Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    how many times are you going to say this same thing and not answer my question? i assume you understand what i am asking correct?
    Remember this:

i'm not. i'm simply confused as to why your beating a dead horse over and over and over again?
    Maybe you should ask yourself this.

I'm done with this. I have said what I have to say on this subject.

/end
    how many times are you going to say this same thing and not answer my question? i assume you understand what i am asking correct?

I would color it blue, make it bold, and use all caps for you but i actually have some decency.
    I do not think he wants to answer the question. HPA asked him the same question. I am just going to start ignoring his posts.

I would do the same thing that HP did, however. I think they responding to their fans is a good thing.
    hahaha. he just doesnt get it does he?

ok, how about this? lets all start having a conversation with out him. astraith, hparsons, what do you guys think HP should do right NOW?

why do i feel like i'm about to get some really good detailed meaningful responses?
    They should let users know what's going on. Be open and honest.

I think this is Palm's fault more than HP. If I were HP I would have a buyback program where you turn in your pre for a phone of your choice. (which might be what they are working on)

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    This is not a thread dedicate to your personal opinions, or your personal wording, of people's posts on this forum.

It is to discuss the Feedback and to discussion the very sticky situation that HP put themselves into.

So, keep it out of this thread, thank you..
    I suggest you go back and read what the OP said. It had nothing to do with discussing the "very sticky situation HP put themselves into."

He said that he finds it constructive that they've offered to make it right, and that you don't see that type of communication from Android world, from RIM, Nokia, and rarely from Apple.

So, I'm willing to get to that discussion, are you?

ok, how about this? lets all start having a conversation with out him. astraith, hparsons, what do you guys think HP should do right NOW?

why do i feel like i'm about to get some really good detailed meaningful responses?
    I think they should give some new features to WebOS 1.0. Thats really the only thing I can think of as to older phones. I'd like to see what their plans are.

One feature they could add is flash. Then again, maybe thats the problem? Maybe the older devices just don't have enough memory and/or processor power to run flash?

I also can not wait till March event. Do we know when that is btw?
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post

I think this is Palm's fault more than HP. If I were HP I would have a buyback program where you turn in your pre for a phone of your choice. (which might be what they are working on)
    this is a good idea. i'm liking this.

That would be awesome. Of course not for me, I don't own a WebOS device. But be awesome for those who did (which means they would need a device on Sprint, ATT and Verizon).
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    I think they should give some new features to WebOS 1.0. Thats really the only thing I can think of as to older phones. I'd like to see what their plans are.

One feature they could add is flash. Then again, maybe thats the problem? Maybe the older devices just don't have enough memory and/or processor power to run flash?

I also can not wait till March event. Do we know when that is btw?
    ya, maybe that is the issue. i mean most of us have our pre's overclocked but HP has to design everything to run at stock speeds.

and i'm not sure when the March event is. i'm excited to see whats coming though.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    That would be awesome. Of course not for me, I don't own a WebOS device. But be awesome for those who did (which means they would need a device on Sprint, ATT and Verizon).
    you could always find an old sprint pre on ebay? lol. probably would cost less than the discount you would get.

I think they should do one of the following (maybe even both):
    • Offer a buyback program/credit towards a new device. Make it a free Pre2, or $100 towards a Pre3/Veer/Tablet.
    • Allow those that wish to do so, download WebOS Doctor for their device, with the fully understanding by the users that it will likely wipe any data from their Pre, and could affect their existing profile data

Finally, they should do whatever they're going to do within the next 2 weeks.
    ya, maybe that is the issue. i mean most of us have our pre's overclocked but HP has to design everything to run at stock speeds.

and i'm not sure when the March event is. i'm excited to see whats coming though.
    I am too. And exactly, they would. Flash is a very power hungry application. Part of the reason it's not on the iPhone natively. (The other problem is flash can crash and cause the phone to crash).
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    Some people are upset over the broken promise itself. It sucks, but it happens and I can understand that.

Some people, like me, are upset over the ramifications and what this signifies in hps strategy. Simply, hp is doing a complete reboot of everything. webOS is still webOS in name, concept, and design. However the Mojo framework is dead, so all the existing apps will become obsolete in time. Enyo is new, and very much unavailable to all of the existing users.

So, the developers are left building new apps for a new future community that depends on the existence of a rich selection of apps that wont exist and the support of an enthusiastic community that moved on when upgrade paths closed.
    I don't know about lying intentionally, but they have made many promises and failed to deliver. I remember looking forward to flash and 2.0 long time ago. They are obviously not running a tight ship. And is totally baffling to me as why everything is taking so long.

And it is very frustrating, all I want is speedy hardware and a few good apps. Why not just just pay sling to support webos. I wanted one of those new orb things to stream from phone to tv. Iphone and android yes. Webos, NO.
    Probably none of us really knows what it takes to build and release a phone, but it sure seems easier for some companies than others
    We’re working on something that we hope will help make things right for you. We’ll be sharing the specifics with you when they’re ready.

Jon Zilber
    And rest assured, loyal palm pre minus users, we fully expect to release this amazing solution we've come up with to -all- of you in just a few months. Or possibly this summer. You know, make that October. Wait for it, wait for it, ok, at the beginning of next year. Ok, you know what, nevermind, go $#*& yourselves.

Yours truly,

Fake Jon Zilber

You know what really torques me is that 2.0 already EXISTS for pre minus. Plenty of people here downloaded that "unofficial" copy and tried it out - it works perfectly fine. Why not officially release the damn thing - flaws and all - and let the community fiddle with it. I'm certain with a few patches, a nice overclock, and a few weeks, we could have webos 2.0 working -just fine- on our sprint pre's and there'd be alot less very angry fans who USED to be some of palm's most loyal customer base.

I mean jeez, the outcry is almost universal. Just toss us the webos doctor "use at your own risk" and lets move on.
    they don't have the blog posts, but they also don't cut ties with their userbases
    I think the only sane option is to offer a $100 credit toward ANY new phone/tablet. There's no guarantee these devices will be on all carriers so you can't just offer credit toward HP devices...unless, of course, they will be on all carriers. I'd be good with that. I'm still struggling a bit with the "no 4G on Sprint" thing. Back to my wine now...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Is it really necessary to have that evo siganture on every post?
    uh, I agree with you, it's kinda low, but I believe the answer lies in your question, a signature goes on every post automatically, she's not intentionally rubbing our faces in the fact that her phone is better than ours right now

Besides, she still hangs out here and participates in webOS community, so you should give her some slack.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    And rest assured, loyal palm pre minus users, we fully expect to release this amazing solution we've come up with to -all- of you in just a few months. Or possibly this summer. You know, make that October. Wait for it, wait for it, ok, at the beginning of next year. Ok, you know what, nevermind, go $#*& yourselves.

Yours truly,

Fake Jon Zilber

You know what really torques me is that 2.0 already EXISTS for pre minus. Plenty of people here downloaded that "unofficial" copy and tried it out - it works perfectly fine. Why not officially release the damn thing - flaws and all - and let the community fiddle with it. I'm certain with a few patches, a nice overclock, and a few weeks, we could have webos 2.0 working -just fine- on our sprint pre's and there'd be alot less very angry fans who USED to be some of palm's most loyal customer base.

I mean jeez, the outcry is almost universal. Just toss us the webos doctor "use at your own risk" and lets move on.
    I kinda see your point and theirs. Lets face it, Pre minus is 2 yrs old now (from announce) 18 months from release. I doubt too many G1 users are storming the castles of Android for not putting froyo or gingerbread on their oldest phones. It would be ok to let the Pre- ride off into the sunset, EXCEPT there's no phone to upgrade to without switching carriers. Not sure if blame is more with sprint or HP, but that sucks.

Maybe the new server they are donating to webOS-Internals will have a semi-official webos2.0 on it that also includes an overclock to 800 mhz to eek out the last few months until *fingers crossed* hopefully there will be a Sprint (and all carriers) option for newest webos Hardware.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts

Ummmm... what are they, a charity?!

Oh, this iPhone 3g is old now... Apple should totally buy it back and give me a brand new iPhone 4!

That'll happen.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast