Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Unreasonable, unrealistic, or illogical complaints drive nothing.

"I would rather a Dual Core going in all their deviecs so that WebOS can become optimized for it" or "It should be Dual Core because more are moving that direction and thus its better marketability" are reasonable, realistic, understandable complaints.

"OMG! Its not dual core! Its not high end!" is not. Or "This is fail, its last year technology!" are not. If your argument is marketability, having the highest Ghz is marketable as high end. If you're talking comparable to other high ends, other makers such as Sony are using a lower clocked Snapdragon as their high end. If you're talking "old tech", again other high end/top end phones have been announced this year with the same tech at slower speeds.

"I think they should release a slab" or even "Its dumb to not launch another form factor" or possibly "Its dumb for them to try and continue a brand name that has negative mindshare" are all understandable criticisms or complaints that are realistic. "The Pre3 sucks because its not a slab!" isn't.

Suggesting that a phone has to outdo the Atrix...the only phone close to most of the high stats some peple are demanding...a month after its announced in every way or else its "fail" is not a realistic, understandable, or logical complaint.

Pointing out flaws, issues, or problems with a phone does help push innovation. However, you have to be realistic and objective in those complaints and you must also acknowledge reactions to past flaws.

Criticism of the Pre included things like its small screen. They adapted by making a bigger screen. Criticisms of the Pre included things like a cramped keyboard, so they've enlarged it. Complaints about the Pre was the build quality, these units are seemingly getting more positive first responses regarding sliding mechanisms, feel, and aesthetics such as the metal buttons and lack of usb flap. Criticisms of the Pre was the too many cards messages, they've upped the RAM and improved the software.

If they improve upon former criticisms, and you just continue to criticise the same things, it shows you're not looking to view it reasonably or objectively but instead just seeking to complain for the sake of complaining or because you've set expectations that are unrealistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    The Pre3 is stupid.
    It isn't stupid. It's just unique. The fact that it's different from you or it's little sisters Pre and Pixi doesn't make it stupid.

The Pre3 is special to his parents, and if we allow room for creativity and diversity in his early days... he could become president or cure a major disease some day. Truly, if you just spend a little time with Pre3 you will begin to appreciate his subtle qualities. Often times people who snap to judgement are secretly jealous or have a bit of Pre envy.

Edit: Sorry, I thought I was in OT.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I just hope that we can Pre order SOON! I may actually lose my upgrade due to there not being any other phones out currently that I want on Sprint and the Premier changes..
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I have to say I was in a state of depression on Thursday when I got to work. It may sound juvenile but I am really disappointed to the point of wanting to kick and scream that None of the new HP stuff will be on Sprint.

I have been a Palm guy from way back. I even had the very first Palm phone. It was able to text and surf the net but all of that was so new it really didn't work. It evolved into the next generation of Palm phone and I immediately had to have one....about 6 months later a newer version came out...looked just like my other one only it was blue instead of brown and so on and so on.....We just accepted how they looked...it was what was inside that made the phone not the out side....SPRINT was the king of Palm phones... I guess the point I am trying to make is that I now the Pre 3 looks very much like the Pre minus, Pre Plus, Pre 2 but all are very different on the inside. The Pre 3 is so much more phone than any of the others and it is only the beginning of what will come down the pike. I will not leave Sprint just so I can own one. I have faith that they will come on board and get back into the game. Android is a very good OS but we all know that it is tweaked just a tad to accommodate what ever phone it is installed on and that has raised some issues. This is a very cool beginning to how we will use all of these devices and it reminds me of the Beginning of Digital Cellular. I was part of a company that was built from the ground up..we knew we had something very special and it was so much fun watching it grow into what it is today. We had texting, everyone did not. They said it was not a good way to communicate, we used it more than e-mail, everyone said that is what voicemail is for. Now look at all of us....we are on here crabbing because it doesn't have a gyroscope...LOL....I remember how we demonstrated using the phone to fax something and then Sprint came along and said they can do the same thing only better and during the demonstration they had a Bill Gates moment where it just wouldn't work and then went on local TV bragging how their phone service was tops and as they sat there didn't have any bars so the phone couldn't work. Things are so very different now...every morning I use my Pre Minus to watch Morning Joe on MSMBC while I get ready for work. I have a bracket in my car so I can use one of the many net radio apps to listen to my favorite sports station in another state streaming it through my blue tooth and then across my car radio.... I am surprised that my Pre Minus still works at all with how I use it...and TRUST me...there have been many days when it froze up on me that I wanted to throw it all the wall only to remember it is just technology...and I am asking it to do something it is capable of but only at a slower less than effective pace. It hasn't let me down so far so I cut it alot of slack.

I am like all of the rest of you I want it yesterday but as my sweet little old grandmother used to say "All things come to those who wait" I am keeping the faith... excited about getting to see this next phase of how we just simply use our cell phones and computers.....It is awesome and exciting from where I am sitting and I for one can not wait to get my hot little hands on a tablet.

Keeping the Faith.....
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Im sorry I just saw a wall of text but from what I gather you seem upset... j/k

But no one ever said the Pre3 was not going to be going to Sprint.
    Last edited by H Cubed; 02/11/2011 at 11:26 AM.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    I want pre3 on sprint not anothrr pretend lmao..if not I'm gona laim shananagins lol prob... Didn't spell it right but I'm gona...
    Quote Originally Posted by pohbil View Post
    I have to say I was in a state of depression on Thursday when I got to work. It may sound juvenile ...
    I stopped reading here, and figured it was much easier giving in that reading on.
    OK, you're right. You're juvenile.

On-and-still-off-topic: that post of yours will not be read as the structural lack of line breaks makes it unbearable to the eyes.
    Why such a small screen? Didn't we beg for a large screen. What happened to the 4 inch screens?

Now the TouchPad I am interested in.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Why such a small screen? Didn't we beg for a large screen. What happened to the 4 inch screens?

Now the TouchPad I am interested in.

Rob

Well, my hope is they will still be introducing, maybe even producing, the slab form phones yet this year.

Already presented:
    PreCubed: Portrait slider for the "legacy" Palm users who like the physical keyboards. Yes, "we" begged for a larger screen, but some want the Pre form, others want the slab.

Mini-Pre: small portrait slider

Tablet: Large ~10"

Yet to be announced:
    Tablet: Medium ~7" (leaked info, at least not discussed 2/9)

Slab: "mansion"? 4+ inch

Watch
    Toaster
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Since there seemed to be too much information for you to process in my last post I will be more direct....Stop crying and whining about when it is coming or when it is not coming or the screen is too small or OMG they didn't use this processor vs that processor. What a bunch of sissy little girls.....
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    It's a complaint thread. You're supposed to complain here. You're going off topic.
    OK, that was funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by t650man View Post
    At this point I'd be shocked to see it this summer due to the track record of this company.
    When has "this company" ever promised a time frame for a mobile device, and missed the announced time frame?
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Okay, I loved the "Pre Cubed" line
    It'll be alright HP webos and the pre3 will do great !! im positive . ;-)
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    When has "this company" ever promised a time frame for a mobile device, and missed the announced time frame?
    HP: webOS devices will ship within weeks after Feb. 9 event with Apple as target – MacDailyNews

Right there?

I don't know why you keep trying to argue what we know has been said committed to, and broken.
    Maybe you can call some of your pals into this thread and have them gang up on this.
    Power through numbers right?
    We just all pretend it didn't happen and it didn't?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    HP: webOS devices will ship within weeks after Feb. 9 event with Apple as target – MacDailyNews

Right there?

I don't know why you keep trying to argue what we know has been said committed to, and broken.
    Maybe you can call some of your pals into this thread and have them gang up on this.
    Power through numbers right?
    We just all pretend it didn't happen and it didn't?
    well it will be in about 16 weeks before they start shipping the pre3 and touchpad !! thats weeks right ?? ................... or no ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Big complaint: The devices aren't shipping for 4 months or more (I don't include the stupid veer).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    well it will be in about 16 weeks before they start shipping the pre3 and touchpad !! thats weeks right ?? ................... or no ??
    ....and 50 years from now is only 600 weeks....

The point is that weeks is expected to be less than a month in the tech world.

People should stop putting a spin on reality to make it okay that they lied....again
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    ....and 50 years from now is only 600 weeks....

The point is that weeks is expected to be less than a month in the tech world.

People should stop putting a spin on reality to make it okay that they lied....again
    No the point is he said weeks thats that !
    wait wait wait !!!............... you never lied to no one ?? come on !! tell the truth ! then you have no right to judge anyone lol .16 weeks or less is not that long in real time buddy lol granted i dont want to wait either . if you think they could do it a better way then go get Leo's job and do it the way you want !! oh yeah you cant ! why because you have no clue about the tech world except what you want ! thats it sir , face it .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  20.    #40  
    OK folks... these forums are about the equipment and not people. Please keep your comments appropriate and on-topic. This is not a thread for debating between platforms and/or equipment - we have forums for that. Please keep posts within the scope of the thread.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast