec race will continue to happen until the average user realizes specs mean nothing.

2. I agree. Pysical Keyboard = old school.

3. Reason Iphones 5MP Camera is better than Androids 8MP camera is the OS/Software is clean compared to androids clunky OS.

4. I think HP will release a GSM and CDMA version. But who knows.

5. Apps are important but really I thought the same way until I realized I don't really use apps. I do think webos needs more high-quality apps. We don't need 1 million apps, we just need 1,000 apps that work well.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/18/2011 at 12:56 PM. Reason: edited quoted text
    Quote Originally Posted by barry1685 View Post
    If you strip down an android device with no widgets, yes it will render fine. Although one solid test is to open the app view and pan through.
    I have picture Widgets, weather Widget, music Widget, favorite widget, Calender widget, and many other icons on my homescreens and my phone is smooth as butter.

Sent from my EVO Shift 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by barry1685 View Post
    If you strip down an android device with no widgets, yes it will render fine. Although one solid test is to open the app view and pan through.
    I had a EVO Shift too and had widgets everywhere with no lag at all. I took it back though and only thing I miss about it was the lag free experience. 3D games ran great with the second gen snapdragon too. So I'm not too worried about a qualcomm chip on the Pre3 I just hope it comes to Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by ebender1965 View Post
    What is there to complain about, the phone has not been released yet. 8-)
    Hi all,

All too often people need something to complain about...if all you have to complain about is a phone that has yet to be released..then you people need to get a life...

Take care,

Jay

PS to those of you who are saying this phone should have been released a year ago...HELLO..Palm almost went out of biz...be happy they didn't!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    I had a EVO Shift too and had widgets everywhere with no lag at all. I took it back though and only thing I miss about it was the lag free experience. 3D games ran great with the second gen snapdragon too. So I'm not too worried about a qualcomm chip on the Pre3 I just hope it comes to Sprint
    I agree, its HTC Sense that is great unlike Samsung's toucwiz and Motoblur which put a layer on top of andriod and bug it down

thats why everyone wants STOCK Android. For you guys on the HTC shift, if you bake a stock rom into it, Your device will fly even faster than it is now since it does not have to render the HTC Sense code
    This is the 110th complaint thread post about a phone that almost none of us have ever seen...
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    This is the 110th complaint thread post about a phone that almost none of us have ever seen...
    Soooo are you complaining? LOL
    Oh and to those of you who don't want a keyboard, just leave it closed ?
    Hi all,

[B]Some of the people here truly have screwed up priorities. [/B]
    Many of you need to take a deep breath...after all it is only a phone!

2 years ago, My Mom who will be 88 in a few months, had a heart attack and a stroke, just after knee surgery. ...I am her sole care giver..my sister couldn't be bothered, (shame on her, but that's another story). I do all of the cooking, shopping, laundry, all of my Mom's physical therapy daily, (as well as I have to fit in time to do my own PT)....

3 times in 17 days, that she was in the hospital, they told me she wouldn't make it thru the night and she did..she had to stay in an inpatient rehab unit for 59 days. I was there 14 hours every day, every day,...mind you all of this and I am disabled myself....She then was home for 2 weeks and almost died from a MRSA infection....I found her passed out on her bedroom floor at 3 am, the treatment made her almost catatonic...and again they thought she was dying!

I chose to do this, b/c that is what you do for people that you love....I'm doing it as an example for my nephews...I'm doing it b/c both times when I had my spinal surgeries., my parents took care of me...I was in a body cast for over 7 months the second time., (after the 1st surgery I was so weak, I couldn't pick my dinner plate more than an inch off the table.......(I was 35 & 44, (imagine at those ages, I needed my parents to help me manage to go to the bathroom...there were days, I wanted to die, b/c they pain was so bad...but you learn to cope with it....)).

My Mom is great about it all, she still has her mind, her friends, and as she says so what if I have to wear depends....

I still cannot contact my friends in Japan....it is the anniversary of the death of my wonderful dad who I miss so, as well as what would have been his 92nd b'day....and the anniversary of the murder of one of my dearest friends...My g/f's parents who live 300 miles from here...Her mom has cancer and is undergoing treatment and her Dad just had a heart attack and diagnosed with several blockages and had severely stents inserted....

Mom has been hospitalized 14 times in the last 17 years and had 9 surgeries...I was also caregiver to my dad when he was dying of cancer....

WITH ALL OF THIS GOING ON IN MY LIFE, I MARVEL AT THE FACT PEOPLE ARE CARRYING ON OVER A SMARTPHONE THAT ISN'T YET FOR SALE.

Now that I got that off my chest, (there is no guilt like Jewish guilt, trust me I know, after all we invented guilt)!

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    So about that Pre 3.........
    If the stats are correct on the Evo 2, or Evo 3-D or whatever, the Pre 3 is going to have to be priced very competitively to compete.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456