Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    The 1.5 year old phone is my point. HP didn't promise you anything to get you to buy their phone. They said they were committed to doing something, and then found they couldn't do it the way they wanted. That happens.

My point is, their promise didn't affect your decision to buy the phone. You bought it before they made the promise.
    I don't remember them promising WebOS 2.0 on older devices -- maybe hinting, or saying something of the like -- but I do remember them saying Flash will be on the older devices. That was a promise, wasn't?

I am just saying. Then again, maybe thats what they are working on? Adding some new features to older devices -- just not ALL the features.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Not to say that we don't work on bugs and implement fixes, but Palm has never promised to fix any bug that has been on the device.

Can you point me to a reference where you was promised that the PDF bug would be fixed?
    Do you realize what you are saying?

"Bugs are not going to be fixed unless we specifically promised this..." is what it sounds like. I can't imagine a worse model for customer support. PDF Viewer is a built in basic function of the OS - if it is too buggy to be reliable it should be fixed. If the world changes and PDF format changes and a year or two after the phone is not only EOS (end of sale) but also EOL (end of life) a major bug would be acceptable not to fix. Not fixing a bug on a phone that only recently went EOS and still has users that are under warranty and contract is pretty awful customer service.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    I don't remember them promising WebOS 2.0 on older devices -- maybe hinting, or saying something of the like ...
    I believe they specifically said webos 2.x was coming to all existing devices when they held that developer's summit meeting...in NYC I think? Back in late October or early November? Am i remembering that correctly...please, somebody who knows something, help me out!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post

"Bugs are not going to be fixed unless we specifically promised this..." is what it sounds like. I can't imagine a worse model for customer support. PDF Viewer is a built in basic function of the OS - if it is too buggy to be reliable it should be fixed. If the world changes and PDF format changes and a year or two after the phone is not only EOS (end of sale) but also EOL (end of life) a major bug would be acceptable not to fix. Not fixing a bug on a phone that only recently went EOS and still has users that are under warranty and contract is pretty awful customer service.
    I think Palm has more than proven that point you have made to be false. If that was the case there would be no updates.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts

This may suprised you, but no software company guarantees they will fix every bug, or even any bug. All software is sold "as is". To guarantee to fix bugs, for a software company, is a guarantee that they will go out of business.
    ohh yeah nice i sure love them now because they have interaction with people and make promises, just like politicians. Ohh boy i know how well politicians are can't wait for HP making it right!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I believe they specifically said webos 2.x was coming to all existing devices when they held that developer's summit meeting...in NYC I think? Back in late October or early November? Am i remembering that correctly...please, somebody who knows something, help me out!
    Yes they did.
    Who cares? Did you buy a phone based on this "promise"? If so, why would you do that? Software gets old and left in the dust. It's a fact of life.
    Just wait until the next gen device comes out and it will all be good. Oh wait, maybe wait for the one after that. No, then they will just announce another even better. Just wait for the one after that, no, maybe the after the first upgrade after that, no.......
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 911_Dude View Post
    It cracks me up reading about how lives are "shattered" from the "broken promise" from Palm, and how it so affected lives because of it. I dont buy tech things based on what upgrade may come in the future, even if the company "promises". Its so high school sounding. If you think Palm/HP is the first company to change upgrade strategy, your in for a long and frustrating life. Did they cross their heart and hope to die when this promise was made? If not, its totally invalid. And thats common knowledge. Or maybe their fingers were crossed when it was said.
    Jeez. its a phone people. Go outside and interact with some people face to face once in a while.
    911_dude you are so right. This forum thread needs a box of tissues and a hug, or slap and a "get ahold of yourselves!" a la Airplane (rip lesley nielson)
    I have a Pixi on sprint and want the pre3..... hopefully I dont have to wait to long to find out when that will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    i thought lying was saying i am going to do something when i know i wont. For example i am going to say i will agree with you. I know i am not going to, so that qualifies as a lie.

Now lets create an example of what hp did. I am going to promise to buy my son a new toy. Then i get laid off and can not afford said toy. Did i lie when i didn't buy the toy? Or did bad luck happen? Am i now a lier? No, i am a failure.

Will the son understand? Probably not. Will the son be angry? Probably.

So back to the topic. Hp thought they were going to be able to bring webos 2.0 to older devices. Something obliviously changed. Are they liers when bad luck happened and something changed?

Look, i know you obivously do not like hp and palm. I know you want everyone here to hate them too. Every post you make is negative. You do try to make the palm pre 3 as a phone with last year specs (even when the most powerful phones of last year is not as powerful as the pre 3). But i don't think anyone here is saying the pre 3 is a super phone. Just a great, powerful upgrade that we are happy with. Yet you apparently are upset that we are happy with and want the pre 3.

Maybe we don't want or need a dual core phone. And before it is said, i don't think the pre 3 will be the most powerful phone this year. I think it will be one of the weakest phones this year. But it obviously has enough power to get it from point a to z.

So please, be more mindful that people do like the pre 3. Even on the apple fan sites they like the pre 3/touchpad. Which is kind of odd.

And yes, in terms of getting webos 2.0 to the older hardware, hp is a failure. Hopefully they do fail on their promise of doing something else for old pre users.
    +10000
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    for the love of all that is holy i'm not asking you to put yourself in HP's shoes, only asking what you think HP should do NOW?
    Kinda starting to think one of two things: either he doesn't have an answer/opinion regarding what HP should do next OR....he simply doesn't understand English. Seems pretty cut n' dry to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by pepitosegrilla View Post
    ...but I didn't bought an iPhone/Galaxy YET, because they told me to stay tuned...
    And now you see an answer that is not what you wanted. You have the same option now that you had back in October. Go buy your iPhone or Galaxy.

They may have even saved you some money, since ATT is offering the iPhone for $49
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I dont believe what HP is saying.

Look at webOS2 itself, its not significantly different from webOS 1.4.5,...
    Sorry, this is completely incorrect, and renders the rest of your point moot.

WebOS 2 is vastly different. Different engines driving Java, different database engine. Different database structures. That's just the basics. The change in database structure alone is a major issue.
    true dat.

the user experience is very different, with stuff like stacks and flash.

the backend and architecture is a completely new generation, presumably changed to enable massive scale and new features.

just the facts that 2.0.1 seems to handle .pdf files better...

lots of changes. So far all the changes i've seen are really good and important changes.
    Hp has got to do more. Their touchstone v2, tap to share is getting older and less of an exclusive feature really fast.
    Check out this post about android and nfc via boy genius: NFC and Bluetooth brought together with Android 2.3.3 Ŧ MobiSocial News

Plus the atrix will be priced @ 199 for att w/ contract and 150 @ radioshack w/ contract: Motorola Atrix 4G Release Date: 22 Feb. Price At Radioshack: $150 (on contract, with data plan)

I love webos, and as palm and hp promised during the buyout scale and innovation would come about resulting in better hardware to match webos. They better add more to their new lineup coming this summer. If they expect to price competitively, the veer should come in 49 or if not, free on contract, pre 3 @ no more than 100, and touchpad no more than 400. Atrix and xoom can only go down in price. Hardware is getting old at almost the sp1ed of light, no pun intended, and google's os advancing @ the same rate. I'm starting to wonder if hp stands a chance. Existing players will want to eliminate competition to maintain their status and gain more ground.

Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I think Palm has more than proven that point you have made to be false. If that was the case there would be no updates.
    Thanks Unclevanya to make my point even better.

Probably you are right and you have no obligation to fix my problem! BUT do you think is correct to sell a phone that is SUPOSED to be able to read pdf books, and tell YOUR CLIENT that you donīt care hi is having that problem, BECAUSE you DONīT HAVE TO!!?!?!?!?!?! and leave him with out any solution!

If a Palm Tech Support Team is telling me that, probably THE WORST costumer service I know!

AND sorry, but Updates????? Itīs been a long MONTHS with out any!
    I was waiting por 2.x but NOOOO!!!

So!!!! WHAT UPDATES!!!!!??????
    Now HP is saying french pre+ will get 2.x upgrade.

Tell me again why ATT, VZ pre+ and sprint pre can't do what SFR pre+ can?
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Now HP is saying french pre+ will get 2.x upgrade.

Tell me again why ATT, VZ pre+ and sprint pre can't do what SFR pre+ can?
    Maybe they don't speak french?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sorry, this is completely incorrect, and renders the rest of your point moot.

WebOS 2 is vastly different. Different engines driving Java, different database engine. Different database structures. That's just the basics. The change in database structure alone is a major issue.
    And how is that difference translate into Pre -/+ can't run webOS 2?

and read precentral homepage, HP/Palm, Rubinstein are just lying to our faces.