Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    OK folks... these forums are about the equipment and not people. Please keep your comments appropriate and on-topic. This is not a thread for debating between platforms and/or equipment - we have forums for that. Please keep posts within the scope of the thread.
    my bad ! i will retract my statment ifins you would like ! promise
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  2.    #42  
    Not pointed at just you Shane, but a comment for the whole thread. Thanks though
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Not pointed at just you Shane, but a comment for the whole thread. Thanks though
    Make Shane retract his "I like turtles" statement.

Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Make Shane retract his "I like turtles" statement.

Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    I LiKE TURTLES and this WILL NOT be DICCUST any FURTHER !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    HP: webOS devices will ship within weeks after Feb. 9 event with Apple as target – MacDailyNews

Right there?

I don't know why you keep trying to argue what we know has been said committed to, and broken.
    Maybe you can call some of your pals into this thread and have them gang up on this.
    Power through numbers right?
    We just all pretend it didn't happen and it didn't?
    I don't know why you pretend to read these articles when it's apparent you don't, or maybe you just don't understand what you're seeing:

HP’s new CEO Leo Apotheker said in an interview late Thursday that at least some of the webOS hardware due at the February 9 event will ship quickly

The Veer is slated for "early Spring".

And no, I've never "called some of my pals" to a thread (bit of conspiracy theorist, aren't you?). Folks just naturally recognize silliness for what it is.

Now please, it's the complaint thread, not the "rant and try to prove HP's an evil liar" thread.

I'll give you this though, no big blue letters. That's an improvement.
    ....and 50 years from now is only 600 weeks....

The point is that weeks is expected to be less than a month in the tech world.

People should stop putting a spin on reality to make it okay that they lied....again
    Uh... no, "weeks" is not "expected to be less than a month in the tech world". Ya gotta quit making stuff up as you go.

Again, the Veer is slated for early Spring. That could easily mean April.
    The only complaint I have is they created an onscreen keyboard for the Touchpad, but not the Pre3? Come on, even the Blackberry torch has an onscreen keyboard, it looks stupid that I won't be able to type in landscape mode. Maybe when it's upgraded to 3.0 like the Touchpad it'll have an onscreen keyboard.
    My complaint is that they are yet to officially release a webOS device in Australia. We have to import them at full price & even get them registered overseas if we want access to the paid app catalog...then buy credit recharges from that country as well. They just don't make it easy.

When Palm announced the Pre, I asked if it would come to Australia and I was direct replied by Palm on Twitter that it would be here by Christmas. Didn't happen.

This time, I fully expect to import, pay full price & to hassle kind forum folks to buy me credit. Sorry in advance, but I wish that Palm made it easier for us.
    Brilliant design, so no need to change the hardware - it feels like it belongs in the palm of your hand - kind of natural.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    5mp camera? That's it?
    800480 resolution? That's it?
    Hopefully on-screen keyboard will come w webOS 3.0.
    Might as well be 4G/LTE. I don't use it much but people may see it as an inferior phone since most new ones have that capability. Plus, we on Sprint are already going to be paying that extra $10/mo.
    W all this said, it would be nice if it were available in a few weeks as Leo mentioned. That way the next phone would make out out sooner. And hopefully it's not called the Pre 4 w a 6mp camera, ~ 10,000 apps (of which 2% are useful), and still no virtual keyboard.
    They are being innovative w the touch to share but some people want a slimmer phone, no keyboard (add an extra phone so that we have options), better screen n camera resolution. If someone owns this device, he or she wants to be on the cutting edge of the smartphone tech, not simply on par.
    & In the meantime, Samsung Galaxy S2 Specs are released

* Powerful dual-core 1.2GHz Samsung Orion processor
    * Ultra sharp 4.3" Super AMOLED Plus screen
    * Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0
    * NFC technology for contactless payments and more
    * 1GB RAM lets you multitask with ease
    * Comes with Android 2.3 Gingerbread
    * 8MP camera with LED flash and 1080p video recording with 1.3MP front-facing camera for video calls

HPalm must be in cloud cookoo land...what were they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazo View Post
    5mp camera? That's it?
    800480 resolution? That's it?
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkiBluDawg View Post
    & In the meantime, Samsung Galaxy S2 Specs are released

* Powerful dual-core 1.2GHz Samsung Orion processor
    * Ultra sharp 4.3" Super AMOLED Plus screen
    * Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0
    * NFC technology for contactless payments and more
    * 1GB RAM lets you multitask with ease
    * Comes with Android 2.3 Gingerbread
    * 8MP camera with LED flash and 1080p video recording with 1.3MP front-facing camera for video calls

HPalm must be in cloud cookoo land...what were they thinking?
    +1
    Fastcompany likes what they heard on the 9th. 10 things that HP got right (and Apple didn't). Not written for a tech audience (more like a USA Today mini-story).

What I don't understand is why they didn't include wireless charging (touchstone) in the list...

Favorite quote:
    "Whatever Apple has planned for this summer, it had better be good; Palm has just put the Cupertino design legacy to shame."

What HP/Palm Got Right (That Apple Didn't) | Slideshows
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Sorry, but the days of comparing specs line by line are over. Look at the Nokia N8, that thing has got *some* specs that put a LOT of phones to shame:

12MP Autofocus Camera w/ Xenon Flash
    Bluetooth 3.0
    Pentaband 3G radio (works on T-Mobile AND AT&T in the US)
    Unibody Aluminum Construction
    USB On the Go
    HDMI Out

And I wouldn't trade a Pre Minus for that POS. IMO, it's more about how the whole product works together, and if people want to **** and moan about how the 1.4GHz processor in the Pre3 isn't as fast as the 1.2GHz Dual-Core in the Galaxy S2, go ahead.
    I'll take a chance at getting chastised here.
    I have a question, not a complaint. I am sure someone visiting this thread to complain can answer.
    Will I be able to do voice to text with the Pre3?
    If I can will it need a patch or a lot of modifying?
    Thanks
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - Thoreau
    ....and 50 years from now is only 600 weeks....
    actually it's 2600 weeks/ 600 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
    Sorry, but the days of comparing specs line by line are over. Look at the Nokia N8, that thing has got *some* specs that put a LOT of phones to shame:
    N8 had great specs, but looked terrible & the OS was uninteresting.

WebOS is great, but OS itself it cannot sell mediocre specced phones.
    If the hw specs does not interest NEW customers, carriers wont tie up with HPalm as no customers want the device, developers wont bother with apps. Same old vicious circle of failure.

Personally for my next upgrade, I want 1080p video recording, atleast 10megapixels autofocus camera..Not much to ask these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    actually it's 2600 weeks/ 600 months.
    burn
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    The Pre3 will be better than my Sprint Pre in every shape and way and going to be using that for 2 years, longest of any smartphone next to the Treo 650. Okokok my complaint is I not typing this posting with a Pre3 but having to do with with a Pre2. That cool?
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Fastcompany likes what they heard on the 9th. 10 things that HP got right (and Apple didn't). Not written for a tech audience (more like a USA Today mini-story).

What I don't understand is why they didn't include wireless charging (touchstone) in the list...

Favorite quote:
    "Whatever Apple has planned for this summer, it had better be good; Palm has just put the Cupertino design legacy to shame."

What HP/Palm Got Right (That Apple Didn't) | Slideshows
    Unfortunately, one of the things Apple usually does get right that HP didn't was time to release, key to making money. The devices need to be sold. Powerpoint slides are nice but do not generate revenue.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast