Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This was just posted at the Palm blog:
    Yesterday was packed with announcements about our latest products, partners, and personnel. We heard some great feedback about the excitement around our news.

And we also heard some concerns and frustration about a few specific issues, such as a lack of detail around product availability timing and pricing, and especially about the absence of future over-the-air updates for older webOS phones.

Rest assured that the HP team has been hearing these concerns. To make the experience you’ll have with the Veer, Pre 3, and TouchPad as powerful as possible, we’ve had to make some tough decisions that had an impact on our earlier webOS devices.

Our original expectation was that we’d be able to support older phones as well as the new product line. But ultimately it became clear that we would need to choose between supporting the past with over-the-air updates and ensuring that our upcoming devices would live up to your hopes and expectations for them. It was a difficult and, frankly, painful decision for us, and we realize it was a frustrating outcome for many of you.

We’re working on something that we hope will help make things right for you. We’ll be sharing the specifics with you when they’re ready. Although some of the outcry has been a little hard to take, we also appreciate the fact that you care enough about what we’re doing to express your reactions. (And we even manage to get a chuckle out of some of your more pointed criticism – yes, jonnybryce, I’m talking about you.)

Jon Zilber
    The interaction is a reason to love the company, even if it's been swallowed by the behemoth known as HP. Seriously folks: this type of communication never happens in the Android world, from RIM, Nokia, and rarely from Apple.
    Nice to see, it really is, BUT TALK IS CHEAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    And they've been talking and talking and...

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    +1
    So what did jonnybryce say to get a special shoutout?
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    This will be quite the trick. What would make things right for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    The guy that put this video up.

II bet an overclocked pre plus especially wouldnt have any problems running Web OS 2.x but the problem is HP cant officially support overclocking. The Pixis and and the OG Pre may have trouble because of the lack of RAM but I bet it could still work atleast somewhat.

Maybe Im naive but I think HP actually tried to make it work on older devicess but given that they cant/wont officially support overclocking and other kernel modifications the older devices simply didnt have the juice and they didnt want to compromise the experience on the new devices and it took them until the last minute to realize this.
    So they address the concerns by doing nothing but saying that they will "work on" the issues?

They don't actually address anything just say they will.

More of the same.
    Great find and read. My current Sprint Pre is getting it done, so I will continue to have a life and look forward sporting the new Pre 3!
    Last edited by RoverNole; 02/10/2011 at 07:24 PM.
  12. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    They've heard NOTHING and they don't give a flying rat's *** about any of it. In fact, when people commented on their wall post about that above posting on their blog, they deleted everyones comments. And when people including myself pointed out that we don't appreciate them deleting our comments, especially in regards to a "we appreciate your comments" posting? THEY DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS OR POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS.
    Freaking hilarious!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Good letter. Thanks for the post. BTW, what did johnnybryce say?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Good letter. Thanks for the post. BTW, what did johnnybryce say?
    He posted a video (I have a link to it above, but here's one as well: )
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkj View Post
    II bet an overclocked pre plus especially wouldnt have any problems running Web OS 2.x but the problem is HP cant officially support overclocking. The Pixis and and the OG Pre may have trouble because of the lack of RAM but I bet it could still work atleast somewhat.

Maybe Im naive but I think HP actually tried to make it work on older devicess but given that they cant/wont officially support overclocking and other kernel modifications the older devices simply didnt have the juice and they didnt want to compromise the experience on the new devices and it took them until the last minute to realize this.
    I don't know about that. I think it might be more what others have said about them not being able to engineer an OTA without wiping the device clean. If this is the case we will likely see webOS doctors for these older devices trickling out as they're approved by the carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    And they've been talking and talking and...

Sent from my eVo
    Is it really necessary to have that evo siganture on every post?
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    So they address the concerns by doing nothing but saying that they will "work on" the issues?

They don't actually address anything just say they will.

More of the same.
    Actually, they said this: "We’re working on something that we hope will help make things right for you. We’ll be sharing the specifics with you when they’re ready."

I guess you want the specifics before they are ready. He could have blown us off since everybody says they have already jumped ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Is it really necessary to have that evo siganture on every post?
    She's probably using a Tap@Talk app which throws in whatever you set as a "sig" at the end of every post.
    I must say I am very impressed!! Not by anything they said but by what they didn't say. They went 5 whole paragraphs without saying "in the coming months" or "in the coming weeks". They have now progressed to "when they’re ready."

If they were serious, they would have HAD this ready way before this stupid event. If they didn't know there was going to be a HUGE backlash against them for this, then how in the world can we think they have the smarts to do anything?
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast