Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    I just hope Sprint gets a phone (PRE3) by June so I can dump my PRE -. Its still runs great but I think the screen protector is the only thing that has stopped the USB crack from spreading across the screen. I don't like Android so please HP I need a phone.

what about the veer & touchpad? Just use Veer for phone calls and tethering touchpad...
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    Don't hate.

Sent from my Pre3
    As someone who has seen Palm promise over and over that they can change, I sincerely hope people carefully consider what the past 2 years looked like for webOS before following yet another dangling carrot.
    I have to ask, are you guys seriously saying this response was enough to make you happy?
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I have to ask, are you guys seriously saying this response was enough to make you happy?
    I'm saying that it is enough to make me hope that they will be smart and handle this well.

If it isn't for you, then there are plenty of Android phones that I'm sure you would love for the first two or three months.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I could live with a Pre 2 to tide me over for the Pre 3 or a 4" slab if they make one for Sprint. I'd even pay $100 or so for it off contract. I'm damn near ready to go to the robot side, but I'd rather get something newer than an Evo.

Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Many are saying free Pre 2's. Doesn't help if you're a Sprint customer. Their only available unlocked for AT&T or on verizon in the future (if that's still happening). They have to do something that is fair for everyone. I'm just not sure what would be unless they tell Sprint customers sorry..you shouldn't expect your Pre Minus to be supported.
    We love the VEER, PRE3, and that Touchpad OMG!! But we really think you're missing a phone. The VEER is great for the kids. The Pre3 is a nice iPhone competitor. But there is another set of phone users out there and HTC caters to them very well. to compete with the like of the EVO, the EPIC, Motarola Droids, i think you know where am going. I would love a 4.3 inch screen, with or without a keyboard, 5-8 mp camera, 1-1.4mhz proc. There are quite a bit of us who like those larger phones. Please can you take that into consideration. We wish the EVO ran WebOS. Let me get to the point, Please Make One. May we Please have one for Christmas.
    What is this tap talk of which you speak and where can I get it? Are you saying that they use this thing and it appends sent from my evo whether they want it to or not? I did not know that, all this time I thought they were actually typing this out with every post. Cool.
    very well said

its just the way it is with technology.

they said before they were planning on updating it but things change over time.

we're lucky ruby and hp said they were planning on doing something for us

Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    "Our original expectation was that we’d be able to support older phones as well as the new product line. But ultimately it became clear that we would need to choose between supporting the past with over-the-air updates and ensuring that our upcoming devices would live up to your hopes and expectations for them. "

And he/they is exactly right, considering they want to "wow" you:

In the tech world we want it all. We want top specs, but don't charge us more than $500 for a tablet. We want a slab phone with a glass front and all the latest features but don't charge us more than $200 (on contract). We want it to be able to use a new item at any carrier - no exclusives - despite the financial risk an individual carrier is taking by subsidizing it.

We want mammoth increases in specs, but please still support older hardware. We want two cameras, with auto focus, but at the same price as the cheap single camera we had in a model two years ago.

We a bigger screen and a longer lasting battery. We want a removable battery but with it packed in super tightly in order to get the handset thin as a pancake.

We want Flash but a smooth experience (heck, I don't even get that on my desktop).

All this product development is an adding/subtracting exercise of features, function and price. its like the old Advertising Axiom: "Price, Quality or Speed; Pick any TWO." Because all three just do not exist.

People give Apple a hard time for their incremental improvements in features - BUT the flip side of that is backward compatibility, and a smooth operation.

People give Android handsets a hard time for fragmentation but the flip side of that is the leaps and bounds - literally as the tech becomes available - in features.

So, you pick your key features and run with the phone that best matches that. If your "key feature" is WebOS this is your phone for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by JKK Photography View Post
    I'm saying that it is enough to make me hope that they will be smart and handle this well.
    I guess if they actually clarified something...and not just delay with "we will look into it" I would agree, but they didn't.
    They just gave you lip service.

They didn't even promise anything

Not like their promises mean anything at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    What is this tap talk of which you speak and where can I get it? Are you saying that they use this thing and it appends sent from my evo whether they want it to or not? I did not know that, all this time I thought they were actually typing this out with every post. Cool.
    Tapatalk is an app.
    I don't think they have a WebOS based app.
    https://market.android.com/details?i...lkpro.activity

Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Yep, its an app. Pretty nice actually. There's a version for iOS as well.

Tapatalk - Forum App on the iPhone, Android, webOS, Windows Phone 7 (WP7), Nokia, and BlackBerry for vBulletin, phpBB, IPBoard, SMF and more

Here's webOS http://www.newnessdevelopments.com/?page_id=164
    It's similar to the webOS forums app, but for Android and iOS.

You can change the sig, but whatever you put in there is always added to every post.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    It's called tapatalk in the Android market. I think webos had a version called "forums". And that would be kinda weird for someone to just write it out every time.

Sent from my EVO Shift 4G
    <sigh>

Quote Originally Posted by webosuser View Post
    Don't hate.

Sent from my Pre3
    Hate what?
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Some here remind me of that guy/girl who constantly gets screwed over by the boy/girlfriend, rather than moving on continues to stay with him/her and complain in misery.

Or, he/she decides to move on (not quite), has a new guy/girl (DEVICE), but still wakes up daily hounding the old flame (HP/Palm devices), just be gone.
    Yep. A little bit in poor taste if you ask me
    I'm currently happy with the 1.4 in my Pre + so I'm not too bummed 2.0 isn't coming to older devices. Its seems the response was mostly about that. I want to hear more on the Pre 3's release date.

ET

Sent from my laptop as I sit in front of the TV.
    Last edited by etphoto; 02/10/2011 at 08:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    It's enough to make me not lose all hope.

Sent from my Microsoft Kin One
    The update thing doesn't bother me much, I did not want to lose my current setup. I did want flash though.

Kin One, that's funny.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast