Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyJayne View Post
    Quick question: What do you mean by 'Call Rententions' ? Just curious because I'm a Sprint customer too whose upgrade was supposed to be April 1st of this year...
    What I've done a couple times is called and said I wasn't happy with my service and I would like to cancel, and was transferred to the retentions department. They usually cut deals to keep you around. For example one time they issued me a recurring monthly credit because the sales person lied to me even though I explicitly asked three times about a specific cost. Recently I was fed up with no service at home, and AT&T put up a tower nearby. I mentioned that all my friends with iPhone 4's get full service and they gave us a femto cell (Airave) for free.

Other people call and just ask for Retentions. In this case, I may do that. I've waited patiently for my upgrade, this is pretty silly.
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Retentions is/was a department within Sprint (I think they may have renamed the department). Basically, it's the "last ditch effort to keep you as a customer" department. Hence the name "retentions", they want to retain you.

They can/will (take your pick) frequently do things that the normal customer service reps can't/won't do.
    Whoops- guess I didn't notice that "Next page" button down there!

Nice description!
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    It's almost been 1 month since the blog post on the HP/Palm blog stating "Thanks (really!) for the feedback." I was kind of hoping there would be an update by now concerning what exactly is in the works to "Make things right." As far as I know...still no news. Anybody have any updates?
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticalman2 View Post
    It's almost been 1 month since the blog post on the HP/Palm blog stating "Thanks (really!) for the feedback." I was kind of hoping there would be an update by now concerning what exactly is in the works to "Make things right." As far as I know...still no news. Anybody have any updates?
    I completely agree!! It's been too long without any word, even a "We haven't forgotten you, we're still working to "Make things right"". They need to keep us informed, the longer they wait the more users they are going to loose. Who knows, maybe that's their plan, fewer people to "Make things right" for?
    I don't think we'll see an update on what they have to offer until we see an update on the carriers for the new phones.

At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

Think about it, they can't offer new Pre 3's on xyz carrier, or even a discount on said device, until they announce that xyz carrier will be carrying the device.
    I think they try to fool us one more time. I still want the flash they promised i will have on my palm pre. It's like bart simpson and the radio station contest: i want my elephant!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by _ThEcRoW View Post
    I think they try to fool us one more time. I still want the flash they promised i will have on my palm pre. It's like bart simpson and the radio station contest: i want my elephant!!!
    If you want Flash, go get 2.1 then install Flash. Many have.
    Did you actually expect them to do something? That statement was full of all the vague, non-committal kind of statements we've come to expect. They were just saying that calm everyone down for the short-term and count on most people forgetting about it (which they have). I'm not old enough to have lived in the "good old days", but I've come to realize that no company these days truly cares about its customers. Companies are too big with too many customers to really care anymore. So I never had any expectation that they would do anything close to "making things right".
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    If you want Flash, go get 2.1 then install Flash. Many have.
    But that's not an official way of doing it. It is not endorsed by palm. I mean, even if they don't deliver 2.0-2.1 to legacy devices, they could release flash for it. At least that was the fact that got me buying the pre instead of an iphone. Now a year passed and still no flash, but there are people still saying that they have made it the right way?, cmon, i want what they said when i bought the phone, nothing more nothing less.
    I think HP Palm have concluded, as I have, that 2.1 & Flash on 'legacy' devices requires overclocking. And since some devices may not be able to handle it, they can't update 'officially'. They knew full well that WebOS Internals would weave their magic. So if you want 2.1, I think that's the way you will have to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I think HP Palm have concluded, as I have, that 2.1 & Flash on 'legacy' devices requires overclocking. And since some devices may not be able to handle it, they can't update 'officially'. They knew full well that WebOS Internals would weave their magic. So if you want 2.1, I think that's the way you will have to go.
    i agree with flash performance issues, but i don't agree with webOS 2.1 performance issues on pre/ pre+, because, as we have already seen on video, they run fine on pre+/Pre.
    2.1 ran smooth on my sprint pre+ w/o overclocking. Didn't attempt flash before installing uberkernel. I second the other poster. If you want it, do it yourself. I went from a pre to a pre+, now adding 2.1 and flash just so I can stay with webos a little longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    i agree with flash performance issues, but i don't agree with webOS 2.1 performance issues on pre/ pre+, because, as we have already seen on video, they run fine on pre+/Pre.
    So, you've installed webOS 2.1.0 yourself then?
    Getting back on topic...I think it's been long enough since the "make things right" statement that HP should do SOMETHING! At the very least come out and say we're still working on it. Let us know you're still thinking about us. I've been one of the Pre's biggest fans and have enjoyed showing off my phone, at least until it developed a nasty crack in the gesture area. I have co-workers who bought this device based off some of the info like flash support and I'm starting to feel like I let them down. This isn't right. HP...do something already so I don't have to keep making up excuses for you. And don't give me crap about Palm vs HP promises. You buy a company and you inherit their debts...that's life in the business world.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Be patient, remember they don't really have to do anything - the fact that they acknowledged it is far beyond what most companies do.