Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I'm on Sprint with a Pre (minus)....thinking about going to Verizon if the Pre3 goes there and not here....Everyone is always mentioning how much cheaper SPrint is....I was comparing it to VZW....please correct me if I;m wrong...

My SPrint Family Plan: $129 for 1500 shared mins, unlimited Data/TXT
    Verizon Comparable Plan: $129 for 1400 shared mins ($99 + $30), unlimited Data/TXT...

I fail to see the big difference here....what am I missing?
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Don't forget the now manditory$ 10 per month tax on smartphones on Sprint now. 4g or not, you'll get hit with it.

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    SO that means my Sprint bill will go to $149 ($10 for my Pre and $10 for wife's BB).....
    Verizon will be cheaper for me.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    anyone? what am i missing here?
    I think the new fees Sprint will be charging is the (price) changer as to them being the cheapest. I've been comparing and Sprint isn't so cheap anymore, but it will vary from person/package/family to person/package/family just what is the best value.
    I went to Verizon yesterday. Smartphones I thought had a separate data plan that was $30 each phone.

That is what they quoted me.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    I went to Verizon yesterday. Smartphones I thought had a separate data plan that was $30 each phone.

That is what they quoted me.
    COrrect, by in my case, SPrint's fmaily plan with 1500 and unlimited data is $129.
    Verizon's is $99 with 1400 mins...add unlimited data @ $30 and you got $129....

But when SPrint goes for the extra $10, my plan will go to $149....
    SPRINT has the following features in the family pln that are NOT available on Verizon

- 1500 minutes shared are for Landline and roaming only Mobile to ANy mobile on any network is free
    - Nights begin at 7
    - Unlimited GPS is included in the price
    - Unlimited data is unlimted for 4G for a 4G device running on 3G it is 5 Gb and on roaming you have 300 Mb
    - I don't believe unlimited texting is included in Verizon so I am going to add that
    - From April yearly upgrades are only allowed for $169.99 plans, 129.99 plans get only $75 off the price and not the price that is offered to new customers.
    Also, for Verison, $30 for unlimited data for 2 phones is a PROMOTION that has an end date so if you want Verizon you need to get it while it is being offered. For Sprint $129.99 includes unlimited Data for both lines every additional line is $20 (which includes unlimited data)
    Whoa. I got a $99 everything plan when I first got my Pre. Am I in for a rude awakening if I buy the Pre3?
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Whoa. I got a $99 everything plan when I first got my Pre. Am I in for a rude awakening if I buy the Pre3?
    Are you on Verizon or Sprint? $99 is unlimited talk and data plan on both carriers.
    Verizon Talk and Text Family Plan. 700 min $99.....1400 min $119. By your figures your having 2 data plans on Sprint and 1 data plan on Verizon, data on Verizon $29.99 EACH On Sprint you get 5 free Sprint Navigation on a family plan. On Verizon you pay $10 for each line for navigation. Happy shopping BTW loved the Adolfo vid
    does gps even work on verizon?
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    SPRINT has the following features in the family pln that are NOT available on Verizon

- 1500 minutes shared are for Landline and roaming only Mobile to ANy mobile on any network is free
    - Nights begin at 7
    - Unlimited GPS is included in the price
    - Unlimited data is unlimted for 4G for a 4G device running on 3G it is 5 Gb and on roaming you have 300 Mb
    - I don't believe unlimited texting is included in Verizon so I am going to add that
    - From April yearly upgrades are only allowed for $169.99 plans, 129.99 plans get only $75 off the price and not the price that is offered to new customers.
    yes, Unlimited txt is not included in VZW, but even if you add that ($20?) we are still looking at the SAME $149....for a 2 phone family plan...

I am comparing Sprint's plan:

Everything Data Family - 1500 min $129.99
    Any Mobile, Anytime nationwide
    Includes text, data and navigation

Grant total $129.99

With Verizion's plan:

Nationwide Talk & Text Family SharePlan - 1400 min $119.99
    Unlimited Calling to only Verizon Wireless Customers and 10 numbers (friends) on any network nationwide
    Data for 2 phones $59.98
    Navigation for 2 phones $19.98

Grand total $199.95
    The Sprint plan will be $149.99 with the new $10 "surcharge" per phone. As sapient2k7 posted above the Verizon pricing is for a limited time promotion.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Just bough a Pre+ on the board to replace my dying Pre minus....hopefully this will get me through the next Webos release on Sprint....
    I hope mine last too. I did a lot of calling around to different carriers and Sprint is still the least expensive choice (including the $10.00 data fee) for my husband and myself.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grnicat View Post
    I hope mine last too. I did a lot of calling around to different carriers and Sprint is still the least expensive choice (including the $10.00 data fee) for my husband and myself.
    Did the same thing.... oh well...now all we can do is wait for a webos phone on Sprint..
    Global Posts
    2,159 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    Don't forget the now manditory$ 10 per month tax on smartphones on Sprint now. 4g or not, you'll get hit with it.

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using Tapatalk
    +1

I'm amazed at how many people are complaining about not having a Pre3 on 4G. I hope that when I'm eligible for an upgrade next year, there will be Pre3's on 3G. My bill is high enough without any extra fees added on.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast