Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Neither really. What you are doing is concentrating on too much on how this personally affects you. You noticed the demo in 2009 because you were interested in the Pre. Same for this demo.

Most demonstrations of product that is not available for shipping are "hands off". It's not a Palm thing, it's not an HP thing, it's really not even a technology thing (though it's more common, since these devices also often include OSs/Software that's usually not "unscripted ready").
    Sorry, this does not personally affect me. It is simply something that I've noticed (because I'm interested in mobile tech in general rather than this specific product). These demos have Palm's "style" written all over them (and it's not just the "scripted" nature of them). When someone asks "whose track record" and I see the influence of both companies, my answer is (some sort of combination of) "both".
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Honestly speaking if HP or Sprint does not deliver we have to hit them where it hurts the most, in there pockets. Leave Sprint and boycott HP. Best way to get results.
    Has that ever actually worked?!?

I don't think so, but I do know what has. Organizing into one clear coherent voice and petitioning them to do something has proven to work in the past see the post about the 700p. It didn't happen overnight but persistence and a reasonable focused voice made the difference.
    You got to rememeber that once they announce the carrier ( who ever they are) they cant do anything , Usually its a agreement and they are legally stuck with that carrier until the agreement ends.

As for Boycott. that would work if it was Iphone or Android users., the user base for WEbos is so small it would being menaingless if every pre owner didnt buy the new phone. If every Pre Owner left sprint it would barley resigster. And ofcourse not every Pre ownder is on Sprint. Some are on Verizon/AT&t etc.

Again you would need to convince HP "before" they have an agreement otherwise a protest is usuless. there hands would be tied.
    Quote Originally Posted by stirling View Post
    Let me buy a Pre 2 off contract for a hundred bucks. That will get me through the coming months, err coming weeks..... err whenever, until the Pre 3 is available. I don't think I should get a free anything for my distress, but this feels fair to me.
    A fifty dollar voucher towards a Pre 2/3? I think that would just add insult to injury.

All I know is that I NEED to read pdf books (Im a physician) and right now I CANT. I will not have 2.x, so same history.
    I was waiting por Feb 9th to find a solution (was hoping a fast Pre3 release here in Spain) but NOOO.

So what is HP doing for me (been a Palm/WebOS fan for 15 years), I should keep in the same situation, AND not knowing when I will be able to read them or should I just forget about them taking care and go for and Android???

PD: I to find a 50 dolars gift an insult!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    Actually, they said this: "Were working on something that we hope will help make things right for you. Well be sharing the specifics with you when theyre ready."

I guess you want the specifics before they are ready. He could have blown us off since everybody says they have already jumped ship.
    This is just more talk to keep us clinging to that string until summer. All we'll get is a 20% off coupon to HP branded smartphone accessories. At least you'll finally get that brown leather phone case for the low price of $39.95+ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurgling View Post
    ... a 20% off coupon to HP branded smartphone accessories. At least you'll finally get that brown leather phone case for the low price of $39.95+ship.
    Ooh! Does it come in fushia?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

"When we're ready" is somewhere in between "in the coming months" and

"when pigs fly" (I think I read somewhere that this was their official update on flash?)

- Spoken in french, translated with Google Translate and transcribed automatically on my <insert Generic Android phone here>
    Wishing HP/Palm all the best; but gave up after the first Pre and after living with the iPhone4 for several months, I wouldn't even dream of coming back. It's about the programs you can run and a good phone. That's what made the Treos such great devices.
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurgling View Post
    This is just more talk to keep us clinging to that string until summer. All we'll get is a 20% off coupon to HP branded smartphone accessories. At least you'll finally get that brown leather phone case for the low price of $39.95+ship.
    Anyone with this view probably should move on. However, I don't know what that's based on. What track record leads you to believe that?

Personally for me, if they said that the Pre 3 won't be available at all, and I'd never get another upgrade on my old one, I'd still be waiting until June. Sprint has no phones that I'm interested in signing a new contract for, and my contract is up in June. So, wait I will.
    Anyone with this view probably should move on. However, I don't know what that's based on. What track record leads you to believe that?

Personally for me, if they said that the Pre 3 won't be available at all, and I'd never get another upgrade on my old one, I'd still be waiting until June. Sprint has no phones that I'm interested in signing a new contract for, and my contract is up in June. So, wait I will.

Ey. Thats your case. What about the rest of us who are already waiting for THE COMING MONTHS for a simple fix, just to read a pdf book! And more COMING MONTHS are coming. Even then, would I get the chance to buy for Pre3 in Spain in Summer or Ill have MORE MONTHS than you guys?
    Nobody is telling me WHY I didnt get 2.x to fix my problem or how or when is going to be fix.

I would just looooove my Pre (been a Palm user for 15 y) if I could read my medicine books on it OR more batterie so I can go throw the 7 hs of work (just checking a couple of things) AND apps of course.

Please somebody tell me HOW MUCH should until I can use WebOS like It was suposed to do.
    So i'm not gonna start a new thread for a simple answer, but anyways

anyone know why the veer is being released before the pre3?

how and why is the veer ready to go, yet the pre 3 isn't?
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post

They wanted to release the Veer while the failed "Kin" was still fresh in everyone's minds.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post

GSM vs CDMA maybe?
    Why oh why are people yelling about this? There has been an excellent line of communication between the Now HPalm and this community. They will take care of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by amistak View Post
    They will take care of us.
    Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by bolija View Post
    ...Please somebody tell me HOW MUCH should until I can use WebOS like It was suposed to do.
    What were you promised when you bought the device?

If you were promised something that you did not receive, you should return to your carrier and ask for another phone that does support what you need.
    I haven't read this entire thread, but it's clear that they will provide something to developers to reward and incent them.

Consumers will not get more details because the details aren't ready yet. Unfortunately, none of these companies provide a roadmap.

I think they have no choice, but to give up on the current crop of folks unless they allow Pre2's and Pre3's to be exchanged for Pre4s when available. Otherwise, why wait for a 4G phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    I haven't read this entire thread, but it's clear that they will provide something to developers to reward and incent them.

Consumers will not get more details because the details aren't ready yet. Unfortunately, none of these companies provide a roadmap.

I think they have no choice, but to give up on the current crop of folks unless they allow Pre2's and Pre3's to be exchanged for Pre4s when available. Otherwise, why wait for a 4G phone?
    Why Pre 3's? They're part of the upgrade path. So are Pre 2's. They would only "have" to give Pre 4's to those owners if they promised something and didn't deliver (Please note, I used "have" figuratively, I don't think they "have" to do anything on this matter, it's just good business sense of they do.)
    I don't want a smaller phone. I don't want a bigger phone. I want the original Pre size that I have gotten used to, but faster, better and with 2.0 that can be upgraded to 3 or 4 or whatever. AND I want the whole Mama, Papa and Baby Pre lineup on Sprint so my family can choose their next phones that will work with their TouchPads.
    I think one thing that did go unnoticed though, was that Ruby said the Veer will be out in "early spring". That pretty much fits the "weeks" scenario.
    But that doesn't count because it's not ____ (whatever that particular person wants).

You know, the more I read PreCentral these days, the more the whiners here remind me of:

I just don't know how anyone can realistically think HP isn't interested in making this successful for THEIR (HP's) purposes. Those advancements won't happen on our individual time schedule, but seriously, the company was bought and the OS has been rebuilt (proper terminology?). If a tablet wasn't already planned, that was put together in the rush, too.

Personally, I'm thrilled HP still sees a purpose for webOS on phones. I don't mind the wait. I just want it to work once we get it. For that, I can wait.
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.