Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 14 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    I just wanna say finngirl made a great post.
    now that they heard...they need to act.

but ill believe it when i see it......hopefuly in weeks and not months
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    "Our original expectation was that wed be able to support older phones as well as the new product line. But ultimately it became clear that we would need to choose between supporting the past with over-the-air updates and ensuring that our upcoming devices would live up to your hopes and expectations for them. "

And he/they is exactly right, considering they want to "wow" you:

In the tech world we want it all. We want top specs, but don't charge us more than $500 for a tablet. We want a slab phone with a glass front and all the latest features but don't charge us more than $200 (on contract). We want it to be able to use a new item at any carrier - no exclusives - despite the financial risk an individual carrier is taking by subsidizing it.

We want mammoth increases in specs, but please still support older hardware. We want two cameras, with auto focus, but at the same price as the cheap single camera we had in a model two years ago.

We a bigger screen and a longer lasting battery. We want a removable battery but with it packed in super tightly in order to get the handset thin as a pancake.

We want Flash but a smooth experience (heck, I don't even get that on my desktop).

All this product development is an adding/subtracting exercise of features, function and price. its like the old Advertising Axiom: "Price, Quality or Speed; Pick any TWO." Because all three just do not exist.

People give Apple a hard time for their incremental improvements in features - BUT the flip side of that is backward compatibility, and a smooth operation.

People give Android handsets a hard time for fragmentation but the flip side of that is the leaps and bounds - literally as the tech becomes available - in features.

So, you pick your key features and run with the phone that best matches that. If your "key feature" is WebOS this is your phone for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    They've heard NOTHING and they don't give a flying rat's *** about any of it. In fact, when people commented on their wall post about that above posting on their blog, they deleted everyones comments. And when people including myself pointed out that we don't appreciate them deleting our comments, especially in regards to a "we appreciate your comments" posting? THEY DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS OR POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS.
    i think they deleted the posts because they do care about their customers...at least their $. what business would leave graffiti on their property?

they made a tough decision, which many people are slowing beginning to see has logical. they intend to make up for it. sheesh
  5.    #65  
    This is technology. Apple does this. Android does this. Everyone does; in order to move forward, you have to lose a little weight. Yeah, it sucks, but hey: life isn't fair. Neither are smartphones.

I'm not making excuses, but still. At least they had the guts to tell it to your faces. Motorola and Samsung don't hardly ever do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Is it really necessary to have that evo siganture on every post?
    She makes up for it the avatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    She makes up for it the avatar.
    LMFAO! Thank you!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    As someone who has seen Palm promise over and over that they can change, I sincerely hope people carefully consider what the past 2 years looked like for webOS before following yet another dangling carrot.
    I call bull. What has Palm promised that they "can change"? You otherPhans are making this stuff up as you go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I have to ask, are you guys seriously saying this response was enough to make you happy?
    What we're saying is that they said they're working on it. I'm disappointed, but I wasn't going to do anyting right away anyways; so yeah, I'm waiting to see what happened.

I guess we should have demanded they do nothing to improve the phone, but instead send us a new cover or something. Some folks for another phone seeme to be happy with that little "fix".
    yeah parsons but well you know what they say right ?? ......" in coming months " ha ha h alol ltm ltm sorry just messin lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    What we're saying is that they said they're working on it. I'm disappointed, but I wasn't going to do anyting right away anyways; so yeah, I'm waiting to see what happened.

I guess we should have demanded they do nothing to improve the phone, but instead send us a new cover or something. Some folks for another phone seeme to be happy with that little "fix".
    They also, not only said but promised, that 2.0 was coming to old devices.

And that the devices they announce would be out in weeks, not months.
    Quote Originally Posted by JKK Photography View Post
    This is technology. Apple does this. Android does this. Everyone does; in order to move forward, you have to lose a little weight. Yeah, it sucks, but hey: life isn't fair. Neither are smartphones.

I'm not making excuses, but still. At least they had the guts to tell it to your faces. Motorola and Samsung don't hardly ever do this.
    No they didn't. It came out in dueling blog quotes on Engadget and PreCentral last night. Not to mention that the rationale changed at least once before settling into "just won't work on your hardware." And of course the claims from some users that 2.x runs just fine on at least the Pre+ . . . .

They only "fessed up" after they were made to look like a startup run by management school dropouts. Pardon me if I am not blown away by their magnanimity.

Right now this "we hear you" is just more blah, blah, blah. They haven't addressed all the questions about it, and until we actually see something from them the "we're working on it" is just the new flavor of "in the coming (vague time period)" because the old one was making us puke.
    They also, not only said but promised, that 2.0 was coming to old devices.

And that the devices they announce would be out in weeks, not months.
    So, here's a hypothetical for you.

What if they tried. What if they produced the software to do an OTA upgrade the made the on the fly changes to the database, and found that in some cases it worked, and in others it didn't. At what pont is it prudent to say "We tried. We're going to go back and look at other options, and do something we believe will make it right for you"?
    So, here's a hypothetical for you.

What if they tried. What if they produced the software to do an OTA upgrade the made the on the fly changes to the database, and found that in some cases it worked, and in others it didn't. At what pont is it prudent to say "We tried. We're going to go back and look at other options, and do something we believe will make it right for you"?
    If they didn't know they shouldn't be guaranteeing it til they do know.
    i guess iphone shouldnt have put out a phone that you couldnt use unless you took classes on how to hold it properly either roflol............... wait for it !!! ...................
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I call bull. What has Palm promised that they "can change"? You otherPhans are making this stuff up as you go.
    Hi hparsons. As you know, I usually just kind of nod and smile while you turn every thread into a battle of semantics but, hell, my Celtics are losing so I might as well run off a list of things that were supposed to change Palm and webOS' fortunes. Keep in mind this is off the top of my head so I'm probably missing a few things here and there.

• Getting on Verizon
    • Getting on AT&T
    • Launching in non-US markets
    • The App Catalog opening
    • The PDK
    • Another round of investment from Elevation Partners
    • The Pixi
    • The Pre Plus
    • The C40
    • The new non-creepy lady advertising campaign
    • The Pre 2
    • Some sort of "brand ambassador" training program
    • The HP Buyout
    • Having the first mobile implementation of Flash
    • webOS 2.0

Feel free to revisit this list and add the Veer, Pre 3, and TouchPad to it if and when it's applicable.

Ah hell, we're getting blown out by the Lakers now. I might as well go watch the Celtics go down in flames. Hope 2011's been going well for you.
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    No they didn't. It came out in dueling blog quotes on Engadget and PreCentral last night. Not to mention that the rationale changed at least once before settling into "just won't work on your hardware." And of course the claims from some users that 2.x runs just fine on at least the Pre+ . . . .

They only "fessed up" after they were made to look like a startup run by management school dropouts. Pardon me if I am not blown away by their magnanimity.

Right now this "we hear you" is just more blah, blah, blah. They haven't addressed all the questions about it, and until we actually see something from them the "we're working on it" is just the new flavor of "in the coming (vague time period)" because the old one was making us puke.
    Oh sure, it's all totally empty until (if?) they do something. Consider me optimistic. I think that HPalm knows that people have limits. They really disappointed a lot of the webOS faithful yesterday, and I'm sure that they don't want to lose anyone. So hopefully, with that in mind, they'll do something smart and give us a 'hakuna matata' moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i guess iphone shouldnt have put out a phone that you couldnt use unless you took classes on how to hold it properly either roflol............... wait for it !!! ...................
    Isn't that what the genius bar is for?

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkj View Post
    II bet an overclocked pre plus especially wouldnt have any problems running Web OS 2.x but the problem is HP cant officially support overclocking. The Pixis and and the OG Pre may have trouble because of the lack of RAM but I bet it could still work atleast somewhat.

Maybe Im naive but I think HP actually tried to make it work on older devicess but given that they cant/wont officially support overclocking and other kernel modifications the older devices simply didnt have the juice and they didnt want to compromise the experience on the new devices and it took them until the last minute to realize this.
    Maybe that's why Pre 3 is not as done as it should be. They didn't have the time to try to work it out on both new and old hardware.

So they address the concerns by doing nothing but saying that they will "work on" the issues?

They don't actually address anything just say they will.

More of the same.
    You think they haven't done anything but they did address a lot of concerns with the Pre 3 and TouchPad. They made a larger screen. A more powerful device. (and don't say powerful for last year ... I don't remember a 1.4 ghz Snapdragon processor last year.) I don't know what they are planning for the older devices, but it probably started the moment they decided not to support the older devices.

At any rate, it is nice that they heard our concerns.
    If they didn't know they shouldn't be guaranteeing it til they do know.
    Guarantee? Where did they guarantee it. If they did, then we all have a legal recourse.

I think you're exaggerating here.

And the irony is, I have said device, you don't, and yet you seem to be more irate about this so-called "guarantee". What's up with that??

I wasn't nearly as upset as you sound when Apple sold a new device that had antenna problems and they initially said "Just don't hold it that way" until folks got upset. Then gave them a cover for free as a "fix".
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 14 ... LastLast