Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 111
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    Here are my complaints, some of which require more testing before they can actually be complaints:

    1. Qualcomm Processor- I am really excited about this device, but would have had no doubt about purchasing one if it had any other processor on Earth. Qualcomm has a 100% reliable history of making <bad> GPU's, which I really do use since I like to play games on my phone on downtime. Their CPU's are ok, but TI OMAP has already surpassed the power of their CPU's, and that's what Palm was using, I have no clue why HP chose Qualcomm. That's the worst possible processor company in the world. Not to mention that they have horrible battery life. Look at HTC Evo, INcredible, HTC Evo Shift, HTC Hero, HTC.... everything. HTC only uses Qualcomm and they have the worst performance of any Android devices on market. (GPU wise. CPU is ok) (oh, and they have the worst battery life too)

    2. I kinda wanted to see one without a hardware keyboard. Enough said.

    3. Camera Quality- I know 5MP is plenty. I like my iPhone's 5MP and my Epic's 5MP. They rock. However, the Evo's 8MP sucks, incredible's 8MP sucks, HTC's everything sucks in reagrd to camera. Why? I'm guessing the processor can't handle fine image processing. Same with video recording. So I guess this is again related to my #1 gripe.

    4. Carrier choice. I want to know who the hell is going to have this phone. In my case I hope Verizon does. Sprint should too, but I just left Sprint. And I am being selfish. I want it on Verizon. They better not have exclusivity agreements. That will ruin them AGAIN. They need to reach the widest base ever in order to really make this take off.

    5. I still want to see more apps. They have really done well with the new Enyo platform. I just hope that seals it.


    That is all.

    I guess my ONLY real gripe is with Qualcomm. I hate them. Why can't they just make a competent GPU?????!!!!??!!!? And actually have a processor that performs????? I am guessing that's the reason HTC devices suck so much. Because they just use Qualcomm so they have bad battery life, horrible graphics performance, bad image processing, horrible video processing.... I could go on for days.

    The GPU in the Pre3 looks OK... better than evo etc.... they have the 200 series and the Pre3 has the Adreno 205

    What is Adreno 205 and how does it compare to other GPUs? - Smartphone Benchmarks (SmartBench 2010/Quadrant) Forum

    more can be read there...

    Touchpad has the 220 and I wish the Pre3 would have the 220 as well
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/18/2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: edited quoted text
  2. #82  
    Hey guys how can we have a complain on a product that is not available yet to the US market....????
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by tungsten C View Post
    Hey guys how can we have a complain on a product that is not available yet to the US market....????
    It's running webOS, and people love to hate webOS.

    Alternatively:

    It's got a CPU faster than anything else on the market now or in the foreseeable future, which is why it would only have been adequate if it had been released a year ago, but not even then.

    It's got a Qualcomm SOC, which people were loudly and explicitly clamoring for in hundreds upon hundreds of posts on this forum when webOS devices were exclusively running on OMAP SOCs. For instance, the 1GHz Snapdragon in the Evo is a real powerhouse while the 1GHz OMAP in the Pre 2 is a bad joke and should have shipped in the original Pre. Now that people got the Snapdragons they ordered, Snapdragon sucks and OMAP would have been better.

    It's bigger than 3", which means it's too big. It's smaller than 4", which means it's too small.

    It's got a glass screen which is inferior to plastic because it's going to shatter easily. If it had a plastic screen, it would be inferior to glass because it's going to scratch easily.

    It's black. Apple devices come in choices of black and white, at least if white is ever going to be released. If not, black is enough for an iPhone because it's popular, but not enough for a Pre because it's not.

    It's got a keyboard. People don't want keyboards, so the Pre 3 is stupid. HP is stupid because they didn't listen to the market and didn't simply make a keyboard-less slab that looks just like the iPhone. People would have liked that.

    (TouchPad edition: It looks just like an iPad and doesn't differentiate too much. Visionless me-too devices will never sell if users can just buy the real deal.)

    It's got shoddy build quality. People who've held it say something else, but what do they know.

    It's too little, too late. HP isn't trying hard enough. There aren't enough webOS devices around to make the platform interesting for anybody. There's no ecosystem.

    HP putting webOS on every PC they sell (two a second) is stupid because nobody wants webOS, so it doesn't make any sense for them to try and sell more devices running it. HP is trying too hard. People don't like that.
  4. #84  
    The post above mine is full of win.
  5. #85  
    The post above mine about the post above mine is exceedingly accurate.
  6.    #86  
    <<thread unstuck>>
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    It's running webOS, and people love to hate webOS.

    Alternatively:

    It's got a CPU faster than anything else on the market now or in the foreseeable future, which is why it would only have been adequate if it had been released a year ago, but not even then.

    It's got a Qualcomm SOC, which people were loudly and explicitly clamoring for in hundreds upon hundreds of posts on this forum when webOS devices were exclusively running on OMAP SOCs. For instance, the 1GHz Snapdragon in the Evo is a real powerhouse while the 1GHz OMAP in the Pre 2 is a bad joke and should have shipped in the original Pre. Now that people got the Snapdragons they ordered, Snapdragon sucks and OMAP would have been better.

    It's bigger than 3", which means it's too big. It's smaller than 4", which means it's too small.

    It's got a glass screen which is inferior to plastic because it's going to shatter easily. If it had a plastic screen, it would be inferior to glass because it's going to scratch easily.

    It's black. Apple devices come in choices of black and white, at least if white is ever going to be released. If not, black is enough for an iPhone because it's popular, but not enough for a Pre because it's not.

    It's got a keyboard. People don't want keyboards, so the Pre 3 is stupid. HP is stupid because they didn't listen to the market and didn't simply make a keyboard-less slab that looks just like the iPhone. People would have liked that.

    (TouchPad edition: It looks just like an iPad and doesn't differentiate too much. Visionless me-too devices will never sell if users can just buy the real deal.)

    It's got shoddy build quality. People who've held it say something else, but what do they know.

    It's too little, too late. HP isn't trying hard enough. There aren't enough webOS devices around to make the platform interesting for anybody. There's no ecosystem.

    HP putting webOS on every PC they sell (two a second) is stupid because nobody wants webOS, so it doesn't make any sense for them to try and sell more devices running it. HP is trying too hard. People don't like that.
    Lmao!! this is the best post in the history of post.(in my peter griffins voice) That is exactly what is going on with people and the pointless,and empty excuses about why they hate or think Hpalm/WebOS is not worth their time.But they spend so much of that precious time bad mouthing a product that they supposedly gave up on x amount of days!! smh! I have a complaint about the Pre3.My complaint is that the Pre3 will never be good enough for many a women scorned! Yes I said it!!

    ---WebOS-is-the-best!!!---
  8. #88  
    I guess the real complain here is that you guys are complaining for the heck of it.
  9. #89  
    No complaints here about the pre 3, I just wont' be getting one. Not knocking anybody else for wanting one just like you shouldn't knock anybody who doesn't.
  10. #90  
    I suppose I'm superficial but my main complaint is the front bezel looking awful. I thought they got it perfect with the Pre 2 so I was disappointed by this design choice.

    (I will still buy one the second it becomes available on Sprint.)

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Come play with my Twitter.
  11. #91  
    I'd say the lack of memory within the device (16GB for a flagship phone is laughable) and the lack of a RAM upgrade from the Pre 2 are very legitimate gripes. And please don't say "the Pre 2's 512 RAM is just fine, so why would they upgrade it?" That is a very flawed argument. What works today, especially in the technology market, is never sufficient enough tomorrow.
    Last edited by DSulls; 03/15/2011 at 10:02 AM.
  12. #92  
    I get really annoyed when I hear about people complaining about hardware and how phones need better hardware when it lies mainly on the OS. I doubt a faster processor is going to fix the original Webos fuzzy picture problem. These little problems are all flaws in the OS. This is also why Ios is way better than android. Its not clunky or slow when panning.
  13. #93  
    ermm.. I don't know about you, or anyone else, but F105 has been a savior. It makes me proud to own my pre+. Faster processors are always better. Always!

    I hear what you're saying, too. But just remember a few things: 2.1.0 fixes a lot of issues, and while creates new ones, Pre 3 will be shipping with 2.2. Also, it will be getting WebOS 3.0. So I'm not sure how your argument stands when you think about that. Also remember that even dual core Android phones do not take advantage of multiple cores as efficiently as, say, Windows does. Pre 3 screams with 1.4ghz in its single core, and will more than likely be overclocked to 2ghz.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  14. verno329's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #94  
    Well webOS is great software but it has been effected negatively by the hardware of my Pre- (without patches etc it would be frustrating beyond belief) so I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs on better hardware. A great phone is a mix of both hardware and software. One that is superior to the other will leave the phone as a whole lacking.
  15. #95  
    All I have to say is the only reason I own a palm/hp phone is because of its intuitive UI with I think the iOS lacks. But the iOS has zero flaws in its OS. The Iphone is not even powerful but its OS is so clean it runs flawlessly.
  16. Mikest's Avatar
    Posts
    429 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #96  
    I certainly agree software is much more important than hardware, which Is why I've stuck with my Pre Minus all this time. I love the OS. There are Android phones out there with much higher specs that lag just as much if not more than a stock Pre.

    I also though wouldn't turn my nose up at faster hardware running a OS I already love
  17. verno329's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    I certainly agree software is much more important than hardware, which Is why I've stuck with my Pre Minus all this time. I love the OS. There are Android phones out there with much higher specs that lag just as much if not more than a stock Pre.

    I also though wouldn't turn my nose up at faster hardware running a OS I already love
    +1 Said perfectly. I'm still using 1.45 on my Pre- so the upgrade to 2.x will be just as important to me as the new hardware.
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    There are Android phones out there with much higher specs that lag just as much if not more than a stock Pre.

    Shenanigans on that. My EVO Shift has NO lag at all.
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Shenanigans on that. My EVO Shift has NO lag at all.
    If you strip down an android device with no widgets, yes it will render fine. Although one solid test is to open the app view and pan through.
  20. h-cubed's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    #100  
    Cant complain about something I dont have, except for complaining I dont have it!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions