Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 111
  1. #61  
    the only complaint I have is the time freame they will release it.This summer? Not good at all.It might be irrelevant by then.Why would they leave the veer to fight alone? It will def loose the fight.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Different Drummer View Post
    I'll take a chance at getting chastised here.
    I have a question, not a complaint. I am sure someone visiting this thread to complain can answer.
    Will I be able to do voice to text with the Pre3?
    If I can will it need a patch or a lot of modifying?
    Thanks
    I don't think you're going to get a direct answer to this, because the SDK for 2.0 is still under NDA, and (most) of those that have seen the next releases of the OS are as well.

    Voice dialing has been confirmed to be on the device. From that, you might draw an inference that it's definitely possible. History has already shown that if HP/Palm won't do certain things, the homebrew community seems quite willing and able to step up.

    Now it appears that HP is even supportive of their efforts.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
    Sorry, but the days of comparing specs line by line are over. Look at the Nokia N8, that thing has got *some* specs that put a LOT of phones to shame:

    12MP Autofocus Camera w/ Xenon Flash
    Bluetooth 3.0
    Pentaband 3G radio (works on T-Mobile AND AT&T in the US)
    Unibody Aluminum Construction
    USB On the Go
    HDMI Out

    And I wouldn't trade a Pre Minus for that POS. IMO, it's more about how the whole product works together, and if people want to **** and moan about how the 1.4GHz processor in the Pre3 isn't as fast as the 1.2GHz Dual-Core in the Galaxy S2, go ahead.
    lol those specs suck. the most important things are cpu (dual-core) which android 3.0 will take advantage of, GPU, and ram.

    android 3.0 will give webos a run for its money in all areas.
  4. #64  
    My complaint is the its not out yet and that its not out on Sprint yet
  5. #65  
    I am blown away by the overwhelming negativity of the folks on this forum! Does the Pre 3 have world-beating, cutting edge technology? Not really. I have looked over some of the tech specs on the Android phones to be released around the same time as the Pre 3 if not a little sooner and you know what? They numbers are comparable, however you would think that die hard Pre fans wouldn't overlook the BEST feature of Palm's brainchild: WebOS. Guys and gals its ALL ABOUT THE OS. I have tried fancy iPhones and Android phones and they both have very good hardware behind them but they lack one essential element and that is an operating system so good that you don't waste time quibbling over the (mostly) minor differences in tech hardware.

    WebOS is fluid, totally intuitive with a learning curve 80% shorter than the big two operating systems combined. Palm really created a work of art in the OS and while HP is a little behind the curve when it comes to hardware they will catch up once they realize how great an OS they have on their hands. Again, the best tech in the world won't mater if the UI sucks. Android is getting better but it isn't close to WebOS and iOS is the most overrated piece of crap out there. Some folks want raw power no matter what and they can have it. I'd rather have a GREAT OS backed by very good hardware, than a crappy, so-so, "I can tolerate this" OS backed by great hardware any day of the week.

    HP screwed up by making us wait but they will get it together soon enough. Patience grasshopper. Patience.
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by thecaringkind View Post
    I am blown away by the overwhelming negativity of the folks on this forum! Does the Pre 3 have world-beating, cutting edge technology? Not really. I have looked over some of the tech specs on the Android phones to be released around the same time as the Pre 3 if not a little sooner and you know what? They numbers are comparable, however you would think that die hard Pre fans wouldn't overlook the BEST feature of Palm's brainchild: WebOS. Guys and gals its ALL ABOUT THE OS. I have tried fancy iPhones and Android phones and they both have very good hardware behind them but they lack one essential element and that is an operating system so good that you don't waste time quibbling over the (mostly) minor differences in tech hardware.

