Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 106
  1. #81  
    A lot of people keep saying everyone this and everyone that! This Thread could be much shorter if you said "the majority" ... lol.

    I think the pre3 and veer were both Palm designs in the works when Palm bought them.
    I think slabs will come out in the coming months when HP backed designs come out.

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    A lot of people keep saying everyone this and everyone that! This Thread could be much shorter if you said "the majority" ... lol.

    I think the pre3 and veer were both Palm designs in the works when Palm bought them.
    I think slabs will come out in the coming months
    Did say the majority.
    The majority of smartphone users want slabs and landscape sliders.

    I have said that 50 times.

    The market right now proves it.

    ::sigh::

    That's where this all started.
    Portrait sliders are NOT what most want.
  3. ToddK's Avatar
    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    #83  
    just, "bite the bullet", and agree that "matty" is right. "The Pre 3 is going to fail!",

    ...there, I said it. (but, I don't believe it.) ;-) ....he's just gonna keep arguing, if you don't.

    The Pre 3 and webOS 2.xx will do fine. (IMHO, of course.) It doesn't have to be an iPhone or Android "killer", to make me very happy.

    The Pre 3 is the "total package" for me, and I think for many, many others.

    I don't know why so many who have moved on to other devices, feel the need to continue to push "their" opinion that the Pre 3 will fail. Why do you care, anymore?

    '
  4. #84  
    Ah, I guess I missed that Matty.

    I think it will fail in comparison to the other US OS's and hardware.

    It's hard to argue when some people would say the pre wasn't a failure. haha.

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  5. #85  
    it's not that I don't agree or disagree with him that it's gonna fail or not it's the reason for which he says it's gonna fail a phone will never fail just based on a form factor he acts as if the 4 phones he named faild solely because they were a portrait slider which is just blasphemy!! I tell ya! blasphemy!!!!!
    I plan on becoming an active member of this forum time to start posting
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Ah, I guess I missed that Matty.

    I think it will fail in comparison to the other US OS's and hardware.

    It's hard to argue when some people would say the pre wasn't a failure. haha.

    I didn't see not one person say the pre wasn't a failure?
    I plan on becoming an active member of this forum time to start posting
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by semahjiscool View Post
    I didn't see not one person say the pre wasn't a failure?
    I have seen many people defend it.

    JKK, You say feature phones... are you talking about qwerty ones of t9?
    There are a lot more t9 keypad sliders.

    Reasons for sliders are on feature phones:
    1)touchscreens are pricey
    2)more compact design.
    3)keeps buttons from accidental presses.
    4)adds a way to hang-up.

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  8. webpoet73's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #88  
    When I went into Sprint in 09 to get a phone, I looked at the Hero (a "slab"), Samsung Moment (landscape slider), and the Pre. The sales person actually talked me out of the Pre into a Moment. I hated it. I took it back for a Pre. Unlike most reviews and things I heard, I had no issues with the keyboard. The reason I want a horizontal slider or a slab is because I got frustrated when using the browser and having to type in the web page in vertical mode and then rotate to horizontal. I guess I am just used to viewing the web in a wide screen format.

    I think that HP should have released a landscape slider in addition to the Pre3. But is it just me, but doesn't webOS feel like it works better in a vertical orientation? Maybe that's why. At least it did on the Pre. As if that's the way it was meant to be used. Perhaps that's why they stick with the same form factor...
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I have seen many people defend it.

    JKK, You say feature phones... are you talking about qwerty ones of t9?
    There are a lot more t9 keypad sliders.

    Reasons for sliders are on feature phones:
    1)touchscreens are pricey
    2)more compact design.
    3)keeps buttons from accidental presses.
    4)adds a way to hang-up.
    every last reason (cept 1) is a reason for it to be on a smartphone and no there plent of portrait featurephone out the with full keyboards I see a lot of em among my friends
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I have seen many people defend it.

    JKK, You say feature phones... are you talking about qwerty ones of t9?
    There are a lot more t9 keypad sliders.

    Reasons for sliders are on feature phones:
    1)touchscreens are pricey
    2)more compact design.
    3)keeps buttons from accidental presses.
    4)adds a way to hang-up.
    I was talking QWERTY portrait feature phone sliders.

    They are slightly pricier than normal feature phones, but people buy them because the design looks more sophisticated than a simple slab featurephone.
  11. #91  
    HP is #10 in the top 100 fortune 500 companies and distributs alot of product to walmart who is # 1 on the list . And will use AT&T who is # 8 or so . So I believe that HP has the market cornerd on dilvery of product they just have to release it is all . And when the releases start don't expect it to stop any time soon !! The pre3 will be a good seller maybe not he best, but good .

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  12. brdl04's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    But they're Apple! LOL



    Sent from my eVo
    Thats the point. Form factor means nothing.
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by semahjiscool View Post
    every last reason (cept 1) is a reason for it to be on a smartphone and no there plent of portrait featurephone out the with full keyboards I see a lot of em among my friends
    Never said there where no qwerty slider feature phones, read better.
    All those reasons are why portrait phones are desirable.

    A touch screen (aka slab) doesn't need any of those options.


    Quote Originally Posted by JKK Photography View Post
    I was talking QWERTY portrait feature phone sliders.

    They are slightly pricier than normal feature phones, but people buy them because the design looks more sophisticated than a simple slab featurephone.
    They don't make many slab feature phones. Are you talking about the instinct?

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    They don't make many slab feature phones. Are you talking about the instinct?
    I have never seen or heard of a feature phone with a slab form factor.

    Swyped from my HTC HD2 (CM7)
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  15. #95  
    what is a slab feature phone ?????????
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  16. #96  
    A candybar phone.
    If I show up at your door, chances are you did something to bring me there.
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by JKK Photography View Post
    Not everyone wants a slab or a landscape slider.

    Have you ever tried these form factors for a year or more? Compared and contrast the two? Or is this just, "grass is always greener on the other side?"
    I have, and I vastly prefer a landscape slider. The keys are bigger, the screen with the keyboard open is in landscape, which gives more space for text entry in a larger font (most text entry boxes, like the one right here on the PreCentral forums are shaped for landscape viewing). Have you ever used the keyboard on one of the be LG or Samsung landscape sliders? FANTASTIC. BIG Keys, nice feel. If WebOS were available in a landscape slider I would buy one NOW. I would even pay the un-subsidised price! WebOS has kept me on a portrait slider, but everytime I use a good landscape slider (not a motodroid, the keyboards on those suck) I get a little pang and wonder if I could survive in the irritating, gesture-bar-free, card-free, clutterd, fragmented world of Android. Try it: go to your local cellular halo store, pick up an LG Fathom, or whatever and if you get Android to do what you want... Just typing something on it. In landscape, on a big keyboard. Yes, I like a smalle phone (one of my problems with the HUGE slabs like the EVO), but my old Samsung Glyde was a small landscape slider, even smaller than the Pre, even though the keyboard was too flat it was still easier to type on than the Pre. Also, a good size landscape slider offers room for a dedicated number row and arrow keys, which frankly, are nice. Even big portrait kewboards like those on Black Berries seem cramped and unfulfilling after using a good landscape slider.

    my 2 cents on form factor.
    Last edited by Jawzx2; 02/12/2011 at 01:26 AM. Reason: correction.
  18. #98  
    The Pre 3 form factor really hurts Hp. Everyone saying it doesn't is in complete denial.

    The reason for this is a slider has much more mechanical parts and prone to break or wobble (oreo effect) more easily.

    If Hp would have gone with a slab the phone would have felt much more solid with less mechanical problems.

    Sometimes less is more...

    Also, that Pre 1 form factor left a bitter taste in people and to still adopt it 2 years later is a huge mistake. They should have redesigned the Pre from the ground up.
  19. #99  
    as has been mentioned in another thread, the pre3 could very well still be a leftover palm design.
    there will be hp slab phones and/or landscape sliders. they're getting developed as we speak (speculation).
    designing and developing a smartphone like this just takes time, a lot of time.
    i hope nobody thinks the pre3 and veer is all there ever will be, and a pre4 for christmas.
    the fact that those devices are not yet available is annoying, but there's nothing to do but to wait.
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    as has been mentioned in another thread, the pre3 could very well still be a leftover palm design.
    there will be hp slab phones and/or landscape sliders. they're getting developed as we speak (speculation).
    designing and developing a smartphone like this just takes time, a lot of time.
    i hope nobody thinks the pre3 and veer is all there ever will be, and a pre4 for christmas.
    the fact that those devices are not yet available is annoying, but there's nothing to do but to wait.
    I understand what your saying its just Hp had an opportunity to really put itself at the top and failed to do so. A missed opportunity by Palm/Hp again. Furthermore, WebOs users are tired of waiting, this is why so many are frustrated.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions