Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 295
  1. #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by JokerJ13 View Post
    I'm not sure why anyone expects HP to provide some sort of monetary benefit to current Pre\Pixi owners. Not that I have my ear to the rail constantly, but this practice is unheard for considering the situation.

    I have a G1 Pre on Sprint. I just want an update that provides the enhancements that were reported to be coming to our phones for over a year now. I don't care what rev. they call it.

    The way I see it, if HP had gone that route in the first place. They would have more people lining up for the Pre 2 and Pre 3. Now, I see them losing alot of revenue on this.
    My thought, HP just wanted the OS, the wireless phones are not close to being the business they want to put a great deal of effort in.
    Yeah I agree that I think they didn't necessarily want to be in the Phone business but I think for a technology company in this age it is almost impossible not to be. Smart phones are selling faster then PC's and integration with other devices is going to be key. This could definitely be a strong suite for HP. But we will see how they play it.
  2. #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    This is purely a guess, but I am speculating that they wanted to set up a yearly announcement schedule like Apple. But they wanted to position themselves ahead of Apple so that they arent drowned out by their press every year. Just a guess.

    To all your other complaints, HP doesnt owe you anything. Regardless if you think buying their phone makes it that way, it doesnt. Besides honoring the warranty, HP owes you nada.
    Where did you get that I think Hp owes me anything. LOL.. I never said anything at all in those words. Yeah I said I was upset that this launch looks very similar to the orginal pre launch but I was upset because I like webos and want to see it do well.
  3. Zyphlin's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    You're using a precentral poll to prove your point?
    For a guy who suggests that something a Device with 512 RAM is using "last year" tech for RAM but a different Device with 512 RAM is "TOP OF THE LINE", questioning how people make arguments is probably not your best bet.quality-my-must-read-beef-reaction.html[/url]

    Even though my points have been [B]proven and accepted by the community and abroad [other forums, palm itself, reviewers].
    Really? You've posted actual facts and evidence to indicate reviewers who have stated the Pre3 is a flop on arrival? Engadget seems to like it. The people who've reviewed it with hands on on this site seem to like it. BGR seems to like it. Precentral seems to like it. All actual hands on reviews I've seen are rather pleased with the device. If you're going to make statements it incumbant on you to back it up.

    Yes, amazing...the interwebs are aflame with people ****y. This is new...how? Are you honestly telling me that if they released a slab intead of a vertical slider we wouldn't be seeing complaints from keyboard fans? If they named it something other than Pre but left it the same there wouldn't be complaints? The nature of anonymous internet people is to *****, moan, and complain and its common human nature that those who are ****ed off are more apt to be louder than those who are happy.

    The problem is you keep mixing up your OPINIONS with "proof" and "facts" in so many threads. Your OPINION is that its going to flop, the reason for yoru opinion is your one sided viewing of the reactions, you have zero "proof" or "facts" that it WILL flop.

    Moreover, if HP is going to revive WebOS it has to do so with more than just the few hundred precentral people
    Indeed it does, nor does it necessarily need a few hundred people that are whining on the internet. In the grand scheme of things the reaction on tech blogs, that galvinize fan's of other devices just as much as fans of the deviec being launched, and other internet sources of anonymous nature are rather worthless in determining if this is a "flop", especially when its being determined by someone who is obviously so invested in viewing things in the light he wishes to see it that they ignore all other reality even when its clearly presented to them.

    When the Pre3 comes out, then we'll know if its a "proven" flop.
    Last edited by Zyphlin; 02/11/2011 at 10:36 AM.
  4. #184  
    Tell them how it is !! They aren't running some fortune 500 company !! What do these jerks around here that are saying it's a failure even know about running a business ? If they know so much why are they not the head of some big company ?? Humm makes me wonder !

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5. #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    For a guy who suggests that something a Device with 512 RAM is using "last year" tech for RAM but a different Device with 512 RAM is "TOP OF THE LINE", questioning how people make arguments is probably not your best bet.quality-my-must-read-beef-reaction.html[/url]



    Really? You've posted actual facts and evidence to indicate reviewers who have stated the Pre3 is a flop on arrival? Engadget seems to like it. The people who've reviewed it with hands on on this site seem to like it. BGR seems to like it. Precentral seems to like it. All actual hands on reviews I've seen are rather pleased with the device. If you're going to make statements it incumbant on you to back it up.

    Yes, amazing...the interwebs are aflame with people ****y. This is new...how? Are you honestly telling me that if they released a slab intead of a vertical slider we wouldn't be seeing complaints from keyboard fans? If they named it something other than Pre but left it the same there wouldn't be complaints? The nature of anonymous internet people is to *****, moan, and complain and its common human nature that those who are ****ed off are more apt to be louder than those who are happy.

    The problem is you keep mixing up your OPINIONS with "proof" and "facts" in so many threads. Your OPINION is that its going to flop, the reason for yoru opinion is your one sided viewing of the reactions, you have zero "proof" or "facts" that it WILL flop.
    Indeed it does, nor does it necessarily need a few hundred people that are whining on the internet. In the grand scheme of things the reaction on tech blogs, that galvinize fan's of other devices just as much as fans of the deviec being launched, and other internet sources of anonymous nature are rather worthless in determining if this is a "flop", especially when its being determined by someone who is obviously so invested in viewing things in the light he wishes to see it that they ignore all other reality even when its clearly presented to them.

    When the Pre3 comes out, then we'll know if its a "proven" flop.[/QUOTE]

    Was he talking to me? I don't know, I have blocked his posts. I just simply don't want to read them any more.

    But since I read your thread -- and some clips of his -- I must say this: he won't believe any hands on because most people DID like the Pre and it still failed. But a lot of hands on viewers did notice it felt light weight, and somewhere along the lines someone compared it to a toy. The keyboard was talked about being a trouble point. And most of the hands on with Pre 3 did notice a noticeable difference with the build and keyboard. And if you say anything good, he will point to you saying that you can't possibly know that THEN in the same post slam the Pre 3 for being a "last year device". I am sorry, if we can't say anything good about the Pre 3 then he can't say anything negative.

    Thus, why I blocked his posts.
  6. #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Meh. Talk is cheap. They've shown us what their words are worth.

    They shouldn't have had to muster up a response. They spent months offering teasers in advance of Feb. 9, replete with blurry pictures of mysterious new hardware. But, who were they teasing? They were teasing existing Palm/WebOS users, the only ones who would be excited about WebOs advancements. It wasn't as if they suddenly discovered on the morning of Feb. 9 that they weren't going to update existing users' software (despite promises to the contrary). They should have had a plan that forthrightly acknowledged that there would be bumps in the transition to the new architecture--I think folks would have accepted that. Instead, they teased, and obfuscated, and lied, and ultimately very clearly demonstrated little regard for the existing customer base.
  7. #187  
    My cracked Pre (and chunk of plastic gone around the USB port) ain't going to make it till the Pre3 comes out I fear. I do not want the Pre 2 if the 3 is going to come out in a few months. So, $50 bucks off a Pre 2 wouldn't be enough in my case. I might be forced to settle for the Pre 2, grrrr. I HATE the "coming this summer" claim.

    ET
  8. #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sorry, I disagree (I'm going to assume "so" means "same", otherwise, I don't even know what he meant).

    A guarantee comes with a recourse for not meeting your goals. It also usually includes what they will do to make it right. For instance, if my tire blows out, Discount tires has guaranteed it for me, and they will pay me back a prorated amount for the tire.

    You seem to be confusing guarrantee and warranty. The former is merely an assurance of something (usually in writing but can also be verbal) with no specific conditions or penalties. The latter is a contractual obligation with defined penalties/resolutions. Failure to fulfill a guarrantee is a breach of trust, failure to fulfill a warranty is breach of contract.
  9. #189  
    I see pandas.
  10. #190  
    May you accidentally step on dog poo for posting that link here.
  11. #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by B-rod View Post
    They shouldn't have had to muster up a response. They spent months offering teasers in advance of Feb. 9, replete with blurry pictures of mysterious new hardware. But, who were they teasing? They were teasing existing Palm/WebOS users, the only ones who would be excited about WebOs advancements. It wasn't as if they suddenly discovered on the morning of Feb. 9 that they weren't going to update existing users' software (despite promises to the contrary). They should have had a plan that forthrightly acknowledged that there would be bumps in the transition to the new architecture--I think folks would have accepted that. Instead, they teased, and obfuscated, and lied, and ultimately very clearly demonstrated little regard for the existing customer base.
    Yes.
  12. #192  
    Promises promises from HPalm. What HPalm / Sprint could do to win me back is to offer a huge discount to the upcoming Pre 3 (including my $150 Sprint upgrade discount).

    A Palm Pre 2 for FREE? HELL 2D NAAAAW - I dont want a discounted Pre 2 and be back in the same situation next year this time! Give me something I can cheer praises for WebOS again, much like I did back in June 09.
  13. #193  
    Honestly speaking if HP or Sprint does not deliver we have to hit them where it hurts the most, in there pockets. Leave Sprint and boycott HP. Best way to get results.
  14. #194  
    Any bets on how long until we hear something concrete? I can't say that I have a lot of faith in this vague promise from a company that appears to be unable to figure out what it can or cannot deliver at an undefined point in time...
  15. #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Honestly speaking if HP or Sprint does not deliver we have to hit them where it hurts the most, in there pockets. Leave Sprint and boycott HP. Best way to get results.
    I don't see how they control the actions of HP - I know they must (as a carrier) be given a larger seat at the table than you or I but ultimately they are unable to give you an HP device if HP is not delivering.

    Given the track record of the Pre on Sprint in terms of support hours and exchanged bad units - why should Sprint have entertained the Pre+ or Pre2?

    I know it sucks but at least Sprint has other non-HP options that you can move to if you absolutely cannot stand being on the Pre any longer. I would not punish the carrier for holding firm and not buying into another support nightmare (Pre+ and Pre2). I have heard nothing that makes me think that either the Pre+ or Pre2 have better hardware and will last longer without suffering the same kinds of problems that the Pre did.

    The Pre3 on the other hand is new hardware and may have addressed these issues - time will tell. It's not clear yet if Sprint has passed on the Pre3 or not - in fact we have no idea what carrier (if any) is going to carry the Pre3. The Veer in present form is only GSM so AT&T and Tmobile are the likely carriers stateside.
  16. #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Any bets on how long until we hear something concrete? I can't say that I have a lot of faith in this vague promise from a company that appears to be unable to figure out what it can or cannot deliver at an undefined point in time...
    I'm willing to bet it will be 1 to 2 years of more empty promises, going by the track record so far.
  17. #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    I'm willing to bet it will be 1 to 2 years of more empty promises, going by the track record so far.
    and your looking at the track record of HP right not Palm?
  18. #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    and your looking at the track record of HP right not Palm?
    Good point. I suspect it has to be a mix of the two. Looking at the new TouchPad video from MWC that has just been posted on the p|c front page, I had a "deja vu" moment that took me back to the 1st half of 2009 with the Palm Pre (and this is when Palm had nothing to do with HP). The style of the demo, complete with "no, you are not allowed to touch it; we'll do the driving for you", was all there. So HP may be the company, but there is still a Palm "presence" there.

    OK, maybe I've been watching to many Ghost Whisperer reruns on that last reference. Sorry.
  19. #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    and your looking at the track record of HP right not Palm?
    If you mean the HP that said "we didn't buy webOS to get into the smart-phone market" then yes.
  20. #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Good point. I suspect it has to be a mix of the two. Looking at the new TouchPad video from MWC that has just been posted on the p|c front page, I had a "deja vu" moment that took me back to the 1st half of 2009 with the Palm Pre (and this is when Palm had nothing to do with HP). The style of the demo, complete with "no, you are not allowed to touch it; we'll do the driving for you", was all there. So HP may be the company, but there is still a Palm "presence" there.

    OK, maybe I've been watching to many Ghost Whisperer reruns on that last reference. Sorry.
    Neither really. What you are doing is concentrating on too much on how this personally affects you. You noticed the demo in 2009 because you were interested in the Pre. Same for this demo.

    Most demonstrations of product that is not available for shipping are "hands off". It's not a Palm thing, it's not an HP thing, it's really not even a technology thing (though it's more common, since these devices also often include OSs/Software that's usually not "unscripted ready").

Posting Permissions