Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JKK Photography View Post
    He posted a video (I have a link to it above, but here's one as well: )
    Thanks. As I composed my response, there was only 1 reply in the thread.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Is it really necessary to have that evo siganture on every post?
    I can have whatever I want, just as everyone else. I'm not the only one that has something in there, when using Tapatalk.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Is it really necessary to have that evo siganture on every post?
    Tapatalk does that.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    This will be quite the trick. What would make things right for you?
    Let me buy a Pre 2 off contract for a hundred bucks. That will get me through the coming months, err coming weeks..... err whenever, until the Pre 3 is available. I don't think I should get a free anything for my distress, but this feels fair to me.
    A fifty dollar voucher towards a Pre 2/3? I think that would just add insult to injury.
    Nothing to see here. Move along.
    @drew3sbs on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    She's probably using a Tap@Talk app which throws in whatever you set as a "sig" at the end of every post.
    Exactly! Thank you, it's the app I use the most.

Sent from my eVo
    "Our original expectation was that we’d be able to support older phones as well as the new product line. But ultimately it became clear that we would need to choose between supporting the past with over-the-air updates and ensuring that our upcoming devices would live up to your hopes and expectations for them. "

And he/they is exactly right, considering they want to "wow" you:

In the tech world we want it all. We want top specs, but don't charge us more than $500 for a tablet. We want a slab phone with a glass front and all the latest features but don't charge us more than $200 (on contract). We want it to be able to use a new item at any carrier - no exclusives - despite the financial risk an individual carrier is taking by subsidizing it.

We want mammoth increases in specs, but please still support older hardware. We want two cameras, with auto focus, but at the same price as the cheap single camera we had in a model two years ago.

We a bigger screen and a longer lasting battery. We want a removable battery but with it packed in super tightly in order to get the handset thin as a pancake.

We want Flash but a smooth experience (heck, I don't even get that on my desktop).

All this product development is an adding/subtracting exercise of features, function and price. its like the old Advertising Axiom: "Price, Quality or Speed; Pick any TWO." Because all three just do not exist.

People give Apple a hard time for their incremental improvements in features - BUT the flip side of that is backward compatibility, and a smooth operation.

People give Android handsets a hard time for fragmentation but the flip side of that is the leaps and bounds - literally as the tech becomes available - in features.

So, you pick your key features and run with the phone that best matches that. If your "key feature" is WebOS this is your phone for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Tapatalk does that.
    Yep!

Sent from my eVo
    This post is just to irritate a certain someone lol.

Sent from my EVO Shift 4G
    But ultimately it became clear that we would need to choose between supporting the past with over-the-air updates and ensuring that our upcoming devices would live up to your hopes and expectations for them.
    Given:

(A) LEGACY SUPPORT
    (B) LIVE UP TO HOPES AND EXPECTATIONS

They chose:

(C) NONE OF THE ABOVE
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    This will be quite the trick. What would make things right for you?
    Replacing Pre Plus with Pre2 and keeping the same upgrade schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    This post is just to irritate a certain someone lol.

Sent from my EVO Shift 4G
    ROFL! I love it!

Sent from my eVo
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I can have whatever I want, just as everyone else.

Sent from my eVo
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    ROFL! I love it!

Sent from my eVo
    LOL!!
    Free Pre 2's to all loyal customers or death!
    Hopefully they will be working overtime. This does seem to be a direct and pretty quick response to the uproar.

However, they need to put some boots up some butts and work on getting the Palm 3 out before "this summer." Something like this spring would be much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by JKK Photography View Post

This video is hilarious. It also had one idea I thought would have been great; revive the Treo! Just the name Treo puts a smile on my face. It's one device that has not left a bad taste in people's mouth. I don't know how they could do it, but if they can manage to revive the Treo, people would probably freakout!
    Also vote for Rory to replace Leo as CEO at HP:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-ge...heker-ceo.html

I wish he didnt have to use the F word so much, but the video is good.

I would care to wipe my phone clean to get 2.0. I don't think many would care. I doubt it is something that basic otherwise they could have given us a choice.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I like that they said something. I wish they would have said it before.

I wish they would talk about which carriers the Pre 3 will have. If Sprint gets it then I won't have to worry about 2.x on my Pre-. If Sprint doesn't then I can plan what to do next. I doubt that I will change carriers for a phone. If they announced the carriers people on AT&T and Verizon would know their future too and could make their decisions.
    Many are saying free Pre 2's. Doesn't help if you're a Sprint customer. Their only available unlocked for AT&T or on verizon in the future (if that's still happening). They have to do something that is fair for everyone. I'm just not sure what would be unless they tell Sprint customers sorry..you shouldn't expect your Pre Minus to be supported.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast