Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    I wonder what the excuse is going to be when the pre 3 fails to capture giant market appeal. Any guesses?
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  2. #2  
    Oh goodie, another . . . . <snip>. never mind.
    Soorma likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Laugh all you want....I said the same things about the pre plus and the pre 2.....ppl told me i was nuts. Trust me, in 6 months, I will be commenting on this topic again....it will most likely be a "I told ya so" post.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  4. #4  
    like to see it release in weeks to give it a better chance but i do believe that webos is not going to be picking up any market share for smartphones whether its release now or summer.
  5. #5  
    HP will be lucky to even keep the same % of the market share. And I wonder what happened to those people here said, HP has all the money in the world and HP will shock the world on Feb announcement.
  6. #6  
    It will be hard to predict what will happen 6months from now. Depends on how the competitors take this FYI HPalm gave them and want counter product they come up with. 6 months is such a LONG window of opportunity for them.....
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

    www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    It will be hard to predict what will happen 6months from now. Depends on how the competitors take this FYI HPalm gave them and want counter product they come up with. 6 months is such a LONG window of opportunity for them.....
    you sound like HP announced some ground breaking devices yesterday. You are joking? They introduced barely competitive current smartphone market with same old Pre design. In 6 months, everyone knows Pre 3 will be far behind on spec. And I don't think Pre has any competitors, atleast no smartphone companies out there consider HP as a threat in smartphone market after yesterday's big announcement.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    HP will be lucky to even keep the same % of the market share. And I wonder what happened to those people here said, HP has all the money in the world and HP will shock the world on Feb announcement.
    yeah i was really shocked....oh wait that was disappointment. more so for the summer release date tho.
  9. #9  
    At least Sprint has the dual screen monstrosity so it wont be the worst phone of the year.
  10. #10  
    Don't kid yourself. The reason Palm phones don't sell isn't because it doesn't have a 4.5" slab screen, dual core 2ghz processor, 64gb flash and whatever cutting edge specs. Plenty of Android phones have physical keyboards and outdated specs and sell fine.

    The problem is that customers will immediately ask the following:

    1. What the heck is "webOS"? Never heard of it.
    2. Can I run iPhone apps on it?
    3. No? What about Android apps?
  11. #11  
    I thought this was appropriate....
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I thought this was appropriate....
    I was huuuuuuuuuuge into Palm webos. As soon as i learned about the pre at CES09, i have spent hours upon hours upon hours on precentral praising the pre, excited for the pre. When 1.4? (The update with video capture? Whichever number that was) came out, I litterally stayed up until 2:30am knowing i had work the next day at 7am because I was excited about the update.

    Likewise, instead of sleeping at a decent time, I browsed the forums til 3am when I had work the next morning.

    It cracks me up how a nay-sayer is a troll. Jokes on you sir. Call me a troll all you want. I know the truth that I'm not. Just a very upset fan who lost faith in the platform. Time to move on.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Soorma likes this.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Don't kid yourself. The reason Palm phones don't sell isn't because it doesn't have a 4.5" slab screen, dual core 2ghz processor, 64gb flash and whatever cutting edge specs. Plenty of Android phones have physical keyboards and outdated specs and sell fine.

    The problem is that customers will immediately ask the following:

    1. What the heck is "webOS"? Never heard of it.
    2. Can I run iPhone apps on it?
    3. No? What about Android apps?
    I think your order is wrong.

    1. Where is webOS apps?
    2. Damn battery only last 5 hours a day.
    3. Phone randomly reboot, and it takes 5+ minutes to reboot.
    4. woohoo, true multitast. Oh damn, I got too many cards error message.
    5. Google map doesn't work.
    6. Music player sucks.
    7. Where is the apps?
  14. #14  
    Even if its released during the summer its still gonna be current. People act like in 6 month we'll be seeing phones with 6in screens with 4ghz processors and 20mp cameras. The droid bionic will probably come out a little before the summer and other than the dual core and the LTE the pre3 will match up well.
  15. #15  
    No worries they'll get all the "I cant use a virtual keyboard people"

    It's kinda 4g... hspa+ :P
    Has video chat...
    Has a mirror...
    ugh.

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    I was huuuuuuuuuuge into Palm webos. As soon as i learned about the pre at CES09, i have spent hours upon hours upon hours on precentral praising the pre, excited for the pre. When 1.4? (The update with video capture? Whichever number that was) came out, I litterally stayed up until 2:30am knowing i had work the next day at 7am because I was excited about the update.

    Likewise, instead of sleeping at a decent time, I browsed the forums til 3am when I had work the next morning.

    It cracks me up how a nay-sayer is a troll. Jokes on you sir. Call me a troll all you want. I know the truth that I'm not. Just a very upset fan who lost faith in the platform. Time to move on.
    lol, it was just a joke! It was nice one that was used quite a bit ago but then it fizzled out.

    I was just like you and stayed up till 3 am. I am glad though I'm making you crack up Just trying to bring some light into a shadowy thread.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  17.    #17  
    Remember this thread from 6 months ago? haha
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    SmartFah, Soorma and libray like this.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    Remember this thread from 6 months ago? haha
    What do you want, a cookie?
    How about an Oreo?
  19. gabe2gg's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    What do you want, a cookie?
    How about an Oreo?
    No, just a release date.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    Remember this thread from 6 months ago? haha
    I just saw this thread for the 1st time today, I thought it was a recent post. Then I looked at the date of the original post, and thought, wow!

    6 months later and we still don't know when this thing will be released. I love webOS, and I want to be optimistic, but it doesn't look good for the Pre 3. If it came out in June or July; that would have been great, especially since the new iPhone was no where in sight. But now it's pretty much getting launched around the same time as the new iPhone, (just like when the original Pre launched).

    I honestly don't see Verizon or AT&T putting any push behind the Pre 3. Especially when they know people will be banging down their doors, camping out days in advance for the new iPhone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions