1.    #1  
    here's how my "palm day" went. I got back from class halfway through the keynote, and really liked what I was seeing. I am lovin the pre3 and early hands on impressions say it's good, and perhaps most importantly the build quality is good. I'm excited.

I read the precentral articles, look in the comments and my heart kinda sunk. Why does everybody hate it?

there is good pixel density, blazing performance, a seemingly good battery, front facing camera, autofocus camera,bigger keyboard, noise cancelling mics and more.

what did you expect? We know from day one that ruby thinks virtaul keyboards are cheesy, and it's made for typing performance so a slab is out of the question.

I think people just wanted an iPhone 4, with webOS. Well since that's never gonna happen,just get the iphone cuz apparently this isn't good enough. Did you want a dual core processor? 1.4 is good enough.

I can understand the 4G complaints, but that will cost me more and I'm broke so I don't care. So please, stop complaining that HP didn't copy apple, and that they chose to go their own path.
    people will always complain and will always want more. The same thing happens with every phone in every forum I go in lol. Its always split between the people who got what they wanted and the people who wanted something else. The thing is hp can make us all happy by just coming out with another phone to make both the slab fans and the portrait slider fans happy. I think hp already has one in line but maybe since they are seeing people demand it and demand earlier releases they will pick up some speed. They do read this stuff.

hp does have more money and connections than god. They could just put more money into getting the phones out quicker. Money is everything.
    Unfortunately, since a perfect device will never exists, there will be room for complaints. I think complaints are a good thing. They keep companies innovating. Of course, there are those who are skewed to the "glass-half-empy" view, and those people you can/will just ignore.

My biggest complaint about the Pre3 and TouchPad....is that its not in stores this weekend!
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    I thought the announcement was awesome. I'm really excited for what's on the horizon. I am a bit upset about the release being so unknown, and surely further back than anyone expected. I'm willing to wait, it's worth it. In the meantime, i'll be building some Enyo apps! :P
    I also was extremely excited by the announcement, then extremely disappointed by the childish reaction here on P|C. Thanks for this post.

Atleast I wont have to feel ashamed when I go buy the Pre3 that I was one of the haters on here.

Whats even funnier is these devices are getting almost universal praise on every other moibile forum or mobile blog. Even boy genius loves it and he's hard to impress. I'd say he usually feels what the "people" feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheese3915 View Post
    here's how my "palm day" went. I got back from class halfway through the keynote, and really liked what I was seeing. I am lovin the pre3 and early hands on impressions say it's good, and perhaps most importantly the build quality is good. I'm excited.

I read the precentral articles, look in the comments and my heart kinda sunk. Why does everybody hate it?

there is good pixel density, blazing performance, a seemingly good battery, front facing camera, autofocus camera,bigger keyboard, noise cancelling mics and more.

what did you expect? We know from day one that ruby thinks virtaul keyboards are cheesy, and it's made for typing performance so a slab is out of the question.

I think people just wanted an iPhone 4, with webOS. Well since that's never gonna happen,just get the iphone cuz apparently this isn't good enough. Did you want a dual core processor? 1.4 is good enough.

I can understand the 4G complaints, but that will cost me more and I'm broke so I don't care. So please, stop complaining that HP didn't copy apple, and that they chose to go their own path.
    I think people wanted to see multiple form factors. And in HP's defense. we still might see those multiple form factors in March. But the Pre 3 fixes a lot of issues the older WebOS devices had. Bad hardware, small screen and slow hardware. This is fixed. And as Jon pointed out, they missed a product pipeline last year. For all we know, a device similar to the Pre 3 WAS suppose to launch last year and the Pre 2 even earlier. But because of the buyout things were slowed down. And for all we know, they DO have more devices and phones to be released this year -- they probably didn't want to show us everything in one shoot.

And the 4G won't nec cost more. With or without 4G it will be 150-200 range. Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    hp does have more money and connections than god. They could just put more money into getting the phones out quicker. Money is everything.
    I don't think more money could get a device out faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    I don't think more money could get a device out faster.
    Well it actually could probably help as far as hardware. I agree though that it might not help software wise as sometimes with non-material things like software through more money or man power at them does not help.
    as far as im concerned, everyone complained about too small of screen real estate, they made a 3.6" screen with almost 2.5x the pixel density, complained about the keyboard that it was too small, they made the largest keyboard yet available on any of they're devices(which engadget describes as a pre keyboard on steroids), complained that the chipset didnt do the justice of the OS, they gave us a 1.4ghz chipset which to date is the FASTEST chipset for any mobile handheld, complained about the camera, gave us a 5MP camera with autofocus and forward facing 1.3MP camera for video calling... u can see my trend and what im doing here, and point being is that this company actually LISTENS to the community and when they give everyone a product that is a COMPLETE one over on an orginial good form factor, its only complaints... i absolutely LOVE it and like the pre- on sprint, i was first in line in my area to get it, and i will be first in line to get this device cuz this is all that and a bag of potato chips.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I think more money would definitely help solve dbd's problem.

But more money would not mean faster development times. From my understanding, you make a device, then test it. Tweak it then test it again. Keep doing that until it's just right. And they all ready added a bunch more staff. Developing a kill device takes time, no company can develop a rock solid, amazing device in less then a year. Apple didn't do it, Nintendo didn't do it, Sony hasn't done it and neither had MS with their Xbox. In fact most of those companies start development of the new product 3-4 years before they release it.

But more money would not mean faster development times. From my understanding, you make a device, then test it. Tweak it then test it again. Keep doing that until it's just right. And they all ready added a bunch more staff. Developing a kill device takes time, no company can develop a rock solid, amazing device in less then a year. Apple didn't do it, Nintendo didn't do it, Sony hasn't done it and neither had MS with their Xbox. In fact most of those companies start development of the new product 3-4 years before they release it.
    I wasn't being serious with that comment as it referred to dbd's Mrs.

But you cannot be serious comparing PS3's and X360's with a Pre...
    You could compare an iPhone with a Pre, but that's about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmleonar View Post
    as far as im concerned, everyone complained about too small of screen real estate, they made a 3.6" screen with almost 2.5x the pixel density, complained about the keyboard that it was too small, they made the largest keyboard yet available on any of they're devices(which engadget describes as a pre keyboard on steroids), complained that the chipset didnt do the justice of the OS, they gave us a 1.4ghz chipset which to date is the FASTEST chipset for any mobile handheld, complained about the camera, gave us a 5MP camera with autofocus and forward facing 1.3MP camera for video calling... u can see my trend and what im doing here, and point being is that this company actually LISTENS to the community and when they give everyone a product that is a COMPLETE one over on an orginial good form factor, its only complaints... i absolutely LOVE it and like the pre- on sprint, i was first in line in my area to get it, and i will be first in line to get this device cuz this is all that and a bag of potato chips.
    Exactly. But it won't be the fastest processor by the time it's released. Which is a lot of people complaints. But it is still by far the fastest processor on any WebOS device and will do wonders for the platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I wasn't being serious with that comment as it referred to dbd's Mrs.

But you cannot be serious comparing PS3's and X360's with a Pre...
    I know, I knew I should have quoted the other guys post. The second paragraph was actually to spectre686, sorry for that.

I am not comparing it. But I am stating that it takes time to develop any device, and the Pre 3 is no different. Look at the iPhone. They started developing that more then a year before it was released. The iPad at least a year. It takes time to make it right.

True. But it looks like they have the hardware pretty well designed It just needs to be brought to manufacturing standards and get the materials. Money speeds most of that up.

**EDIT***
    By hardware I mean the phones. The tablet as far as I read still needs some hardware work such as the beats audio, etc..
    I have no complaints about the phone it self I'm ready to put down money for Pre3 and Touchpad. My only beef is that when are they going to come out with it on Sprint. Sprint's modifications to the premier customer terms is gonna screw lot of people up if this phone is not offered soon. Plus the promises Ruby and Leo made, lies all lies, so much mis-communication within Palm. Battered sprint webOS owner syndrome here.
    I think there will ALWAYS be complaints, no matter what HP does. I got a feeling though if the Pre 3 was being released very close to the announcement date the complaints would have been cut in half.

ET
    This thread has gone too far off track. If you have a problem with a post, report it to a mod. Do not comment about it in the thread.

Thread closed