    WebOS is fluid, totally intuitive with a learning curve 80% shorter than the big two operating systems combined. Palm really created a work of art in the OS and while HP is a little behind the curve when it comes to hardware they will catch up once they realize how great an OS they have on their hands. Again, the best tech in the world won't mater if the UI sucks. Android is getting better but it isn't close to WebOS and iOS is the most overrated piece of crap out there. Some folks want raw power no matter what and they can have it. I'd rather have a GREAT OS backed by very good hardware, than a crappy, so-so, "I can tolerate this" OS backed by great hardware any day of the week.

    HP screwed up by making us wait but they will get it together soon enough. Patience grasshopper. Patience.
    What Hp didn't realize that they inherited when they bought palm is that Palm (HP) users will never be satisfied.. The grass is always greener..

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  7. #67  
    At long last, a place to vent my frustrations over the company known as Palm.

    Having just been exposed to Palm's petulant press releases, I ponder how best to express my disgust at Palm's total lack of sensitivity and reasoning. Let me begin by citing a range of examples from the public sphere. For starters, Palm has, at times, called me "unruly" or "uncompanionable". Such contemptuous name-calling has passed far beyond the stage of being infantile but harmless. It has the capacity to encourage the acceptance of scapegoating and demonization.

    What I want to know is how many people have had their lives ruined by Palm. Dozens, unquestionably. Hundreds, very possibly. Thousands is not out of the realm of possibility. Regardless of the exact number, an armed revolt against Palm is morally justified. However, I warrant that it is not yet strategically justified.

    Palm claims that it's merely trying to make this world a better place in which to live. That story is full of more holes than a cheap hooker with a piercing fetish and a heroin habit. To paraphrase a line from Hamlet, "Stoicism, thy name is Palm". In spite of all Palm has done, I must admit I really like the organization. No, just kidding. The truth is that Palm keeps saying that we can change the truth if we don't like it the way it is. For some reason, Palm's helots actually believe this nonsense.

    I don't like to repeat myself, but I recently informed Palm that its proxies wage a clandestine guerilla war against many basic human rights. Palm said it'd "look further into the matter." Well, not too much further. After all, I am hurt, furious, and embarrassed. Why am I hurt? Because its "I'm right and you're wrong" attitude is gruesome because it leaves no room for compromise. Why am I furious? Because our real enemies are not people living in a distant land whose names we don't know and whose culture we don't understand. Our real enemies are Palm and all others who put the prisoners in charge of running the prison. And why am I embarrassed? Because the ultimate aim of Palm's plans for the future is to restructure society as a pyramid with Palm at the top, Palm's cat's-paws directly underneath, muddleheaded analphabetics beneath them, and the rest of at the bottom. This new societal structure will enable Palm to undermine the individualistic underpinnings of traditional jurisprudence, which makes me realize that it doesn't want us to deal with its wrongheaded half-measures on a case-by-case basis. It wants us to behave like sheep, not showing any inclination to saunter off in a direction other than that in which the shepherd (Palm) wants us to go. Palm intends to keep us sheep blissfully ignorant of the fact that I shall be blamed by ignorant persons when I say that its nutty precepts are forcing our nation to face embarrassment after embarrassment and disaster after disaster. Cruel as that maxim may appear, Palm's antics are not witty satire, as it would have you believe. They're simply the shiftless ramblings of something that has no idea or appreciation of what it's mocking.

    I've already said this a thousand times and with a thousand different phrasings, but I myself can't possibly believe Palm's claim that mediocrity and normalcy are ideal virtues. If someone can convince me otherwise, I'll eat my hat. Heck, I'll eat a whole closetful of hats. That's a pretty safe bet because if you think that Palm possesses infinite wisdom then you're suffering from very serious nearsightedness. You're focusing too much on what Palm wants you to see and failing to observe many other things of much greater importance such as that every so often, it tries caricaturing and stereotyping people from other cultures. Whenever it gets caught doing so it raises a terrific hullabaloo calculated to damn this nation and this world to Hell. My prediction that Palm would tell everyone else what to do came true so quickly, so brutally, so horribly, that even I was stunned by the magnitude and viciousness of it all. For better or for worse, Palm has a knack for convincing inarticulate numskulls that the purpose of life is self-gratification. That's called marketing. The underlying trick is to use sesquipedalian terms like "disproportionableness" and "anthropomorphologically" to keep its sales pitch from sounding contumacious. That's why you really have to look hard to see that Palm counts copro****ous headcases as its friends. Unfortunately for it, these are hired friends, false friends, friends incapable of realizing for a moment that Palm wants to address what is, in the end, a nonexistent problem. It gets better: It actually believes that its whinges will spread enlightenment to the masses, nurture democracy, reestablish the bonds of community, bring us closer to God, and generally work to the betterment of Man and society. I guess no one's ever told it that if it gets its way, we will soon be engulfed in a Dark Age of wowserism and indescribable horror. That's why I'm telling you that I, not being one of the many insidious con artists of this world, cannot compromise with Palm; it is without principles. I cannot reason with it; it is without reason. But I can warn it and with a warning it must surely take to heart: When I first became aware of Palm's covert invasion into our thought processes, all I could think was how if Palm were to get its hands on the levers of power it'd immediately suck up to satanic authoritarians. If you don't believe me then consider that its quips are continually evolving into more and more callow incarnations. Here, I'm not just talking about evolution in a simply Darwinist sense; I'm also talking about how if Palm can't stand the heat, it should get out of the kitchen. A final word: Palm leaves me no choice but to hide in a closet.

    The above is, of course, a joke. I hate whiners and complainers trashing forums. I thank the moderators of this forum for making a place to shovel all the complaint garbage for a phone that you cant even get yet.
  8. #68  
    911 Dude is my new hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
  9. h-cubed's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Okay, I loved the "Pre Cubed" line
    Ha! That means Me and Pre-Cubed were destined to be together!!
    Ħ╬čųβ£Δ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
  10. #70  
    This probably has something to do with the delay in releasing the Pre3. Found at the very bottom of the Palm info page for the Pre3 and the Touchpad. "This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained." It appears that they do not have FCC approval as yet.
    That could explain things.
    I did not see this mentioned for the Veer or of course the Pre2.
  11. #71  
    They should have just stayed quiet until they actually had a product to sell. There's a hilarious cartoon which makes valid points:

    Dump the Pre name, and go back to the Treo Brand.
    Have the product available TODAY.
    Have the product available on all carriers
    Have the product available in various colors.
    Have the product available in 32GB and 64GB versions

    That would work.
  12. #72  
    It is just frustrating as Palm was this tiny company, who created the Palm Pilot, and got it right. They kept pushing the envelope and came up with the Treo family of Smartphone, which raised the bar for everyone, including Apple. They had this operating system which worked well, and they milked that cash cow dry as a bone.

    Now, instead of being an innovator, they are now part of a company which is not in a position to move quickly.

    I think the Palm OS is BETTER than the Apple iOS, and all I want...

    ALL I WANT...

    Is a solution which gives me better choices in how I use my information, and ultimately, lets me shut up the smug iPhone users.
  13. #73  
    After only a week with a Pre2 I'm very excited about WebOS. Have been a Palm user since the beginning and I can't believe how slow they are moving with the Pre3. It should have been released in February and might have made some impact with good timing in relation to the Verizon iPhone. Hopefully the summer release is BEFORE the next Apple iPhone release but based on past experience it probably won't be.
  14. Olidie's Avatar
    Posts
    385 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #74  
    Dear Palm,

    Give me my Pre3, like NOW!!!
  15. wdiggums's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #75  
    seems i cant start my own thread yet. one precentral member had mentioned for those like myself on verizon who just got the pre plus in july or there abouts about getting an ipod touch.... in conjunction with the preplus the ipod touch is mind boggling its the best of both but have to have both devices. get the freetether program and you are now verizons worst nightmare, an unlimited data apple iphone running on their system. i kid you not... upsides and downsides, the ipod touch 4th gen isnt quite the iphone and the lowest level has 8 gigs storage next up is 32 for $299 or so... ok to the point instead of spending $649 off contract for verizone iphone or if you are able to upgrade from pree pixi plus preplus etc just grab the ipod touch 8 gig for around $205 on amazon or the like and wait out the storm till you are able to upgrade to pre3 or veer or by then the next gen from HP. the two devices itouch + preplus + free mobile hotspot or free tether really are greater than the sum of their parts. imho , for those thinking about the jump to iphone
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    That's one of the biggest complaints about it, lol. It should've been released a year ago. Too little, too late.
    Big Red just started carrying the P2, so that means another year...
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by ebender1965 View Post
    What is there to complain about, the phone has not been released yet. 8-)
    Erm...you must be new here...people on these forums complain about stuff that doesn't exist yet all the time ;-) For the Amerikanners it's the inherent sense of entitlement, for the rest of the world, IDK why they do it...LOL

    I don't think the Pre3 is stupid, it's most of us who are, hehe

    *ahem* Electronista reports, “‘HP will stop making announcements for stuff it doesn’t have,’ Apotheker said.”

    @ HP/Leo: Why not release the stuff you DO have?

    Yanno, there's a very specific reason Apple doesn't talk about much, if anything. And it has to do with money. LOTS of money.

    BTW my Pre3 can't make calls, or browse the web.
    Last edited by copasetic; 02/28/2011 at 12:35 PM.
  18. #78  
    only complaint is that i DO NOT HAVE ONE!!!!!!!
  19. #79  
    Here are my complaints, some of which require more testing before they can actually be complaints:

    1. Qualcomm Processor- I am really excited about this device, but would have had no doubt about purchasing one if it had any other processor on Earth. Qualcomm has a 100% reliable history of making <bad> GPU's, which I really do use since I like to play games on my phone on downtime. Their CPU's are ok, but TI OMAP has already surpassed the power of their CPU's, and that's what Palm was using, I have no clue why HP chose Qualcomm. That's the worst possible processor company in the world. Not to mention that they have horrible battery life. Look at HTC Evo, INcredible, HTC Evo Shift, HTC Hero, HTC.... everything. HTC only uses Qualcomm and they have the worst performance of any Android devices on market. (GPU wise. CPU is ok) (oh, and they have the worst battery life too)

    2. I kinda wanted to see one without a hardware keyboard. Enough said.

    3. Camera Quality- I know 5MP is plenty. I like my iPhone's 5MP and my Epic's 5MP. They rock. However, the Evo's 8MP sucks, incredible's 8MP sucks, HTC's everything sucks in reagrd to camera. Why? I'm guessing the processor can't handle fine image processing. Same with video recording. So I guess this is again related to my #1 gripe.

    4. Carrier choice. I want to know who the hell is going to have this phone. In my case I hope Verizon does. Sprint should too, but I just left Sprint. And I am being selfish. I want it on Verizon. They better not have exclusivity agreements. That will ruin them AGAIN. They need to reach the widest base ever in order to really make this take off.

    5. I still want to see more apps. They have really done well with the new Enyo platform. I just hope that seals it.


    That is all.

    I guess my ONLY real gripe is with Qualcomm. I hate them. Why can't they just make a competent GPU?????!!!!??!!!? And actually have a processor that performs????? I am guessing that's the reason HTC devices suck so much. Because they just use Qualcomm so they have bad battery life, horrible graphics performance, bad image processing, horrible video processing.... I could go on for days.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/18/2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: posting around language filters
  20. wdiggums's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #80  
    sorry from earlier , guys dont forget webos is linux based and some commands are prpriatry but its still open sourced , meaning u can still program your phone. when i was talking about ipod touch, make no mistake apple like microsoft you can not reprogram their code... the ipod touch is just a momentary fix , and hoprfully force hp to do the right thing ;-)
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions