Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    I don't understand all this fuss about update. Isn't the real problem the "summer" launch date.

maybe they didn't announce at ces because it would have been an even longer wait than for the original Pre.

I don't understand what they are doing. Are they using the same factory as apple and Jobs comes first. But it's just not palm, apple relaeased ipad eons ago and other companies are still promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    You don't get to determine why I may be upset about something.
    i'm not. i'm simply confused as to why your beating a dead horse over and over and over again?

we covered it. yes they lied. i agree. oh god! they lied.

now, why is it you cant answer a simple question?

what would you do right now if you were HP and fudged?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    i'm not. i'm simply confused as to why your beating a dead horse over and over and over again?

we covered it. yes they lied. i agree. oh god! they lied.

now, why is it you cant answer a simple question?

what would you do right now if you were HP and fudged?
    The only one beating it to death was hparsons, friend.

Go and read back.

And I answered the question twice.

I WOULD NOT BE IN THAT POSITION.

PERIOD.

I have no other answer to give you.
    I would never allow myself to get into such a position, if I were HP.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/10/2011 at 11:50 PM.
    ::facepalm::

I know this:

If they think lying straight up to their customers is a good way to run a business they will be finding a new business sooner rather than later.
    Excellent point. They've been in business since, hmmm, I think it was in the 1930's, so using your above observation, then it's apparent they don't think "lying sraight up to their customers is a good way to run a business". That comforts me, leading me to believe they will keep their word, and make it right.

If they cannot handle something as simple as this then they are screwed when it comes to rebuilding WebOS.
    I submit that you don't know how "simple" it is. Tell us some of the steps involved. Tell us a little about the differences in the core backend databases. Tell us a little about the different file structures involved, and the process required to convert those databases (across thousands of different possible applications that may have been installed) and the existing file structures.

Maybe you should hire on with them, and show them how "simple" it is.

I notice their competitors aren't doing much in the way of OTA upgrades to their old hardware.

As I said, when I'm in a position to actually do something about it, I will. Until then, I plan on watching closely to see if they keep their promise.

BTW, you still haven't said what device you use...
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I don't understand all this fuss about update. Isn't the real problem the "summer" launch date.

maybe they didn't announce at ces because it would have been an even longer wait than for the original Pre.

I don't understand what they are doing. Are they using the same factory as apple and Jobs comes first. But it's just not palm, apple relaeased ipad eons ago and other companies are still promising.
    I agree. after thinking about I really don't care about the update the pre is old and dated hardware.
    They should have announced the whole no updates thing in a better way though.
    And the hardware is exciting but to me is still a ways away. I realize it takes some time but.. I think they tried to hold this event way to soon they hyped it up to show off stuff that won't be available for an undetermined amount of time.
    So you don't think it's a problem that HP flat out lied webos users twice?

Both of those are the lies.

They said they would release within weeks of announcing and they said they would update the older devices.
    Bold, the color blue, and all caps does not phase me sir. what message are you trying to get across?

i simply am trying to contribute to the thread by getting your opinion on what they should currently do after making a mistake.

you simply are not answering that question and are instead filling this thread with meaningless text.

I think HP made a mistake, and is going to show for it with an apology.

Well, there are other threads for that discussion. I'm disappointed by the talk of summer, and am still hoping that it's a case of "under promise and over deliver", and that we'll see the Pre 3 and the TouchPad in April or May.

I think one thing that did go unnoticed though, was that Ruby said the Veer will be out in "early spring". That pretty much fits the "weeks" scenario.
    I don't understand all this fuss about update.
    Some people are upset over the broken promise itself. It sucks, but it happens and I can understand that.

Some people, like me, are upset over the ramifications and what this signifies in hps strategy. Simply, hp is doing a complete reboot of everything. webOS is still webOS in name, concept, and design. However the Mojo framework is dead, so all the existing apps will become obsolete in time. Enyo is new, and very much unavailable to all of the existing users.

So, the developers are left building new apps for a new future community that depends on the existence of a rich selection of apps that wont exist and the support of an enthusiastic community that moved on when upgrade paths closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    Some people are upset over the broken promise itself. It sucks, but it happens and I can understand that.

Some people, like me, are upset over the ramifications and what this signifies in hps strategy. Simply, hp is doing a complete reboot of everything. webOS is still webOS in name, concept, and design. However the Mojo framework is dead, so all the existing apps will become obsolete in time. Enyo is new, and very much unavailable to all of the existing users.

So, the developers are left building new apps for a new future community that depends on the existence of a rich selection of apps that wont exist and the support of an enthusiastic community that moved on when upgrade paths closed.
    yes, i agree. and i believe this is part of the reason HP made the cut throat decision to stop developing 2.0 for the past hardware.
    I think Leo should be committed for lying.

I couldn't resist
    And I answered the question twice.

I WOULD NOT BE IN THAT POSITION.

PERIOD.
    That's not the truth (I'm not going to say anyting about lying here), you didn't answer the question, not even once. Whether or not you would be in that position wasn't the question.

The question was, now that HP is in that position, what would have them do?

It's really a pretty simple question, and "I would not be in that position" is really not an answer, it's simply avoiding the question asked.
    Direct your question to this quote:

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    That's not the truth (I'm not going to say anyting about lying here), you didn't answer the question, not even once. Whether or not you would be in that position wasn't the question.

The question was, now that HP is in that position, what would have them do?

It's really a pretty simple question, and "I would not be in that position" is really not an answer, it's simply avoiding the question asked.
    I don't know that answer because, again, I would never allow myself to be in that position.

I know how valuable PRPRPR $is$ $and$ $if$ $I$ $ran$ $a$ $company$ $there$'$s$ $no$ $way$ $in$ $hell$ $we$ $would$ $commit$ $to$ $something$ $until$ $we$ $were$ $positive$ $it$ $was$ $going$ $to$ $happen$.
    /end
    [COLOR="Blue"][B]Are you done playing with my word choice to excuse what HP did?

They lied to you and all pre/pre+/pixi/pixi+ users.

That's all there is to it.
    They LIED.
    I thought lying was saying I am going to do something when I know I wont. For example I am going to say I will agree with you. I know I am not going to, so that qualifies as a lie.

Now lets create an example of what HP did. I am going to promise to buy my son a new toy. Then I get laid off and can not afford said toy. Did I lie when I didn't buy the toy? Or did bad luck happen? Am I now a lier? No, I am a failure.

Will the son understand? Probably not. Will the son be angry? Probably.

So back to the topic. HP thought they were going to be able to bring WebOS 2.0 to older devices. Something obliviously changed. Are they liers when bad luck happened and something changed?

Look, I know you obivously do not like HP and Palm. I know you want everyone here to hate them too. Every post you make is negative. You do try to make the Palm Pre 3 as a phone with last year specs (even when the most powerful phones of last year is not as powerful as the Pre 3). But I don't think anyone here is saying the Pre 3 is a super phone. Just a great, powerful upgrade that we are happy with. Yet you apparently are upset that we are happy with and want the Pre 3.

Maybe we don't want or need a dual core phone. And before it is said, I don't think the Pre 3 will be the most powerful phone this year. I think it will be one of the weakest phones this year. But it obviously has enough power to get it from point A to Z.

So please, be more mindful that people do like the Pre 3. Even on the Apple fan sites they like the Pre 3/TouchPad. Which is kind of odd.

And yes, in terms of getting WebOS 2.0 to the older hardware, HP is a failure. Hopefully they do fail on their promise of doing something else for old Pre users.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/10/2011 at 11:52 PM.
    yes, i agree. and i believe this is part of the reason HP made the cut throat decision to stop developing 2.0 for the past hardware.
    Exactly. I suspect that had they could maintain the old, it would have been at the sacrifice of the new.

I suspect, though I don't know for sure, that there are lot of unsold Pre2's running around, and HP might very well offer them substantially reduced (maybe free?) for everyone that has an active Pre(plus)/Pixi(plus) at the time the offer's made.

Sorry, no recorse for disgruntled users that moved on to Evo. Hanging around the forums ranting doesn't make one a "customer".

I don't know that answer because, again, I would never allow myself to be in that position.
    Ahhh, so when you said you answered it twice, you really meant you don't know the answer. OK, I can accept that.

No accusations of lying either. I suspect you just didn't understand the question.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    Look, I know you obivously do not like HP and Palm. I know you want everyone here to hate them too. Every post you make is negative. You do try to make the Palm Pre 3 as a phone with last year specs (even when the most powerful phones of last year is not as powerful as the Pre 3). But I don't think anyone here is saying the Pre 3 is a super phone. Just a great, powerful upgrade that we are happy with. Yet you apparently are upset that we are happy with and want the Pre 3.
    Sorry, no recorse for disgruntled users that moved on to Evo. Hanging around the forums ranting doesn't make one a "customer".

This is not a thread dedicate to your personal opinions, or your personal wording, of people's posts on this forum.

It is to discuss the Feedback and to discussion the very sticky situation that HP put themselves into.

So, keep it out of this thread, thank you.

Ahhh, so when you said you answered it twice, you really meant you don't know the answer. OK, I can accept that.

No accusations of lying either. I suspect you just didn't understand the question.
    Do you do ANYTHING on here but pick people's words apart instead of discuss the subject at hand?

I told you, I wouldn't be in their position.
    I told you, I wouldn't allow myself in their position.

So I cannot comment on what I would do in their position, because I'm not stupid enough to allow myself to get into it.
    I would never allow myself to be in that position.
    for the love of all that is holy i'm not asking you to put yourself in HP's shoes, only asking what you think HP should do NOW?

Do you do ANYTHING on here but pick people's words apart instead of discuss the subject at hand?

I told you, I wouldn't be in their position.
    I told you, I wouldn't allow myself in their position.

So I cannot comment on what I would do in their position, because I'm not stupid enough to allow myself to get into it.
    how many times are you going to say this same thing and not answer my question? i assume you understand what i am asking correct?

I would color it blue, make it bold, and use all caps for you but i actually have some decency.
    This is not a thread dedicate to your personal opinions, or your personal wording, of people's posts on this forum.

It is to discuss the Feedback and to discussion the very sticky situation that HP put themselves into.

So, keep it out of this thread, thank you.

Um, okay? I was actually talking about HP and the discussion that you were talking about Specifically, HP lying to us. I did state what you quoted, but it was not the only thing I said.

I stand by what I said. HP did not lie, they failed. Hopefully they do not fail on their promise again.
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast